Search results

1. Meloski

Official Jolida JD9 thread

It’s always nice to find a obvious problem, fix it with confidence and enjoy.
  2. Meloski

Adjusting the volume

Just what is happening to the power and current when you adjust the amplifier volume?
  3. Meloski

Selecting a new cartridge

Before I make a audio purchase online I tend to do a lot of research. Price, quality, compatibility, reviews and the like. I am now currently seeking to purchase a new cartridge for my VPI Scout II. The struggle is real. With so many choices at so many different price points it is hard to select...
  4. Meloski

Hi from RI

I grew up in Smithfield. Send me some pizza strips from Palmaries Bakery.
  5. Meloski

You could have a upgrade version. Could be some Black Mundorff caps. Try contacting Jolida, (Black Ice Audio) with the serial number. They could give you the date of manufacture and perhaps some build information. You may have a real gem there.
  6. Meloski

Wow. Fun ahead for you. Look into the start of this thread. All the information you need with resources too. Great step by step step mod program. http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=invenio&folderid=6855
  7. Meloski

Pics of your listening space

Please start drinking those wines.
  8. Meloski

turntable lessons learned during 2019

Just a quick look through the hole of the record at the spindle and you will nail it every time.
  9. Meloski

What happens when you add a Step Up Transformer to the JD9 upgraded? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moving-Coil-Phono-Step-Up-Transformer-Cinemag-3440AH-4-Ratios-1-9-1-36-MC-SUT/124014964458?hash=item1cdfde2eea:g:lxUAAOSwZdZcyMOo&redirect=mobile Test record, Neil Young, On The Beach. I like this...
  10. Meloski

Thanks scorp, The manufacturer told me that his sut works great with all the AT 33 carts. It arrives on Friday and will be installed quickly Two questions, what is your grounding sequence for your TT, SUT, Phono pre and what is your prefered gain setting?
  11. Meloski

Today I purchased a SUT a cinemag 3440AH I'll put in between the turntable and the JD9 and run it as a mm cart. I am hoping this will eliminate the slight hum that I have. Has anybody here tried this set up?
  12. Meloski

What are your annual Spotify numbers?

Bob Dlyan was my number one artist played Played 11,480 different songs. Listened for 88,472 minutes (1482 hours) I averaged just over 4 hours a day and that was only Spotify. Add to that plenty of turntable time. Funny thing I have always felt that I've only scratched the surface of my music...
  13. Meloski

MM or MC...in the $400-500 range?

AT33PTGII
  14. Meloski

Please suggest a tube pre amplifier.

I have really had some trouble finding a tube pre amp on line. My ultimate pre amp would have some of the following features All tube hand wired Mono switch Headphone Jack < $2000.00 I would have thought this would be a easy find
  15. Meloski

10 OCTAVE pre Into Carver Crimson 274

Bueller, Bueller?
  16. Meloski

10 OCTAVE pre Into Carver Crimson 274

I am seriously considering the purchase of this pre-amp amplifier combo from Jim Clark Stereo. https://jimclarkstereo.com/audioquest-bob-carver-elac-stereo-equipment/Bob-Carver-Crimson-275-Tube-Amp-and-10-Octave-LP-1R-remote-volume-Tube-Preamp-p147840132 Reviews and testimonials of these...
  17. Meloski

Moving into separates

Well I have a serious interest in a Bob Carver Crimson 275 ( like that I can pair it for a mono bock set up) paired with a Ten Octave pre amplifier. Problem is I haven’t been able to find any reviews other than persons that are affiliated with the manufacturers.
  18. Meloski

Made in the USA, Audio

Steve Deckert of Decware in Peoria, IL seems to be building some interesting amplifiers. http://www.decware.com/newsite/homepage.html Is anybody familiar?
  19. Meloski

Made in the USA, Audio

Agreed, I think we should try to keep it to products that are currently available in the market place.
  20. Meloski

Made in the USA, Audio

Sure.
  21. Meloski

Made in the USA, Audio

Homegrown would be nice. If it is Made in the USA then I think it fits the discussion, regardless of the company ownership.
  22. Meloski

Made in the USA, Audio

Let discuss brands of audio that are exclusively manufactured in the USA. Pros, cons, pricing, value, quality.
  23. Meloski

Moving into separates

I have been shopping around for a speaker upgrade for a few months now. Budget $5000.00. A few good candidates. I just haven’t found the right pair for me.
  24. Meloski

Moving into separates

My Jolida is loaded with Gold Lion KT77 x 4, Bugle Boy 12AT7 x 2 and Telefunken 12AX7 x 2 No air.
Back
Top Bottom