Search results

1. jhoofard

Best way to set up a new (to me) 2505/c32 system to add powering outdoor speakers?

Thanks for all the great info. Ill try the monitor amp on the C32 and then my back up with be using the SCR-2. Cheers!
  2. jhoofard

Best way to set up a new (to me) 2505/c32 system to add powering outdoor speakers?

Thanks for the info. I have the speakers installed up i the eaves of my house so i can't find the model number. Another idea i had was the possibility of setting up the C32 with the McIntosh SCR2. I am been googling around and i can't really find much info on what exactly is does but it does...
  3. jhoofard

Hi, Just switched from a Marantz 2270 setup that i was using the remote speaker output that powered my outdoor speaker to a MC2505/C32/ Klipsch Cornwall/Thorens TD160 setup. I use a Sonos connect for streaming that feeds optically into a Music Hall CD/DAC combo that then goes analog into the...
  4. jhoofard

Help identifying a cart?

Thanks guys- probably steer clear of it....
  5. jhoofard

Help identifying a cart?

any idea on the model? Someone is selling it locally and not sure if it is a nice one or a piece of $#@$ !
  6. jhoofard

Help identifying a cart?

any guesses as to what it is?
  7. jhoofard

Thorens TD 160 upgrade path

I have a dl-110 on both my 160MK1 as well as my Technics sl-1200. I really like the sound and that $180 deal on ebay is the bomb. I combined it with a 15% off coupon they ran a few weeks ago and got it shipped to my house from Hong Kong in less than 2 weeks for less that $160. The only downside...
  8. jhoofard

Need some help identifying a (possibly) Audio Technica cartridge?

Thanks! you guys are a fountain of knowledge! Sounds like i might now be researching for a new cart for this table....
  9. jhoofard

Need some help identifying a (possibly) Audio Technica cartridge?

heya, Picked up an Thorens TD-166 for cheap and i am trying to identify what cartridge is on it. I can't find any numbers on the the cartridge itself but the stylus (which needs to get replaced) does have the AT logo on it. Any ideas on what it might be? Any ideas on whether it is a quality...
  10. jhoofard

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Ebay you can find them right now shipped from asia for $189 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-DL-110-High-Output-MC-Cartridge-Made-by-Denon-100-Brand-New-from-Japan/282865990104?epid=1000435595&hash=item41dc2079d8:g:O~QAAOSwoPpaVebK
  11. jhoofard

Ortofone OM info/opinions and possibly a replacement stylus?

Hey gang, I recently got a Technics SL-2010M3D which I have been running an Ortofone OM along with a nightclub stylus. It seems like the stylus might be shot so I had some questions: Anyone know anything about this cartridge? Google didn't really help me. Is it a good match for the Technics...
  12. jhoofard

KAB got back to my over the weekend and i was able to get it all up and going. Thanks KAB for the great service! FYI the info i got for posterities sake is that for the MK2 it is 3M X16mm . For the M3d,MK5 and M5G it is a phillips head drilling screws for metal, Zinc Plated steel, number 6 1/2...
  13. jhoofard

I actually only needed the hinge cap that the self tapping screws attach onto the table. Anyone have any idea on the size?
  14. jhoofard

I feel stupid for asking but i ordered from KAB the hinge for my sl-1210M3D and i expected the screws to be included but they are not. Anyone know what the screw size is? I called them up but they were closed by the time i called....
  15. jhoofard

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL?

Wow! nice looking collection. Gotta show those photos to my wife to show her when she complains how many records i have ! I have the same racks just a lot less of them!
  16. jhoofard

Wow- that looks pretty damn nice for that price. Different hinges huh? So you just use the stock Techincs ones and they line up or do you use the hinges made for the Stanton? Thanks for the info! Jeff
  17. jhoofard

Anyone have a line on dust covers that would fit on an 1210m3d? Looking around the web besides an occasional used one popping up on the Bay i am at a loss. I understand that they are not needed and most don't use theirs , but for some reason i like having one. That and we just got 2 new kittens...
  18. jhoofard

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL?

I agree- I have 3 different sized shelves all in the series and they work great.....
  19. jhoofard

ChangesOneBowie $11.76 Vinyl

Amazon has it up for $21 now but Wallmart till has it at that price...
  20. jhoofard

New (to me at least) Technics SL-1210M3d score!

Thanks for all the feedback/suggestions. Yes I know about the history of the precious owners DJing while in college. I kind of got the impression he was a bit of a rich boy that got a couple of turntables and a mixer in order to play parties but lost interest quickly. The table is pretty...
  21. jhoofard

New (to me at least) Technics SL-1210M3d score!

Hey gang, Had a chance to score a SL-1210M3D which for me is my first dive into DD and somewhat modern turntables as I have just had Dual's and my main table is a Thorens TD-160 Mk1. I admittedly know little about these tables so was looking for some help. Obviously it is missing a cart and...
  22. jhoofard

Oddly evasive albums

Digable Planets "Reachin (A New Refutation of Time and Space) Lou Reed "Ecstasy" and "set the Twilight Reeling" The The "Dusk" Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks "Pig Lib" Mark Hollis - Self Titled Springsteen's "Devils and Dust" Cake "Fashion Nugget" David Gilmour "Live in Gdansk" I've never seen any...
  23. jhoofard

Trade a Mint Marantz 2230 for Infinity 2000 II speakers?

Thanks for all your input!
  24. jhoofard

That is all what i was thinking to be honest. I am located in Portland Oregon and the speakers are about 40 miles away in Salem. I mgith see if he will pony up some cash to make the trade match up. My wife would kill me if i spent any more on so i thought a trade would be the way to go! I...
  25. jhoofard

Locally someone is trying to sell some Infinity 2000 II speakers for $280. I offered a Marantz 1030 with a wood box for trade but he wanted a bit more power. I have a really mint 2230 with a wood box that i value more than 280 as i bought it from the original owner and have the original...
Back
Top Bottom