Search results

1. muscmp

Dynaco PAS 2 selenium rectifier replacement

you are the one! thank you that is exactly what i was looking for!
  2. muscmp

great! thanks. too bad i can't find one with the selenium in place so i could compare the two. particularly odd is having a tube and diode rectifiers. thanks again, mikeB
  3. muscmp

thanks peterh but again i'm just looking for the proper wiring in of the diodes and caps as i've never dealt with a selenium previously. cap can already replaced. thanks, mikeB
  4. muscmp

unit hasn't been operated in many years. i've already done some replacements but wanted to replace those caps, and if i replace them i'll replace the possibly stinky selenium at the same time. i'm just looking for the correct wiring to replacing those caps and the selenium. once that is...
  5. muscmp

will do. thanks, how would i rewire it? i'm not sure about the wiring change to the diodes. thanks, mikeb
  6. muscmp

well this is a dynaco pas 2 preamp. odd that i can edit the tags but not the title. sorry about the confusion! i'm sure this has been covered before but the search is not presently working. i have a pas2 preamp with a selenium rectifier. i've not worked with this rectifier previously. how...
  7. muscmp

motorboating in mono and stereo phono circuit

great! thanks,
  8. muscmp

garrard tt in fisher console won't stop

great info. thanks,
  9. muscmp

i pulled the turntable and have downloaded the operation and service manuals. the reject aspect doesn't work. otherwise, everything else seems to work ok. i have some sewing machine oil but no light grease. recommendations for what to use for cleaning and lubing? pic enclosed.
  10. muscmp

finally pulled the turntable. i've downloaded the rc210's operation and service manuals. prior to starting, what is recommended to clean and lube the moving parts? i have the sewing machine oil but no light grease. should i clean and lube the parts working properly or leave well enough...
  11. muscmp

thanks, here's a better pic of the console.
  12. muscmp

i've already buttoned it up but i'll keep that in mind if i decide to replace the second bulb. thanks, larry
  13. muscmp

i had success with the one bulb and even added some white out to it. the other one is dead and i'll have to figure out what to do about that. i've read where a fuse lamp may work but for now i'm pretty happy with the results and wish to thank larryderouin and notdigital. now to pull the...
  14. muscmp

also, there was white paint on the bulbs to reflect the heat that has flaked off. might try some white out if i don't have any white paint. thanks,
  15. muscmp

thanks larryderouin and notdigital!!!
  16. muscmp

finally getting back to the fisher. pulled the top piece and pulled the bulbs. one is blackened and has no continuity. other one is ok and did work but was intermittent probably due to the metal cap being loose. both have their metal top caps come off. looks like a dollop of solder on top...
  17. muscmp

great! thanks kent and gadget!!
  18. muscmp

it was the power supply. thanks for that! voltage on one side was 182 instead of 160. in parallel i put a 22 in place of the 20 and it stopped the motorboating right away. so today i replaced the caps and it works fine. problem with the dial lights now not working and i hate to take the...
  19. muscmp

i see no model number on it so i can't identify other than the picture. console is 61 fisher. thanks,
  20. muscmp

it works otherwise. i'm just trying to bring it up to speed so that eventually when i sell it will be a working model. i've already looked at the amp and i'm presently working on the preamp. i'll pull it and see what's up. thanks,
  21. muscmp

unknown model number. nothing on the unit indicating such. thanks,
  22. muscmp

but it does reject, just won't turn off. any recommendations? thanks,
  23. muscmp

finally got the top piece of of my fisher console and have taken the preamp out, but having trouble isolating the motorboating. i get a bouncing around, oscillating, of voltages instead of stable voltages. i suspect the pc networks but am not positive. if it is, how can i find the cap and...
  24. muscmp

how to get this top piece out to service preamp?

3 screws holding the cleat to the cabinet. preamp is out. thanks for your recommendations!!!
Back
Top Bottom