Search results

1. Bill Ashton

Things you don't see anymore.

Damn I am old, I remember 27.9/gal for regular at Speedway (unbranded) Gas...that was during "gas wars," usually 29.9/gal there and everywhere else...late '60's/early '70's
  2. Bill Ashton

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

There was a big to-do recently in our Boston paper about pets riding in laps or otherwise unrestrained in a car...driver's lap notwithstanding, apparently there are very few...if any...approved/tested pet carriers for cars. So THATS why your Llasa Apso rides in your lap ?! This electric bike...
  3. Bill Ashton

Why I always fetch our take-away myself! Someone should forward this image to the juicers in the home office/mother ship
  4. Bill Ashton

Brilliant! (Where's the RSPCA) ;)
  5. Bill Ashton

So THAT (#91,058) is why I have to take so many frighin' nip bottles off my lawn? Sorry for this and previous, having bad day... "Get those kids out of my yard!"
  6. Bill Ashton

Probably never learned to use a clutch!
  7. Bill Ashton

^^^ from #91,052. And this is giving info to Red China? What must they think of us...or the upcoming generation :rolleyes: What did she just do, scan the cat's a#$ ???
  8. Bill Ashton

Well, except maybe for the Chevy II "Nova" at 11 o'clock...
  9. Bill Ashton

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Water for tea boilng on stove, cat protesting to go out with wife for newspaper, and squeaky door hinges I should take care of...
  10. Bill Ashton

Potpourri Of Interesting *Old* Ads - Anything is game other than Audio!

Uh, not that I would get into at two-prop plane to fly to South America...but...are those machine guns in the nose :oops: OK, a little Wiki search, this aircraft was Bill Lear's first conversion, previously a Lockheed Lodestar...which was my first thought when I saw the plane!
  11. Bill Ashton

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

From what I read in the Boston Globe this morning, the new statute makes negotiation mandatory, the agent can't not negotiate his/her fee... There has to be a wrinkle here...bet the agency doesn't have to negotiate, so the agent you are dealing with get juiced :confused:
  12. Bill Ashton

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

My parents had exactly this Westinghouse record player...well, blue and off white...but as I asked long ago, what is it with sitting on the floor with a record player and records? A child of the 60's, we NEVER did that, nor did my parents! And yes (embarassed smile), my mother wore...
  13. Bill Ashton

Spring forward and start mowing

Yeah, I hear ya...I still remember blizzards in March, April and May! Gonna winterize the 10.5 hp, keep the 7 hp hanging ready for a while ;)
  14. Bill Ashton

Our grass is nowhere ready for cutting, but everything needs a good raking! Moved one snowblower yesterday, started on first pull, shut gas and let it die, bought a pump siphon to empty the tank, and then will fill tank with that canned non-ethanol stuff for storage.
  15. Bill Ashton

No longer...he be violating a licensing copywrite the estate has on Elvis...no making money off "The King" any more without approval :confused:
  16. Bill Ashton

Flintstone vitamins?
  17. Bill Ashton

Still do, at least in my city...more recently called vocational school...or in our "newspeak" Center For Technical Education and Innovation"...really? My father was a tool & die maker who went on to teach "Machine Shop" and "Machine Related (math)" for twenty or more years. In 7th & 8th grade...
  18. Bill Ashton

Need Help figuring out what vintage JBL speakers I bought

Actually, I tried to look it up this morning and found a rather long, disjointed post by him on a board (the disjointing not Mr Giest's fault) and we're both right. Was a speaker "ruggedized" for Fender, but otherwise the same as the regular D130...like the "oafs" bit, and more UV tolerant as...
  19. Bill Ashton

Need Help figuring out what vintage JBL speakers I bought

I can be corrected, but pretty sure the D130F is a high power guitar amplifier speaker, made for Fender amplifiers like the Showman and Twin Reverb. A ruggedized version of the D130...presume it would be great as a woofer, you will never blow it! ;)
  20. Bill Ashton

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Well, yes and no...one of those people who should not own a house, bought from grandmother and, to my observation, goes from one crisis to the next. I don't think they have a lot of money, so I have no sense that this will be fixed soon. So, I can't use my driveway?
  21. Bill Ashton

We are looking at a highly engineered, multiple level, theft prevention system here!
  22. Bill Ashton

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

...its just something that we do...:):beerchug::naughty:
  23. Bill Ashton

Mornin', 34°F /1°C, partly cloudy. Yesterday wind was fierce enough it shook a brick off my neighbor's chimney, which landed about 3 feet from our car in our driveway! Not happy. Don't like parking in the street because of nitwits that can't drive in 4-family apartment house parking lot...
  24. Bill Ashton

Wishful thinking on my part, given our mild winter, but the snowblowers aren't put away yet!
  25. Bill Ashton

What we do not know is whether his detectors are hardwire AC powered w/ battery back up or just battery; however, regardless of power supply, smoke dets have a useful life of ten years, and as I mentioned above CO detectors 5-7 years (depending on manufacturer).
Back
Top Bottom