Search results

1. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

Thanks for the advice group. I was able to move the SUT and actually ran the ground from the turntable to the phono pre amp and eliminated the hum. So far the Denon AU340 has been very impressive, really happy with it.
  2. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

I might need to start a new thread but thought I try here first. I picked dup a AU340 and hooked it up. I think I connected it properly? (tonearm>AU-340 input>phono pre input>amp). I'm getting loud humming from the SUT. Any advice? Im hoping the SUT I purchased isn't the issue.
  3. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

Just ordered a Denon AU340 from Japan. I'll post here when I get it and have it set up to share my impressions. I appreciate everyones input and I know these things are kind of subjective; what sounds good to one ear may not sound great to another. Given how happy I am now with the DL 103...
  4. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

This looks like great option
  5. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

Hoping you are still on this message board. As it turned out I did get the Denon DL 103 and I absolutely love it! As mentioned it works perfectly with the PUA-7. The improvement in sound is far beyond what I had expected. The only issue is that I am using a first gen Schiit Mani phono preamp. It...
  6. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

I'm sure you are right. I have heard carts on different systems sound worlds different. I have definitely heard Ortofons on other systems sound fantastic, just not on mine ;(
  7. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

I had heard that before when I was looking for a new cartridge a few years ago. The local stereo store had instead recommended the Ortofon 2M red; I was just totally disappointed. No more Ortofon for me. With the PUA-7 arm swapping head-shells is pretty darn easy so I am still hoping to have an...
  8. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

Thanks for the feedback group, much appreciated. If the JN-P200 can provide a bit more detail I'll be golden. Easy upgrade and yes I really do like the Nagaoka MP110, best value cartridge I've ever heard.
  9. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

Thanks. I'm going to try that.
  10. Nucities

Help Me Pick a Cartridge

Sony PS-X60 Turntable (with original toner and head shell) Schitit Mani Phono Preamp Sony TA-A1ES Amp KEF 103.2 Speakers My everyday cartridge is the Nagaoka MP 110. I love it. Sounds amazing for the price and works well for the vast majority of my collection. Where it falls a bit flat to my...
  11. Nucities

Restoring Brass Badges

I’m restoring a couple Sony ps 2250s and was wondering if anyone had experience with polishing up the brass front badges. I don't want to remove the black paint on the letters/numbers but the metal is a bit discolored. It seems there a lacquer over it? Best way to remove that? Long shot but...
  12. Nucities

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Derek Higgins Derek 2 I believe its #31 of 300
  13. Nucities

Sony PS 2250 Tonearm Questions

Thanks!
  14. Nucities

So I am going to need to rewire at least one tonearm. What are the best wires to use and where can I get them? Parts express turned up bupkiss.
  15. Nucities

Mystery Teac Turntable

I know...I wish I had snapped a picture but I was there to buy a different table and was caught up in negotiating a good price....I have wish i would have just offered yo buy them both.
  16. Nucities

Mystery Teac Turntable

Yes! It looked a lot like that a bit different but very similar. The feet came to more of a bullet shape at the top but this is very close.
  17. Nucities

Mystery Teac Turntable

I’m not familiar with that term (skeletal) but it describes it well. It definitely had the Teac badge on it. He and I discussed it being an old Teac table and he had a Teac reel to reel of presumably similar vintage.
  18. Nucities

Mystery Teac Turntable

The shock mounts are exactly why it was so unusual. It looks nothing like the TB-400. Honesty it looked a little bit like the Schiit Sol but with three feet instead of four
  19. Nucities

Mystery Teac Turntable

Cmon somebody on here has to know
  20. Nucities

Mystery Teac Turntable

I was looking at Sony turntable for sale locally from an older guy who had several great vintage pieces. While there he showed me his vintage Teac turntable which looked pretty amazing. I’ve never seen this model before. It was all metal (no wood) and the design reminded me a lot of a few more...
  21. Nucities

Well I already have it mostly apart and see no multi voltage switch. I’ll have the other one next week and will look at that one as well.
  22. Nucities

Will do
  23. Nucities

This is the turntable that came attached to the PUA-114 that I was looking for. So I guess I’m restoring two of them now. This one is more a question of neglect. The plater and motor appear to hold speed, spins forever. The tone arm is complete! The lifter needs to have the hydraulic fluid...
  24. Nucities

So ...this is the only place I’d feel safe admitting this. In my search for tone arm parts I found another ps 2250.....so ya the price was right, I bought two of them in 36 hours. Ill post pictures soon
  25. Nucities

I also need a headshell....any recommendations? How is the stock headshell? Thoughts?
Back
Top Bottom