Search results

1. M

Dynaco PAS4

Have you ever hear the 75 Silvers? They seem to very highly regarded in many places. Exactly what E88CC tubes would you suggest?
  2. M

Dynaco PAS4

I would love to try those Russian tubes but they have become VERY expensive!
  3. M

Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

Nice job! Looking forward to starting mine soon.
  4. M

Forgot to mention, each rack will have only 1 shelf. I'll need to make 4 of these, so I'm wondering if certain sheets of ply would be for sides and backs only? Just trying to have as little waste as possible.
  5. M

Now that I've printed out the plan and thought about this a bit I guess all I really need to do is cut everything as normal but just reduce the back and sides down to 24"...just seems there may be a better way to avoid too much waste?
  6. M

I'm planning to build something similar but it has to be at 24" max height(top of album must not exceed 24" from the floor) since it will be stored underneath a shuffleboard table. The table is 16' long so I plan to build several and just roll them out to grab a record. I'm sure I can modify the...
  7. M

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Yep, I can vouch for 40kHz...no experience with others though.
  8. M

Favorite Bourbon

Interesting thread and some good ones named. If you've never done it, you owe it to yourself to drink your favorite in a Glencairn Whisky Glass. I was surprised on how a glass could make such a difference.
  9. M

Hello from Lancaster, or Philly, or - elsewhere in PA...any interest???

We are near Williamsport. There use to be a guy in State College. He repaired my Denon DP1200 tt and has worked fine since then(3+yrs ago). I probably have the receipt somewhere if anybody could use it.
  10. M

What does everyone own for tube gear!

The only piece I have thus far is a Dynaco PAS4 preamp. Replaced the caps and at this price point not sure I could do any better.
  11. M

I have found that if you have the time let it dissolve in water preferably overnight. If I'm less patient I have had success dissolving in alch(I use 99% if that makes any difference). Previously it has been stated that it did not mix well with the alch,not sure why but it works for me.
  12. M

While I agree that a general cleaning with a non abrasive brush and some sort of cleaning fluid as described can be of benefit, taking the next step as described in this thread with as described fluids and ultrasonic equipment has taken my records to another level. I thought my records were...
  13. M

Try dissolving in some alcohol 1st...pref. 99% alch.
  14. M

Yep, that's basically what mine look like coming out of the US unit.
  15. M

Hello from Lancaster, or Philly, or - elsewhere in PA...any interest???

I know this thread is a bit dated but.....where abouts is John located these days? I'm also 1.5 hours north of the 'burg and could use a good repair guy from time to time.
  16. M

Dynaco PAS4

I have used Deoxit on the pins but how would you clean the sockets?
  17. M

Dynaco PAS4

It's been a while since I've commented any further on the Pas4. Recently I replaced all the tubes as something just wasn't right. Phono stage was a bit noisy and I just couldn't put my finger on why the line stage seemed "off". Replaced the Russian made Tung Sols with vintage Raytheon black...
  18. M

New Scrooge Movie!

Looking forward to this.
  19. M

I'll give it a try at very low level in my next US cleaning mixture which will be very soon. I should play an album before cleaning, then in a mixture w/o the quat and then again with it. I just can't bring myself to let my fairly new needle run the groove of an old uncleaned album.
  20. M

I have a bag of polyquaternium-10. Useful for anti stat on lp's?
  21. M

Dynaco PAS4

I have about $600 into mine at this point and feel it's been money well spent. Recently picked up some Telefunken and Bugle Boy tubes to roll. First I want to put some more hours into the new caps/filters. Initially I think there is more clarity and a better soundstage, hoping for improvements...
  22. M

Dynaco PAS4

Just back from the shop.
  23. M

What is your favorite recording that was issued in 2015?

One of the best recorded storyteller type albums in many moons! River Towns is a song that when over I want to hit repeat.
  24. M

Dynaco PAS4

Tom, I'll be testing that sterile comment soon. Just ordered some BB 6DJ8's. I have been suggested to try some 5751's in the PAS4.
  25. M

Dynaco PAS4

If I ever sell it I'll keep you in mind! Dropped it off with the tech today, he was looking forward to working on it.
Back
Top Bottom