Search results

1. thisOne

Record Frame Door For Expedit....

IKEA already sells door inserts for their EXPEDIT Line ($35 each), so why would they bother with some other guy's idea that displays records, probably cost a bunch to make and would be at a much higher price point to sell that their current offering, where the market would be a couple of...
  2. thisOne

Technics for 149000 Euro!

The photos need to be a bit darker.
  3. thisOne

Running several receivers in a system?

Get a selector switch.
  4. thisOne

I gotta show it off some where.

Did you shoot your eye out?
  5. thisOne

German man builds a "Soundtank"

He needs a plow and a lawn mower blade attachments on that thing.
  6. thisOne

Bringing turntable from UK to US

I brought two TTs from the UK on one flight. A Garrard 301 and a 401 (without the plinth or arm, of course). One went into my carry on bag, wrapped in some bubble wrap, plastic bag and my dirty laundry. The other, wrapped in more bubble wrap, went into a doubled Tesco heavy duty reusable...
  7. thisOne

Mcintosh v Sansui v Marantz v Pioneer v Sony v Technics Denon who is King Soundwise

Gotta give it to the OP :thmbsp: Still in pursuit of that mega audio related thread :banana: The best is what you have at the moment, which replaced the junk you used to own (and thought to be best) but replaced it with your current brand, which will be junk to you soon and will be replaced...
  8. thisOne

Boy this took a lot of guts.

It's a commercial for Liebherr
  9. thisOne

Boy this took a lot of guts.

Swiss engineering :D
  10. thisOne

Parts Express vs Amazon

PE wants you to buy in large quantities (place large orders) because then it's more efficient for them to ship it to you. They also offer no questions asked returns. So dealing with orders of little parts and very small orders is really inefficient for them. Also, I think they ship everything...
  11. thisOne

Why Do Non Audio post Get so many views and replies?

It's in the numbers. For every 500 members here there are probably one or two (depending on forum) that have some in depth and specific Audio related knowledge. For the rest of us it's a place where we see a topic, get giddy and start piling on with our smart comments. Then, occasionally a...
  12. thisOne

Does it really sound better

Wine, cheese, some women, some music, some vintage gear (now, combine these ingredients together and you are living life at the center of perfection) :D
  13. thisOne

Does it really sound better

Your wife is right...:D Women have better hearing :yes: Except this time... This thing..., it's all about you. Stick with it and in the end your wife's hearing will slightly deteriorate, yours will improve a bit, and hopefully (if your marriage lasts) you will both enjoy the music. :banana:
  14. thisOne

Trying to find a specific wood veneer....

It's wood, and the veneer pattern depends on the environmental condition of where the tree grew, then how the veneer was cut (even plain sliced from the same tree will have variations between sheets), as well as a number of other factors. You could get a batch of veneer from trees that grew...
  15. thisOne

Low Fequency Driver ID Please

Looks like the number is 32369, but the last digit is sort of rubbed off. I'll check these with my ohm meter. Thank so much for the ID. The guy I got these from said they were Altecs, just could not remember the model number. :thmbsp:
  16. thisOne

Low Fequency Driver ID Please

Dear all, I was wondering if any one of you could ID these LF drivers for me? These are 12" drivers. Thanks much
  17. thisOne

What is this obsession with Vampire movies????

Vampire movies are about sexual domination.
  18. thisOne

Upgrading Turntable RCA cables?

The Pioneer PL 71 has RCA terminals at the back of it and it is considered by many one of the top quality TTs, and is quite sought after. Me, I would not worry about any degradation of sound. Of course many a debate has raged in these forums about such hairs being split into thinner and...
  19. thisOne

Upgrading Turntable RCA cables?

Don't see why not... While you're at it see if you can figure out a way to put RCA terminals at the back of your TT so then you can plug in any lenght / brand of cable without having to hard wire it to the TT again. Don't forget a terminal for the ground.
  20. thisOne

More words/phrases to dump

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like
  21. thisOne

are you a record collector or turntable enthusiast or both?

I am a Vinyl masochist :yes: The whole painful, time consuming and fussy process of vinyl and turntables gives me pleasure :D
  22. thisOne

Marantz Sweet Karma!!

I love Marantz! For me Marantz made the best receivers and separates that combine great looks and great sound. Not everyone likes the Marantz sound, though. They say it is too colored. But that's what I love over any other brand I've heard (including McIntosh). Plus, for some reason they...
  23. thisOne

Marantz 6100 TT help

That's what it is there for.
  24. thisOne

New Vinyl,,,Colored or 180gm??

Depends on the color...
  25. thisOne

How does vinyl sound?

Well, OK then..., on the sound of vinyl, it can be pretty incredible. But what I find most amazing (and often annoying) are the numbers of recordings from the golden age of vinyl where a lot of great music recorded by so many great rock bands were so poorly produced and can sound so bad (even...
Back
Top Bottom