Search results

1. Chrisxo55441

Plate current question EL34

I have a Maxi Matcher 2 and was testing some Mullard EL34 xf2 tubes and got a plate current reading of 17.6 mA on one at 400v. The chart on the tester says the expected readings for EL34 is between 21-50 mA. im just wondering if there is a minimum mA that EL34 tubes should be before they are...
  2. Chrisxo55441

Koetsu Black Goldline on 1700 mk2 arm

Im thinking about picking up a Koetsu Black Goldline and using it with my Technics SL 1700 mk2. I have the additional weight attachment for the arm if needed and have 3 phono preamps i could use, EAR 834P, Icon Audio Ps1 and a Dynvector P75 mk3. Good or Bad idea? thoughts
  3. Chrisxo55441

speaker foam sagging after re-foam

i just had my HPD 385A drivers re-foamed at midwest speaker and on one of them the foam is dented. i thought it was finger prints but the guy who did them says that sometimes they sag when when the glaze or whatever they use is brushed on. is this plausible? ive never seen this.
  4. Chrisxo55441

HPD 385 serial number question

i recently bought a pair a Berkeley's, i took the drivers out to bring them in to get new foam surrounds and saw the serial number tags on them are different than the serial numbers tags on the cabinets. my question is are they suppose to be the same? the cabinet tags say 385/ then the number is...
  5. Chrisxo55441

HPD 385 serial number question

i recently bought a pair a Berkeley's, i took the drivers out to bring them in to get new foam surrounds and saw the serial number tags on them are different than the serial numbers tags on the cabinets. my question is are they suppose to be the same? the cabinet tags say 385/ then the number is...
  6. Chrisxo55441

Original Audio Research location burned down in Minneapolis riots

Saw an article in the local Star-Tribune about a factory that burned down and recognized the address. 2843 26th ave s in Minneapolis was the original Audio Research headquarters/factory in 1970 its the building in the upper right
  7. Chrisxo55441

Marantz 2285B Cases

This post is meant to help others searching for info on 2285B cases like I was. The 2265B is a similar design and this might apply to that unit as well. When i purchased my 2285B a few years ago it came with a WC-22 case and no metal cover. I contacted the seller to see if they had the...
  8. Chrisxo55441

2285B no output phono or aux

not sure whats going on here been a month or two since i last used. i hooked up a table to phono 1 got nothing, switched rca cables and checked cartridge mounting and tried phono 2 as well still dead quiet. turned selector to FM and that works fine. tried a different table nothing again. tried...
  9. Chrisxo55441

Punched a hole through my Cheviot cone is there any hope?

i was messing around with my wiring nest and backed into one of my Tannoy Cheviots ( my favorite speakers damn it ) it fell onto a corner of a table and got a hole punched through the cone. im going to bring to Midwest Speaker and have it patched if they can do it. if its repaired does it affect...
  10. Chrisxo55441

Original Marantz Model 9 paired with later version

i saw a pair of model 9's listed for sale, one is the first 500 made model without the tube shield and the other is the second version with the tube shield. i was told and read that the transformers were changed in the second version ( correct me if that is wrong). i guess it made me wonder if...
  11. Chrisxo55441

2275 Smoke filling dial glass

i used my 2275 sunday and left it on, went to put an album on monday and hadnt even touched anything and smelled smoke looked at the front and i think the lights were dimmed but not sure it happened fast, but anyway i could see smoke filling the dial glass area and turned it off and unplugged...
  12. Chrisxo55441

Klipsch Forte III

saw these in the local CL https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ele/d/klipsch-forte-iiimsrp/6597261593.html
  13. Chrisxo55441

Worst Headphones Ever??

I have a partial tear in my quadriceps above the knee and i went to have an MRI done, the tech/nurse said it would take 20 min and asked if i wanted to listen to some music and i said yes and he put some headphones on. the sound was absolutely the worst all garbled and the only thing that was...
  14. Chrisxo55441

60th Anniversary Klipschorns

on the local CL if anyone is interested https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/d/60th-anniversary-klipschorns/6501825705.html
  15. Chrisxo55441

Clearaudio Reference Turntable with Insider Cartridge

Saw this in the local CL looks sweet https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ele/d/clearaudio-reference/6501177896.html
  16. Chrisxo55441

ADC ZLM Improved ?

Ok this NOS ADC ZLM Standard Improved cartridge was included with a NOS Technics SL 1700mk2 that i bought. I had never heard of it and it certainly wasnt even on my radar. I have 25 other carts and need another like a hole in the head. im tryng to decide between selling it NOS to someone who...
  17. Chrisxo55441

Marantz original VS VAC Reissue value

i cant find much info about this, VAC made reissues of the 9, 8B and 7C what would the difference in value of similar condition units. would the originals be worth more , the same is it a big difference?
  18. Chrisxo55441

macyjrm is an awesome seller

Picked up a new dress for my 2285B, ripped it right open and put it on, thats how i roll - aint she pretty and she sounds pretty sweet too ( recap last year) got this NOS WC-122 from one of our own awesome AKer's macyjrm packed well and shipped fast :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  19. Chrisxo55441

Anyone have a 4140 cap list?

I could use a 4140 cap list if anyone has one they would share.
  20. Chrisxo55441

MC Recomendations for a PL-530

I have and extra headshell for my PL-530 that could use a cartridge and i prefer LOMC not HO. ive been looking at a Denon 103R and AT33PTG/ll but am open to pretty much anything that would match the table up to around $700. My phono pre's are an Icon Audio PS1mk2 and Dynavector P75mk3. MC...
  21. Chrisxo55441

Vintage 1960's Empire model 208 turntable -Mpls CL

There is an Empire 208/298 with tonearm available, Beautiful but its not my cup of tea but maybe someone elses https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ele/5993063878.html
  22. Chrisxo55441

Will Tom Brady retire if NE wins tomorrow?

Brady is 10,000 yards behind Manning/Farve for most yards and behind in a few other stats which will take him 2 - 3 years to break. I think he will choose to go out on top if they win this superbowl and not chase the records and possibly finish his outstanding career on the downside or injured...
  23. Chrisxo55441

Bent the tip of my cantilever then straightened it how long will it last?

I was mounting a Grado Sonota Reference 1 on a TP 60 headshell to put on my TD 160 and was using the plastic alignment jig and had to many shims and the tip of it hit right on the back of the V notch and bent the cantilever 90 degrees right before the stylus on the cartridge side i was able to...
  24. Chrisxo55441

E.A.R 834P as a pre amp

Hi im thinking about getting an E.A.R 834P phono pre with the volume control i have a couple questions about it. first is it a good phono pre and second would it work well connected straight into an amp say my Marantz 8b without another pre like my 7. i am hoping to get a pair of model 9 mono...
  25. Chrisxo55441

Anyone know what these speakers are?

A friends brother passed and and he had these speakers does anyone know what they are or for. no names on them and serial number and other info is scratched off. they are heavy and have wood veneer.
Back
Top Bottom