Search results

1. bonzoro

What are some of the nicest pairs of speakers you own?

I'm going to pick up my set of Legacy Audios I sold and traded back for in a couple weeks. .
  2. bonzoro

Why is a Nichicon 35V 3.3uF so large?

That's not how it works. You look for a component that matches Value, Voltage and size (among other items) but those are important.
  3. bonzoro

Douk Audio VU3 Dual Analog VU Meter

Great, more BPC
  4. bonzoro

Audio Analyzers - HP 8903B vs. QuantAsylum QA403

The company lacks good customer support as many do.
  5. bonzoro

Audio Analyzers - HP 8903B vs. QuantAsylum QA403

I have a QA-401 and it works great. I can't dump my 500 WPC amp into it but I don't need to.
  6. bonzoro

Cannabis and weight loss

It made my WALLET lighter.
  7. bonzoro

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

I carry my Kershaw mostly and I don't want my Benchmade to look like that. Both are Automatics and I carried them in the "SandBox" for a few years.
  8. bonzoro

Why is a Nichicon 35V 3.3uF so large?

Cmon man.... They tell you what the dimensions are.
  9. bonzoro

New variacs on that auction site

I looked around and found a couple NOS transformers when I did my resto's. I probably didn't need to replace it but I got a great deal and they were smooth as a whistle. I should NOT have sold the 3 meter W5MT3AW..... I was hoping I was going to find another. I do still have the dual scale...
  10. bonzoro

Who is going to win the Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul fight?

I heard Butterbean is going to fight the winner (on 5 minutes notice)...... Long live Butterbean. :)
  11. bonzoro

Melos MA-222B has a fried Power Supply, any kits worth building?

Tom, I have a question. The power supply units I bought from you are working great but the pre amp enclosure has some issues. The Melos workmanship wasn't the best and that was compounded by the guy who worked on this. I do believe when he was TRYING to fix the Power Supply board and had the...
  12. bonzoro

Melos MA-222B has a fried Power Supply, any kits worth building?

I built up both Power Supply Boards, one Left, and one Right. Still need to Debug the preamp unit but the PS is tweaked in and ready. Interconnect cables built, just need to dick with the wiring after I get it up and running.
  13. bonzoro

Has the USPS Lost Its Mind?

I ship my Sansui Boards via USPS and never had an issue. I use Fedex about every 2 weeks (Heavy WOPL's/Amps) for the last several years and never had a loss.
  14. bonzoro

Northwinds long time seller here on AK

Me too, I picked up some NICE albums from him, he's the best.
  15. bonzoro

Residential Electric Service Upgrade to 100 amp or 150 amp?

This is where it starts adding up to $$$$$$$$ The 1999 version of the National Electrical Code (NEC) is when Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI) first appeared in the Code. Since then, AFCI requirements have expanded to several areas throughout the NEC and so the confusion began. A common...
  16. bonzoro

Residential Electric Service Upgrade to 100 amp or 150 amp?

Check your codes, if you have to do the mandatory upgrade to Arc-Fault Breakers with any electrical box work, it could murder your budget. They start at around 50 bucks (the breakers), and go up from there. Not only new houses require upgrading to AFB's but many states require you to upgrade...
  17. bonzoro

Bill D mods for Carver C1

I've done several. I skipped the 150 1% resistors after the first one. It made no difference. I also put my own power supply in it since the power supply in the C1 runs hot and the specs are pretty wide. My module keeps the 12VDC spot on. I have seen some as low as 7-8VDC. I also put in the...
  18. bonzoro

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

We all use the site differently and I didn't ask for you to "Address" anything. When I open the site, I click on "New Posts" and I read through what interests me. The Fluff, piles up and buries what I may be looking for. That's another thing about this site, if you don't agree with everybody...
  19. bonzoro

Can't Find 100W Incandescent Bulbs?

Dimmable for DBT??? Simply amazing. :)
  20. bonzoro

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

I agree. All the game/numbers/countdown hogwash etc just clog up the site. It makes it a bit more difficult when you are trying to find something. All the bs buries the important stuff but I gave up on the "Why" a long time ago.
  21. bonzoro

Legacy Audio Focus speakers coming back to the fold

I scored these a couple years back and did some dealing with my bro, and now it looks like I will be bringing them back into my system here in the next couple weeks. They sounded excellent and can handle a ton of power I miss having them around. It means I lose my Super Heresy's and a couple...
  22. bonzoro

The Direct Acoustics Silent II Speaker

Yep, Burhoe's single modules were great speakers once you find the "Spot" which you'll ONLY find by playing around with placement. You can't ask for placement help as all rooms are different. His "Dual Module" design includes my Burhoe designed Epicure 20+ and they sound WAY EXCELLENT. I also...
  23. bonzoro

Akai GX-260D In for service.... Anybody have re-cap parts list?

Yep, red rectangles
Back
Top Bottom