Search results

1. gtxtom

International move

Hey guys I'm going to be moving to Japan in 2 weeks time. I currently have just under 400 records. I have them in 8 of these crates with the records out of the covers and each record/cover in its own plastic sleeve. I have cardboard on all sides of the insides of the crates, but I'm unsure if...
  2. gtxtom

Integra DHC-80.3 won't turn on

Haha thanks. It's weird. I had it plugged in almost all day yesterday and at one point it turned on and stayed on for about an hour or so. I had to walk my dog, so I turned it off and when I came back, it fired right up. I left it on for another hour or so. This morning, it's back to its usual...
  3. gtxtom

Integra DHC-80.3 won't turn on

So I was recently given an Integra DHC-80.3 home theater preamp that won't turn on. The relays on the power supply board will click on and off intermittently. It did power on for about 5 minutes last night before shutting down and reverting to random clicking. Does anyone have any idea on where...
  4. gtxtom

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Cool. I had no Idea Hepastat had EDTA. Thanks for the help
  5. gtxtom

The Amazon link says tetrasodium EDTA. Is this not the right stuff? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVWMFL1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_R5YXCbQ9ADAMD
  6. gtxtom

Everything is in liquid form except for the EDTA. I use what was on the spreadsheet, so: ISO Triton X-100 Hepastat EDTA The mixture sat for a few days and the chunks were still hard as a rock. Not sure what's going wrong
  7. gtxtom

So I've been trying to make the mixture that has been posted here multiple times and I keep getting hard clumps or chunks. Is there a proper order to adding the ingredients and is there anything I'm missing? I'm not sure if it's the EDTA (which I added last) or maybe I heard the Triton can be...
  8. gtxtom

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Dire Straits - S/T
  9. gtxtom

Should I tell the seller it was an easy fix?

I had a similar situation with a stock head unit for my wife's car. The screen on ours went dead and I had taken it apart to inspect. I couldn't figure that one out, so I bought a used OEM one on eBay for $300. That one arrived with a few buttons not working. I messaged the seller - it sounded...
  10. gtxtom

Topping DX3Pro

Hmm that sorta worries me. I have cats that specifically step on keyboards, remotes, etc lol in the living room. I wonder how that's gonna work. Mine will probably go through my preamp. Will that alleviate the situation?
  11. gtxtom

Topping DX3Pro

Sorry, I meant the wall wart. I have all my components plugged into a Panamax conditioner that's getting tight on space. I think I found a picture online of how big it is. Thanks for your info!
  12. gtxtom

How extra will my setup be?

I guess I have some experimentation coming my way in the near future! Thanks for the tips, guys.
  13. gtxtom

Topping DX3Pro

I ended up getting one through Massdrop anyway lol. I'll find some use for it one way or another!
  14. gtxtom

Yea I was just thinking that. The TV is actually sorta a "hub". I have a PS4, Nintendo Switch, and the PC going to the TV via HDMI. So I would still need the TV in the chain. But I still would want to remove the preamp as that's too much, correct? It's a Marantz 3250B preamp and 170DC amp. I'll...
  15. gtxtom

So, right now my living room system is as follows: PC - TV - pre - amp - speakers I'm currently using the TV's DAC via 3.5mm to RCA to my preamp. I've been doing that for about 5 years now and like the convenience of being able to use a remote for volume control. I'm looking at the Topping DX3...
  16. gtxtom

Topping DX3Pro

Any opinions on this now that you've had it for a little while, @Poultrygeist ? I see the drop is back up for 2 more days and I'm thinking about it ... Also, can you upload a pic of the plug? Would like some size info.
  17. gtxtom

Your furry K9 or Kitty listen with you?

The moment I enter the room there's at least one following me.
  18. gtxtom

Did you guys see LBPete's thread: "The Joy of a Japanese Screwdriver"

From what I've read, you can use a JIS screwdriver on a phillips screw, but not the other way around
  19. gtxtom

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Haha yea I'm keeping an eye on it! Thanks! Correct. Well for them and for some plants. Thanks! The table is just one I found off of Etsy after searching for hours for a live edge table. I had it shipped across the country (I think the seller is in Washington State). The shipping was as...
  20. gtxtom

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Here's my work in progress listening room off of the master bedroom. It's about 10ft by 11ft. I'm looking for a bench for under the windows, I have some artwork I need to hang on the walls, and I need more records!
  21. gtxtom

Fisher X-100B Recommendations and Advice

My first (and only up to this point) restore was on an X-101-B. I made a thread and got great tips and upgrade suggestions from Larry and Dave Gillespie. I bought new can caps from Hayseed Hamfest and the rest from mouser.com - again with help from Larry about type, etc. It turned out great. I...
  22. gtxtom

The cabin air filter scam

That's the flat rate system and it isn't all that great. For every 20 hour day I've had, I've probably had just as many 2 hour days - and that's being at work for 8-9 hours. The auto business doesn't just screw over the customers, it gets everyone.
  23. gtxtom

Rolls Royce Cullinan

Lamborghini began as a tractor company. Ferruccio Lamborghini bought a Ferrari and didn't like it. He complained to Enzo Ferrari and Ferrari apparently said something along the lines of "if you don't like it, go build your own car".
  24. gtxtom

Rolls Royce Cullinan

BTW, Ferrari are already (unfortunately) in the process of developing an SUV - the Purosangue https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ferrari-purosangue/ke6104.html
  25. gtxtom

Rolls Royce Cullinan

It sounds like you're talking about either the FF or the GTC4 Lusso, which are V12 and AWD.
Back
Top Bottom