Search results

1. Steve-H

AKer Steve H's large format Photos

These all were scanned prints, with the exception of the color photo. Back then I didn't have my neg scanner up and running yet...Now that I do I'll have to spend some quality time getting more images in. The last bridge photo isn't the best print - the highs in the waterfall are blown out. I...
  2. Steve-H

Hehe - loong exposure times on that one. Poor guy was patient enough to wait to get it fired up, but towards the end he got antsy.
  3. Steve-H

Thanks guys. Glad to see Dave is looking at something other than 'mens intimate garment' collections on the 'net.
  4. Steve-H

High end capacitors, hype-with proof.

That is because you didn't used non-oxygenated gold-plated speaker cable that was made on Mars for NASA.....At $80/ft. Also don't forget those ghey telephone pole things that keep the speaker cables off of the floor - because you CAN hear that difference.
  5. Steve-H

Koonce amps are here....!!

Seriously ?
  6. Steve-H

Springfield, Mass pickup to ship ?

Gents, Anyone in Springfield, MA ? There's a set of some motorcycle saddlebags (Vintage ones) that I would really like, however the seller will not ship - cash/carry only. Someone around to help me out ? Thanks, Steve
  7. Steve-H

Home Depot Speaker Wire........

You are welcome Dave. Just think that if you actually finished your projects, all that shit would be nicely kept inside an enclosure :thmbsp:
  8. Steve-H

Dual Rectifier ST70 Done !

Thanks for all the comments ! Now that I've been running the amp for a while (and resolved my 60hz hum issue), I feel that I can now comment on the sound. To say that I am happy with the way it turned out - is an understatement. Irregardless of the type of music you throw at it...
  9. Steve-H

Well, I never did this when I started.....so I guess that now is a good time

Hate of digital ? Don't forget that Interweb p0rn is digitally sent to your computer !
  10. Steve-H

Happy Boy here..Pilot's pair...

Awesome stuff - I cannot WAIT for you to get tired of it and put 'em up for sale :D
  11. Steve-H

Your favorite wood finish

I like this stuff: http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=7259 Its an oil/urethane mix that is really fantastic; especially on figured woods (use the glossy for these). The ST70 was finished with a water-based dye, 4 coats of rubbed button shellac; then 4 coats of the ArmRSeal.
  12. Steve-H

Monster Cable vs coathangers?

what kinda wire does everyone think component manufactures use in that resistor you have in your grid stopper or coupling cap ? Or the lead coming out of your output transistor ? I assure you that it isn't anything special; prolly steel.
  13. Steve-H

Monster Cable vs coathangers?

I hope Tom reads this thread....
  14. Steve-H

Happy Birthday PakProtector!

Hhaaaaapppppppppppyyyyyyyy Biiiiiiirrrrrrrtttttthhhhhhhddddaaaayyyyy
  15. Steve-H

Shelly, Well the issue is just that the secondaries line up differently than the primaries in the way I hooked it up. Trying to stay as close to the Dynaco color schema as possible, I brought the blue colored wires to the front. Had I flipped that and had them drive the rear tubes...
  16. Steve-H

The squidman hooked me up ! :tresbon:
  17. Steve-H

Jay, Good question ! I don't know the answer for sure; but I believe it is a 'no'; as they are still feeding the same circuit.
  18. Steve-H

Yes - Ask my fostex how they know :tears: Hrmm, interesting....Will give it a shot. Right now I was able to swap in some lower value bias resistors to get my idle down to about 60mA per tube. I still have some annoying 60hz hum somewhere though...
  19. Steve-H

USA Arcam Dealer ?

Gents, Can anyone point me to a USA Arcam Dealer ? I see ONE that is listed... Thanks ! Steve
  20. Steve-H

Really nice. Its still breaking in/warming up - but it fills the room with sound; kinda in a way that my other amps cannot. While I would hate to think that it is the copious amount of power output; I think it might be.... I need to tone down the bias a bit and let 'er rip.
  21. Steve-H

Gents, Here's my take on a ST70: And some quick guts shots: Details: DIYTube Driver Board Edcor 4.2k Outputs PA-060S Power Tranny SDS Cap Board Dual Hammond 159v Chokes (Run in Series - needed the current rating) Winged 'C' KT88's RCA 12BH7s Phillips...
  22. Steve-H

PPP807 - My new Beasties

Well, not really much to say about them yet; except thems is heavy !
  23. Steve-H

Thedelihaus is the man !

Paul sent me two set of interconnects EL CHEAPO :banana: Awesome stuff; great dude.
  24. Steve-H

Bass Guitar Amp

Gents, Thinking of making a bass guitar amp - any high-level design pointers ? Planning on using Edcor's new transformers; that's fo sho' ! Wonder what Parallel-SE 6550's would do... Thanks, Steve
  25. Steve-H

Caught this Tarpon a few days ago in the Everglades

HOLY SHIT BATMAN ! :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom