Search results

1. R

Pioneer PL-L1000 Linear TT anyone know about this one?

Thanks for the two sites. I will check both out. I was going to take measurements off the existing cartridge for future reference. Darn thing isnt even mounted straight. Is off at an angle. Wonder how the previous owner was able to enjoy his music? I re-aligned the cartridge the took some...
  2. R

John and Balifly You both have made some good suggestions. No actually excellent suggestions. As was mentioned as long as the previous owner had the cartidge setup correctly, I could use the same measurements he has. I looked at the cartridge and it is the same as what came with the table new...
  3. R

Pl-l1000 The manual states the table has to be perfectly level. So I am going to go shopping for a circular level. Well let you know how it goes. Will post a couple pics of my new toy. I tried but nothing shows up. Hmmm... well maybe I wont post the pics just yet. Robin
  4. R

"That's how I set up my LT-20, as I don't have an overhang gauge for it. Nothing else would make sense from a mathematical/geometric perspective. At any other point other than directly across from the exact center of the spindle, the stylus would be encountering the curve of the record. The only...
  5. R

Pl-L1000 Do you have the overhang measuring tool that comes with the turntable ? __________________ No. Was on the Vinyl engine site, picked up the service and owners manual. When reading the manual I saw that a overhang tool came with this table. Was checking around this morning for one...
  6. R

Pl-l1000 Hhey great suggestion! I completly forgot about that site. Did a check and they had both the owners manual and service manual for the TT. Pretty much answers my questions too! Except for one. I would appreciate hearing how others that have this table like and dislike it. What are...
  7. R

I bought 4 TT's a Pioneer amp a Kenwood recv. and other odds and ends from a friend the other day. Two of the TT's look to be in great shape. Pioneer PL-50 and a Pioneer PL-L1000. The PL-L1000 is a lenear tracking table withe heaviest base I have ever seen.. First one I have owned so really know...
  8. R

What are the top vintage Pioneer turntables?

Just bought two TT's today. Pioneer PL-50 and a Pioneer PL-L1000. Never seen a TT built like the L1000. WOW! Even without listening to it, My vote goes for the Pl-L1000.
  9. R

What TT's do you folks have

My list grew by a couple TT today. Newest additions are; Pioneer Pl-L1000 Pioneer PL-50 Existing TT's Technics SL-QD2 Kenwood KD-2070 Sony PS-FL1 JVC QL-F4
  10. R

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

A friend of mine brought his old Sony RtR ( I forget the model) to me to repair. Just needed a lube job and cleaning is all. Works great now. Last week he showed up with a present for me. Gave me a "portable" Teac A-1500. Never seen a full size RtR in what looks like a suitcase. Is in pretty...
  11. R

This never happens to me...Pioneer SX-980

Sx-980 Wow! Really good price. Being in the right place at the right time!
  12. R

how you know your system is getting there..

I may have arrived but i'm not there yet.. I read what you guys said and agree all the way. Even the part that we still tinker because we arent satisfied with our system. So very right we arent satisfied. We love what we have and are proud of what we put together and we know it sure sounds...
  13. R

My 2nd tape deck..

Hello, I repaired a friends Sony Reel to Reel a while back. For payment he gave me a Teac A-1500. SWEET DEAL! The Teac is missing the tape head cover but is in good condition overall. The case its in reminds me of the old Samsonite commercials as it feels and looks indestructable. Havent tested...
  14. R

Technics SH-8020

Sh-8020 I have a Technics SH-8020 and a Pioneer SG-9800. 8020 IMO is an equal to the Pioneer. Sound and build quality is excellent. Unit cost over $300 when new so for the $20 you have a hell of a deal. If you get it and decide you dont like it let me know I will be more than happy to buy it...
  15. R

Wondering if you located a manual for the Sony PS=FL1 turntable? Have been looking for one...

Wondering if you located a manual for the Sony PS=FL1 turntable? Have been looking for one myself. Could you let me know if you find the manual and where so I might get a copy? Thanks, RobinSoCal RobinSoCal@aol.com
  16. R

SX-850 Tuner Issue (Long post)

Can anyone guide me in the right direction to fix a problem with my SX-850. The protection relay will activate when the volume is set close to or above mid level. The relay will reset a few moments after I reduce the volume. I thought at first the speakers were at fault but this happens with...
  17. R

How Many Receivers Do you own?

Okay, a list you want then a list you get. This what I have, but the Marantz 2216 and two of the Pioneer SX-980's are not working...yet. AKAI-1125 AUDIOVOX DVD31AAST HITACHI SR-1900 JVC RX-403 KENWOOD KR-6030 KENWOOD VR-405 MARANTZ 2216 NIKKO NR-300 PIONEER SX-6000 PIONEER SX-828...
  18. R

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Pioneer Equipment on hand Yeah I know I am a few years late in doing this, BUT its for the good of the forum ya see! Anyway, here is my list of Pioneer equipment. Some of which though is waiting to be repaired. SX-980 Receiver (have 3 one restored) SX-850 Receiver SX-828 Receiver...
  19. R

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Yeah I know I am a few years late in doing this, BUT its for the good of the forum ya see! Anyway, here is my list of Pioneer equipment. Some of which though is waiting to be repaired. SX-980 Receiver (have 3 one restored) SX-850 Receiver SX-828 Receiver SX-6000 Receiver RG-2 sound...
Back
Top Bottom