Search results

1. marantzfan

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Dec 18, 2006
  2. marantzfan

Happy Birthday marantzfan!

Just now seeing this thread. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes everyone!
  3. marantzfan

700M/700C

@rBuckner restored my 700T a little while back. I don’t think he’ll be doing another one again. ;)
  4. marantzfan

700M/700C

More or less. The 700’s are all intact still, but they reside currently at my parents house. The KD-750 is still with me and despite many challengers is still my favorite table.
  5. marantzfan

700M/700C

Glad I got mine when I did.
  6. marantzfan

A 2270 redemption thread

If anyone is up for the task it’s you Randy. The 2230 that you rebuilt for me is a daily driver in my office setup and I love it. I hope you are doing well!
  7. marantzfan

NEW - McIntosh MC1502

All of this. Mac missed an opportunity at creating an instant classic had they just kept with the styling of the MC275 instead of this new Chi-Fi styling they’ve been chasing as of late...
  8. marantzfan

Hurricane / Covid project Eico HF-89

Nice. I’d love to stumble across one some day.
  9. marantzfan

Restoring A Scott 340B Receiver

Working my way through mine now. The electrical portion of the program is completed, now moving on to the aesthetics. The black area behind the dial on mine doesn’t have the velvet material glued to it. In fact, it looks like some yahoo tried to touch up some scratches or whatnot with black...
  10. marantzfan

HH Scott 340B parts list/rehab

I’m glad to hear this one is finally coming to fruition. Not judging at all, lord knows I have projects that have sat way to long too. I’ve been working on my 340b and have nearly got it finished as well. Hopefully I’ll be joining you soon for that first listen...
  11. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

So...completed the recap. Everything looks as it should but I’ve got no sound out of the right channel. I’ve got an app on my phone so I can send a test tone then check with my meter for variances along the signal path for voltage differences to see where it’s getting lost. Has anyone traced...
  12. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

It’s been a while. Dig this one out of mothballs and got a some more work done. Replaced the Ceracaps and nearly all the electrolytics underneath. Ordered in the last 25uf/50v that I somehow missed on the original order. Question. What’s the best way to clean and touch up the paint on...
  13. marantzfan

JBL 4333a Restoration

Can’t wait to see these all buttoned up. Great job so far!
  14. marantzfan

Happy Birthday rBuckner!

Happy Birthday Randy!
  15. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

So, it doesn't appear as though anything was disconnected, just that these two caps and resistor were added on. Why the resistor? I don't get that.
  16. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

So, about those multi section caps...I’m kinda of playing catch up with this thread. I ordered in all new can caps from Hayseed Hamfest and have already replaced them all (the red insulation material on the bottom are the replacements, versus the original which were brown). :)
  17. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

Most everything under the hood looks stock... then there’s this...?
  18. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

I always wanted a 7591 based Scott and unlike the vast majority, really like the styling of this receiver. I saw one pop up on eBay a while back at a very affordable price and I bought it. Photos and description were a little (ok, a lot) misleading as to the condition, but it will clean up...
  19. marantzfan

It's All About The 1060 Et Al

I would agree with that. I’ve got my champagne 2230 driving some Altec 890B Boleros and it’s a very nice pairing. Thanks again to @rBuckner for such a quality rebuild.
  20. marantzfan

The Worst La Scalas You've Ever Seen, a Restoration.

I gotta see this.
  21. marantzfan

Those will indeed fit; even with a little room for a spacer/tape/etc. Many thanks!
  22. marantzfan

You know... if I can’t find the original clips... I wonder if I could just use small binder clips. Just remove the handle/bar portion.
  23. marantzfan

Many thanks gentlemen!
  24. marantzfan

Anyone? I’ve looked high and low and can’t find a picture of this part.
  25. marantzfan

I did see the screw holes. Believe it or not, I could not find a photo anywhere online of how that assembly looks around the clip area. Maybe someone out there has one in partial disassembly could share a picture. ;)
Back
Top Bottom