Search results

1. Bill Ashton

Any idea whose LP this is?

A friend has sent me this image, from his wife's college days in about 1975, the album cover you can see at the lower left was popular with them but they cannot remember who it is. Can anyone ID this LP? I thought the "DA" haircut might be a clue, as it was kinda late for that...
  2. Bill Ashton

Anyone had their font a size change?

This morning I find that the font size on AK had increased, all by itself, on my cell phone. Only site I see that has done it...in fact as I type this the font is small but everything else huge. Been to settings, to get AK smaller, everything else becomes microscopic! Just me? My phone...
  3. Bill Ashton

Free COVID-19 Home Test Kits Available Again

Free home test kits are available again as of this month. Like before, you order them from a site run by the Post Office. Go to COVIDTests.gov
  4. Bill Ashton

AK Members in Hawaii all safe?

Seeing news reports/films of the horror in Maui, do we have any brothers/sisters there. Is everyone OK?
  5. Bill Ashton

To Our Brothers Up North

Just a shout out hoping that the wildfires have not affected you and your families, and if you have been displaced that everyone is safe. Here in Massachusetts we had haze and red sunset from the fires in Nova Scotia. I know Alberta has been hit hard as well... Good thoughts going to you all...
  6. Bill Ashton

Gary Rossington has passed

I have not seen this in three pages of posts, so I'll add it here... Gary Rossington, last original member of Lynard Skynyrd (sp!) passed away yesterday. He was the last remaining original member of the band. RIP Gary...
  7. Bill Ashton

RIP Dino Danelli, drummer of The Rascals

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/drummer-dino-danelli-co-founder-of-the-rascals-steven-van-zandt-band-member-dies-at-78/ar-AA15mSsV?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=9caa2f7cabc6422383611b631bb264b7 This week isn't ending well. Growing up in the 60's, loved watching the films of the band with...
  8. Bill Ashton

And then depression set in...Allied 395 blows fuse

Last night, my venerable Allied Model 395 Receiver blew her main power fuse when turned on last evening. She had been running as my main sourse for some time, with nary a burp. No magic smoke, just silence. Very unlikely something has shorted on outside, but that will be first thing I check...
  9. Bill Ashton

Free home COVID test kit program is ending

Get 'em while you can! https://www.cnet.com/health/final-week-to-get-free-covid-tests-how-to-order-yours-before-its-too-late/ I tried to apply, not knowing how many I had gotten, and when I finished the app told me that I had already gotten my allotment...fair enough, I lost count, glad...
  10. Bill Ashton

Stylus for Shure M75-EC

Got a call from son that he needs new stylus; several years ago I bought him a pair of NOS Shure replacement stylii, but he says they are corroded and have styrofoam attached to them. Were not like that when I gifted him, so don't know how he is stored them. No matter, he needs something. I...
  11. Bill Ashton

RIP US Marines killed in Norway

One of the Marines killed in Norway, when their Osprey went down in bad weather, was local, Capt. Ross Reynolds. He was just coming into Boy Scouts as my son was finishing, helping out at every Eagle work party. By all accounts a great kid, and sadly, a newlywed. Please remember the families...
  12. Bill Ashton

ANOTHER notice from AOL (Verizon email)

OK, here we go again... To start, as background, Verizon sold their email service to Yahoo, which sold all their stuff to AOL. When notified, I selected to keep our Verizon email address which we had since, I dunno, 1990? Anyway, in December we started getting emails from seemingly random...
  13. Bill Ashton

Is there a separate Quad or Four-Channel section?

Searched through a number of pages, but just find singular specific questions... I'd like to play around with setting up a Dyanco/Hafler type "simulation," if no section am I better just posting in Speakers?
  14. Bill Ashton

Don Wilson of The Ventures has passed

https://people.com/music/don-wilson-ventures-rhythm-guitarist-founding-member-dies-88/
  15. Bill Ashton

Is the AOL "Mailbox Security" thing for real?

Over the past few weeks I have gotten a thing purported to be from AOL telling me I had to click a link to do a new security thing for my email or essentially I would be dropped. They have kept pushing up the date. I originally had Verizon email; Verizon sold their email business to Yahoo who...
  16. Bill Ashton

Any new news (10-12-21) on Grumpy?

Good I hope...
  17. Bill Ashton

RIP George Frayne AKA "Commander Cody"

Announced on Facebook and also seen here: https://usdaynews.com/celebrities/celebrity-death/george-frayne-death/amp/
  18. Bill Ashton

RIP Joe Long, Four Seasons' bass player

Joe Long passed away on April 21, due to COVID, or COVID related. He was the Four Seasons' bassist from the mid 60's through the 70's. I remember him as he was a left handed bassist and played an Ampeg bass, unusual for the time. This may leave Frankie Valli as the sole surviving member of...
  19. Bill Ashton

RIP Tim Bogart (Vanilla Fudge)

Tim Bogart, fleet fingered bassist with Vanilla Fudge, Cactus and Beck Bogart & Appice has passed away due to cancer.
  20. Bill Ashton

Questions on Realistic STA-46 Receiver

My kids gifted me with a cute little Realistic STA-46 for Christmas; I had seen it on Craigslist, sorta waxed enthusiatic about, it but never even thought to try and buy it. So imagine my surprise on Christmas Day. Needless to say SWMBO had suggested against it, but my son carried on...
  21. Bill Ashton

RIP Gerry Marsden of Gerry & The Pacemakers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/gerry-marsden-dead-lead-singer-gerry-and-the-pacemakers-has-died-age-78-short-illness-heart-infection/ And so we begin 2021, very sad, one of our "British Invaders" :(
  22. Bill Ashton

(Old) Shure M31E/M32E

Way back in the day ('68/'69) when I started in with Radio Shaack as a high school kid, the top-of-the-line cart they carried was an RS120 and RS220, which I think translates to an M31E or M32E. This was just before they changed over to the M75 clones with the plastic over-body. Never see or...
  23. Bill Ashton

Uh...is Shominy still about?

It has just occurred to me, have not seen a posting from him in a few days. Maybe its me. Know he had that hiking accident. Is the brother OK?
  24. Bill Ashton

Kicked out of PT "nest" today (hip replacement)

Well...today was last day of PT for me following hip replacement last March...second to last guy done 3/16 before hospital shut down all surgeries. Had "anterior approach," so was up and walking pretty quickly, but just not progressing like I thought I should...then...gulp...fell off a step...
  25. Bill Ashton

Thoughts on new (er) Hyundai Santa Fe

I may have to think about turning in my 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring (i30 outside USA.) Friend bought a 2019 Santa Fe, trading in a turbo Tuscon...pretty much dedicated to Hyundai dealer very local, always been good to us .. Recent hip surgery makes getting in and out of Elantra...which I...
Back
Top Bottom