Search results

1. dfunghi

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

I always do a search first but nothing showed up.
  2. dfunghi

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

Another well known figure from 70’s R&R has passed on Dickey Betts was brave enough and talented enough to stand alongside one of guitar’s greatest. He also wrote some of the most memorable material and helped carry the ABB after Duane’ death. That is some great band being put together in the...
  3. dfunghi

Ultrasonic Cleaner? "get off the fence"

As previously noted the spindle from BT @ETLS stands upright by placing it in a tall cylinder resting puck on rim. Then I easily remove LPs straight off.
  4. dfunghi

I have been using these for many years. No affiliation. https://www.squaredealonline.com/a.asp?m=7.87.M.#1%231
  5. dfunghi

I do 7 and the timing is such that I can just finish secondary wash, rinse and vac dry on all 7 in just about the 15 minute run time of the US for next batch. I try to do 21 per session.
  6. dfunghi

√˜˜ Last name, First letter for next famous person

Ken Watanabe
  7. dfunghi

Movie-Actor-Movie-Actor-

Louise Lasser (Mrs Woody Allen)
  8. dfunghi

Movie-Actor-Movie-Actor-

Woody Allen
  9. dfunghi

Movie-Actor-Movie-Actor-

Little Big Man (it’s a good day to die)
  10. dfunghi

For the ones old enough: did in the '50's and early '60's where optimistic?

We also had rivers that caught fire, toxins willfully sprayed on and near ourselves and the birth of consumerism on steroids. The US Dept of Agriculture promoted poor dietary habits in order to support business. Big corporations began to become multinational with huge tentacles.
  11. dfunghi

Who always have their phone...

Whenever I leave the house I at least have it in the car with me, not always on me if running errands. Mostly for my wife to reach me. When traveling in foreign countries we both always have our phones on and with us. We once got separated in Barcelona in a huge indoor market, after checking...
  12. dfunghi

/|\ A~Z... Let's fill a bottomless junk drawer

Drinking cup (collapsible, plastic and no cover)
  13. dfunghi

A-Z Things Found In _________

Valley Express (many places have a VE train)
  14. dfunghi

Guess who found a JBL PARAGON at Goodwill!

Seems to me this could also make a great base for HT.
  15. dfunghi

My modest, mostly 70's era 'vintage' stereo system

Just curious if the monitor so close to your TT doesn’t cause issues at higher volume due to the bass?
  16. dfunghi

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

I remember when Twisted Sister was a local LI Cover band, not even one of the better ones,
  17. dfunghi

Best turntable mats.

I have Herbies, Gem and a deerskin. Interchangeable but never really noticed a difference. However the Gem was a big improvement over stock rubber on Pioneer.
  18. dfunghi

Hoy Fong Rooster Sauce no longer tastes like the original

I remember when UR only grew and sold salad mixes and herbs from a single 6’ folding table at the farmer’s markets in so cal. 1992 or so.
  19. dfunghi

Do you have two turntables set up for different reasons?

Have multiple TT. In main set up I have a fully auto (although auto return only real need) for most playing. That is a PL630 with a Shure V15 type V retipped by needlesteen. The other is an AR The Turntable fully modded with upgraded arm by @sfrost running various MC carts through @Redboy SUT...
  20. dfunghi

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I miss having a stick. Three of my four favorite cars I ever owned had them. My Saab 9.5 Wagon came with a stick only outside US the dealer told me. The other three: E24 M6 1988 E34 M5 1991 (stage III Dinan tuned w/ Dinan mag wheels and a short shifter) Toyota Pickup, deluxe cab, 1993 22R...
  21. dfunghi

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

They already exist. As long as you don’t mind recharging every couple miles.;)
  22. dfunghi

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

Which will likely happen quickly. Lots of large chunks of debris should be easy to move and remove. And now, no bridge to get under, sadly.
  23. dfunghi

Got my Richard Thompson Box Set...

For me my go to is usually When The Spell…… more so for the lyrics than the guitar. https://genius.com/Richard-thompson-when-the-spell-is-broken-lyrics For guitar there are just way, way, way too many choices for me to choose one.
  24. dfunghi

Got my Richard Thompson Box Set...

Let me also add the louder you play it the better it gets. I would guess the highest volume I reach here is RT, and maybe The Pretenders.
Back
Top Bottom