Search results

1. T

Epi 100v

Hiw Powell, at Human Speakers, sells a nice little kit that handles the capacitor upgrade without the need for soldering, and also upgrades the connectors. I'm inclined to use it.
  2. T

Identify the Speaker?

Thanks, everyone. Using the "Electrophonic" name as a search criterion, several threads canbe found here on AK for these speakers. Poor quality speakers. No surprise, that. Mystery soved.
  3. T

Identify the Speaker?

They were offerfed on an eBay "buy it now" sale for $1111.00, but did not sell. I guess the value of pop art speaker design is discreet.
  4. T

Epi 100v

Indeed, great discussion. Thank you, ivandezande, and all other contributors.
  5. T

JBL Lancer 77

Being a vintage hi-fi newbie, I have to ask questions like this. I am being offered a pair of Lancer 77s with "stiff surrounds," but otherwise good condition (i.e. not poor, fair, vg, vg+, etc.) for $125. If I buy them, I would do so with the idea of refoaming (yes, I've read about the problems...
  6. T

JBL Lancer 77

Thank you. I hadn't seen that thread.
  7. T

Pioneer SX-203 Receiver/amplifier

BPC = Big Piece of Crap?
  8. T

JBL Lancer 77

Being a vintage hi-fi newbie, I have to ask questions like this. I am being offered a pair of Lancer 77s with "stiff surrounds," but otherwise good condition (i.e. not poor, fair, vg, vg+, etc.) for $125. If I buy them, I would do so with the idea of refoaming (yes, I've read about the problems...
  9. T

Epi 100v

Thank you, hnash53, satellite65, jpciii, and ra.ra. I'll take all your advice into consideration. For clarification, dust caps are one thing, but when the discussion turns to "bypass caps," and "mf" values, we're talking about capacitors, correct? And capacitor swapping requires soldering...
  10. T

Identify the Speaker?

A little more research has turned this up as a possible identity. "Garrard Air Suspension Speakers Model # XPP15" Clarification?
  11. T

Identify the Speaker?

Any idea what these are? I'd never seen them, before today. There are a couple pairs for sale on eBay.
  12. T

Epi 100v

Although my quetions have been discussed previously in this thread, the most recent message here is over three years old. It seems like a good idea to see if anything has changed. I just bought a pair of 100-Vs. I paid $36. Electronically, they seem fine. The surrounds need to be replaced. I...
Back
Top Bottom