Search results

1. IMF_Pioneer

IMF owners thread!

I wouldn't be paying that sort of money for a pair of Mk I's. I feel around the 1K mark is about where they are at. Yes I'm in Australia and have a pair of TLS-80 Mk II's and RSPM Mk IV so I'm up with Aussie pricing. Anyway I'd say you bought them in the end ?
  2. IMF_Pioneer

IMF owners thread!

Pretty hard to find those as they were produced in very limited numbers towards the back end of IMF production. There are two variants of the "Improved" one with Celestion top end and the next variant with full Elac contingent of drivers.
  3. IMF_Pioneer

Whereabouts of Doc ?

I have a gut feeling he's no longer in Australia from a few things I read some time back now.
  4. IMF_Pioneer

Whereabouts of Doc ?

Does anyone know the where abouts of Doc (Dr Strangelove). I heard he ventured to Australia at some stage but we lost track of him
  5. IMF_Pioneer

Pioneer Dates of Manufacture

Sadly Rick has passed away now. Still trying to locate Dave Swaffer who was the driving force behind all the various issues of this publication.
  6. IMF_Pioneer

Black Face Pioneer SX-770 ? ...

OMG, how old is this thread ???
  7. IMF_Pioneer

Identify vintage Pioneer speakers

Sorry but they are simply junkers from Pioneers Supermarket sound range.
  8. IMF_Pioneer

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

For many of us it's not about the DAC at all. That is the best part of this unit. The problem is about sliding discs in and out of a magazine. Those of us that treasure our CD's will never slide them into a cartridge magazine. The rest of the player is superb. It's just all about the Magazine...
  9. IMF_Pioneer

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

That's a CT-F1250 price tag.
  10. IMF_Pioneer

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Being that these were made for the Japanese Market only they would be considered quite rare outside of Japan and especially being 100vac makes them not that desirable as you'd have to use a step down transformer that would be humming in the back ground. These are basically a slimline version of...
  11. IMF_Pioneer

IMF ALS40 - repair or replace?

He'll have those til the end of time at that stupid figure, it's just pure Greed !
  12. IMF_Pioneer

Pioneer 707 Black

Black front panels were available on eBay a few years ago. I don't think Pioneer ever did black panels for the Reel to Reels, only the SX-5580 series to send to Europe were done in very limited numbers.
  13. IMF_Pioneer

Sx-1050 or SX-1250?

1050's are pretty much the same animal apart from a bit more power up your sleeve which you'll probably never use. The 1250 and 1980's are simply status symbols in my opinion and you'll find a 1050 will suffice in every facet. I know mine has.
  14. IMF_Pioneer

Need help finding information about a Pioneer SPL-100 Turntable

BTW, most Pioneer Turntables have the prefix of "PL" as part of their model number, if you notice a few low end units were prefixed with "SPL" which meant that the "S" denoted it as part of a "System". My post above this one says that the speakers were SC-11 when in fact they are SCS-11 which...
  15. IMF_Pioneer

Need help finding information about a Pioneer SPL-100 Turntable

The SPL-100 was never part of the Rondo system that was the SPL-110, rather it was part of the "Prelude 500" system here in Australia. I have all the original books for the whole system which included the SA-500A amplifier and the SC-11 Speaker set.
  16. IMF_Pioneer

The site still logs me out every time I close it down ???

Hello All, I've changed the link to https from http and it now retains my login. Thank you to all who have helped out here.
  17. IMF_Pioneer

The site still logs me out every time I close it down ???

Well a totally new update applied to the site and still it tosses me out whenever I close the page down. I then have to log back in even though I've ticked the "stay logged in" box. No idea as to why this is still happening ???
  18. IMF_Pioneer

Why am I logged out everytime

Thanks for that, glad it's not just me and my PC. Hopefully a fix will be done soon by the site owners.
  19. IMF_Pioneer

Why am I logged out everytime

Hi all ! For some strange reason every time I open up this site I have been logged out even though I have ticked the "Stay logged In" option and have to re-log in. This issue is only happening with this site and all other sites I'm on stay logged in, Any Ideas ??
  20. IMF_Pioneer

How much of an upgrade is the IMF RSPM MK IV over the Professional Monitor MKIII Improved?

So you think the PM Mk III has a larger cabinet than the RSPM Mk IV ??, how do you work that out ? do you think it's got to do with the crossover panel ? Also the Mk IV's have the much better B139 bass driver compared to the lower power capability older racetrack unit. The current one Jerry is...
  21. IMF_Pioneer

How much of an upgrade is the IMF RSPM MK IV over the Professional Monitor MKIII Improved?

Yes they most certainly do, the TLS-80's are smaller overall.
  22. IMF_Pioneer

Yes that's a real early one indeed with them using the Peerless drivers.
  23. IMF_Pioneer

Peerless or Audax ? Some good photos would most definitely be of help here, but I would repair /replace the rubber surrounds.
  24. IMF_Pioneer

Comparing three Pioneer TTs, Pl-530, Pl-550, Pl-570

who still calls them Needles ??? that's what 78 Gramophones used isn't it ?
  25. IMF_Pioneer

What Table is Jimi Using?

RMG-212 or similar, definitely not an SPU
Back
Top Bottom