Search results

1. Dearslayer

Realistic STA -90 tuning capacitor

I have to keep an eye out for a knob. Unfortunately one knob is not an original. I see one on ebay but with shipping and USD conversion it will cost me about $57 CDN to get it to my door. That's more than I paid for the unit.
  2. Dearslayer

It's my first step away from Marantz and Pioneer and I must say I was a little leery at first thinking that it was a messed up unit but after cleaning up the pots a switches it sound pretty good and it does look good with that orange glow.
  3. Dearslayer

Purchased a couple of FM antenna's today. The "T" type wire kind and hung it from the rafters in the basement. Gotta say the reception is very much better and was able to tune to 4-5 stations so that the dial indicator lit up Red, so I'm happy with that. Now to remove the face plate to clean it...
  4. Dearslayer

I sprayed some cleaner in a plastic cap and used a cotton swab do daub the cleaner in those areas. It didn't really seem to improve anything. I'm going to grab a better FM antenna perhaps tomorrow to give it a try or move the receiver upstairs for better reception and see what the difference...
  5. Dearslayer

ok I thought as much but I wanted to be sure so I don't contaminate something.
  6. Dearslayer

So this is the actual tuner capacitor. Where specifically should I put the cleaner. I don't see any corrosion at first glance.
  7. Dearslayer

Awesome info. Thanks so much.
  8. Dearslayer

So is that grease or corrosion where the arrows are pointing?
  9. Dearslayer

Thanks for the link Painttoad .I'll try to clean it carefully.
  10. Dearslayer

Hi all... I just picked up a Realistic STA-90 last night for $50. The guy wanted $100.00 but he said he didn't try everything to be sure it worked so I got it for $50.00. Not sure if that is overpriced for this unit or not. I'm not familiar with this brand at all but figured I'd stray from my...
  11. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

This is the link to the course I was looking at.... any thoughts as far as good or bad?? https://www.etcourse.com/
  12. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

I googled the Sam's Photofact and of course it's a paid service. Interesting site though. Never knew it existed. Thanks for the advise. I think I'll check out that online course again that I mentioned earlier. Seems as thought every time I get interested again in the audio repair, something...
  13. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

I was going to take an online electronic course at a college a couple years ago but life and death got in the way. Perhaps now is the time to try again.
  14. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

What might be the best place/ source, to learn how to read schematics, Marantz and Pioneer in particular. I struggle when looking at the diagrams and comparing to the units themselves for such things as how to start to trace where the power/signal starts and following it along. I suddenly go...
  15. Dearslayer

How to measure the power output.

Hello... No I actually never did take the course. Unfortunately I lost a lot of family and friends over the last few years and my interest dropped of because of it. Hope to get back into it one day soon. The course was offered online by George Brown college in Ontario Canada. I'd still like to...
  16. Dearslayer

47pf voltage

Awesome thanks so much. Dummy me never thought to look in the SM. Just thought that with the change in pf that the voltage might be different as well. Thanks.
  17. Dearslayer

47pf voltage

Hi... been reading an older thread regarding the Pioneer SX-750 restoration and I'm trying to put together a cap list/BOM that I tried to start quite some time ago but like everything else, life gets in the way. In the attached...
  18. Dearslayer

Leestereo's Restoration & Upgrade of a Pioneer SX-750

I'm trying to get a list together to restore my Pioneer SX750 and was wondering what voltage I should get for this suggested 47pf cap. If someone has a Mouser Part# that would be awesome.
  19. Dearslayer

NAD 705 no display.

Thanks so much for the input. I do go to Hifi engine for the info as you suggested. I've printed the SM for every unit I have or own however as stated I'm very much a rookie when it comes to electronics and I'm just trying to learn along the way. What seems easy and straight forward for someone...
  20. Dearslayer

NAD 705 no display.

I guess the first thing is to clarify if the Green light means remote standby or "Power On". There are no other indicators to show power on. That will help clarify if I'm getting power ( 30v ) with power on or off. So I unsoldered the two bridged pins on the PCB and soldered them individually...
  21. Dearslayer

NAD 705 no display.

Not sure what the heck is going on here I'm getting 37.84VDC with the power button turned OFF!!
  22. Dearslayer

NAD 705 no display.

Also the fuses at F305 and F306 were blown. I replaced them but I still have no voltage at the PCB for the LEDs.
  23. Dearslayer

NAD 705 no display.

Another part of the problem is that I'm not getting much if any Voltage on those wires or on the pins where they are plugged in on the main board that should supply the power. I'll get some photos shortly and post the results that are showing. I watched some YouTube videos whereby there should...
  24. Dearslayer

NAD 705 no display.

Hello. I recently had this receiver given to me. It powers on but has no display. There was a thread a few years back the DYI section about this model having the same issue, I guess it was common. I revived the thread but nobody responded to my questions. I'm trying to install new LEDs which I...
  25. Dearslayer

NAD display repair - sharing DIY experience

Reviving this old thread. I was just given a NAD 705 with no display or sound. No sound because of the Display??? No idea. Can someone with more knowledge than myself perhaps provide a Amazon or EBay link to the appropriate LED strip that I need to fix the display??
Back
Top Bottom