Search results

1. MBuras

Sansui 9090 (not DB) only some function lights working

EDIT: FIXED Was wrapping up a quick tuneup which has now become a long drawn out headache. The function lights for only phono and aux do not illuminate. Replaced bulbs with no effect. Checked power, fuses, etc. The 6.5vac power is present at pin 39, and is transferred to the function bulbs for...
  2. MBuras

Kenwood KR-4400 Documented

While I was working on a basket case KR-4400 I noticed there didn't seem to be much info on the forum about this model. This thread is just meant to document the components I found inside my receiver. There weren't many variations from the service manual other than the main amp board...
  3. MBuras

Sansui AU-101 oddity on D001 double diode

Took in a Sansui AU-101 on trade knowing it has the left channel out and would need restoration. No problem. Comes up on DBT just fine and sure enough left channel not working. I'll address that later. At the moment I'm documenting all the parts I'll need for the restoration (once I fix the...
  4. MBuras

Pioneer SX-950 PS Rebuild or Not?

I know, that's a loaded question. :rolleyes: I've restored a few SX-950's over the years. A friend recently picked one up and just wants the bare minimum to get it into a reliable state, not trying for a full restoration. Was planning to rebuild the power board (usually very toasty in my...
  5. MBuras

pre-built snubber option available

When working on vintage Marantz receivers many of us build our own power switch snubbers, putting together a cap and resistor. Some opt for the expensive all-in-one option from Cornell at over $8 US when buying singles. It looks more like the original and neater most of the time. After much...
  6. MBuras

Help following SX-828 preamp schematic - troubleshooting dropped channel

Backstory. Fully rebuilt this SX-828 about 3 years ago. Been fine until recently. Started dropping the left channel. Usually within the first 5 minutes of power on and doesn't matter phono, aux, etc. -injected sound directly into amp section and both channels were fine for 30 minutes...
  7. MBuras

SX-828 stereo light flicker in AUX, other modes

Hello Pioneer friends. Have a Pioneer SX-828 back on the bench that I rebuilt about 3 years ago. It has a stereo indicator light that wants to slightly illuminate and flicker when playing music in modes other than FM. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal behavior (although my Marantz background...
  8. MBuras

Basket Case KA-7002 need some guidance

I bought it cheap knowing it didn't have sound output. Didn't know until I got it that there were literally parts missing on the amp card and definite signs of being worked on. I've subbed in proper replacements where needed, making sure to check, recheck orientation and pinouts as needed. It...
  9. MBuras

Kenwood KA-7002 amp board picture request

Good morning fellow AK'ers. It's a long shot but hoping someone out there might have an early model KA-7002 they could post close up pics of the amp board and maybe the relay wiring for bonus points. I have one that someone has been into. Some parts were missing and others have been changed but...
  10. MBuras

Realistic SA-2001 Integrated Amplifier Notes

Just dropping this here to possibly help others in the future. Recently rebuilt a Realistic SA-2001 and took lots of notes while I was inside. Most of the parts matched up to the service manual but there were a few oddities I will expand on below. Oh, and the schematic is complete junk and there...
  11. MBuras

Altec Lansing 912A All-in-one restoration and notes

Considering there is only one other post on AK about the little brother 911A I figured it'd be a good thing to share my findings on this rare all in one. I never intended to own any all in one, much less this one, but once I saw it in a thrift store I knew just by the looks I had to have it...
  12. MBuras

My Experience with Rebuilding a Marantz 1200 Integrated

I posted here a while back that I was looking for what many considered to be the best, or their favorite, Marantz integrated amplifier. Most of the results came back either 1060 or 1200. I bought a 1060 and did an extreme rebuild on it. While I liked the general sound of it there was some oomph...
  13. MBuras

Marantz 1060B Rebuild & Troubleshooting

Almost since the beginning of my time on this forum I've heard derogatory comments about the 1060B amplifier. Build quality is terrible, sound is terrible, nothing like the original 1060, etc. So of course I had to find out for myself. :D This one came to me in great cosmetic shape and...
  14. MBuras

Marantz 2010 or 2015 balance slider image

Hello fellow AK'ers. Wondering if anyone currently has a 2010 or 2015 baby Marantz open and can snap a clear pic of the wiring for the balance slider? Fixing one where someone else was obviously in here and boogered things up. The two blue wires are just dangling and no clear indication from...
  15. MBuras

US made Marantz use of silver mica caps

The subject comes from my recent acquisition of a Marantz 1120 which has build quality unlike the 22xx receivers and amps of the mid to late 70's. Despite restoring many dozens of the aforementioned units this will be my first experience with the US made units which feature large use of axial...
  16. MBuras

Top Marantz Integrated? Popular opinion

I currently have a pretty large collection of restored Marantz (and other) receivers and integrated amps. But realizing despite the blue glow appeal of the receivers I might be more interested in focusing on a nice quality integrated amp. If I sell my 2285, 2325 and others what should I use that...
  17. MBuras

Another 2245 restoration...but my first on this model

Finally have a few moments in between remodeling projects and was anxious to jump into another restoration. Wish it was something more interesting than a 2245 but I’ve not worked on one before and felt like posting something. I bought this one earlier this year but lost my notes on whether it...
  18. MBuras

Marantz 1090 Notes

Been a while since I’ve had time to touch a receiver. A recent house move and ongoing remodeling projects are demanding my attention. But I did have a chance to restore a Marantz 1090 integrated a few weeks back. It was my first time digging into this model so I followed @Leestereo previous...
  19. MBuras

What qualifies as "LED upgrade" on Marantz 22xx receivers?

I recently ran across a 2230 that was advertised as "LED upgrade" but when I got into it only the main display fuse lamps were changed. In my world this doesn't deserve to be called LED upgrade and I was a little disappointed because I thought I could save some $$$ on the restoration. Oh well...
  20. MBuras

Marantz 2270 with 4 8-ohm speakers

Been a bit absent from the Marantz forum working on some Sony amps. Disgraceful, I know. :D Have a friend that decided to run 4 8-ohm bookshelf speakers (2 on main, 2 on remote) from his Marantz 2270 and reports the right channel cuts out at anything beyond low volume. Where's the first place I...
  21. MBuras

Sony TA-1150 Build Thread

So normally I work on Marantz, Pioneer & Sansui gear but this little integrated has good looks and came at a good price so what the heck. There's not a lot of information out there on this amp so I thought I would contribute what I can by documenting the boards as I work through it. First...
  22. MBuras

Sansui AU-G77x Notes

An interesting little mid-1980's piece of Sansui gear. Not everyone's favorite era and definitely cheap build quality from an overall construction point of view, but that's been discussed before. I just wanted to touch on a few things I noticed while inside doing a recap. Sansui was still using...
  23. MBuras

New to me engraved 2230

Nothing beats the excitement of scoring your first engraved Marantz receiver. I've flipped quite a few 2230's but this one might be a keeper. Surely I can find space for it among the growing collection of fixers I have. The serial # is 4244 and build date stamp says 11/29/1971. It appears all...
  24. MBuras

Marantz 2270 late model factory modifications

I was recently working on a Marantz 2270 that is very late production, from October 4th, 1975. Serial number is #U462378. We all know there were a few service bulletins issued on this model but I've never seen pics of the mods. First up is service bulletin one which changes the temperature...
  25. MBuras

Pioneer A-80 Restoration - Recap & General Notes

I recently picked up a Pioneer A-80 on the cheap. It had a non-working channel with bad outputs and other various issues in that channel. After quite a bit of troubleshooting it's in running condition and received a full recap. Seeing as there's not much info on this receiver I figured I could...
Back
Top Bottom