Search results

1. sydbar81

Kef 207/1 BCD instruction?

Someone from kef responded to a Facebook post I made in the kef group, posting it here should someone need it.
  2. sydbar81

Kef 207/1 BCD instruction?

Does anybody out there happen to have the instruction sheet for the boundary compensation function of the Kef 207/1 ? The manual only states "207 BCD adjustments are detailed on a seperate sheet" Kef support did not respond, cannot find this anywhere online. Looks like it's completely different...
  3. sydbar81

Moving from Kef 107/2 to Klipsch cornwall iv

Ok folks thank you all for chiming in here. I wound up going to the forte IV for a while. My primary reason for moving away from the 107.2 was that I wanted to go back to a Yamaha integrated. I had been running a a-s3000 and switched to a luxman l-509x so I could run the 107.2 (Yamaha doesn't...
  4. sydbar81

A-S3200 Noise Phono Section

The wife and kids will be out of town this weekend, planning to go through circuit by circuit to see. I've recently installed a new HVAC system with communicating stat/Idu/Odu so thinking that is the culprit. The Odu has an inverter compressor.
  5. sydbar81

An update on this, amp was picking up noise from something in the house which I am still sorting out. When turning all other circuits off but the one for the audio the amp is dead silent. Hum should not be there.
  6. sydbar81

Went back to Yamaha after trying out Luxman, picked up a used A-S3200 and am now noticing a slight hum. Nothing but speakers connected. Hum is audible at 50% volume when MC is selected, and 75% when MM selected. It is slightly louder when I connect the tonearm. No change in noise if I touch...
  7. sydbar81

A-s3000/3200 Stock Power Cable

Thank you! I found the part # from the service manual but Yamaha is out of stock, and they want $86 for it lol. Much appreciated!
  8. sydbar81

Yes, Amazon sells power cables.
  9. sydbar81

Would one of you kind folks take a look at your power cable and let me know the part # and size printed on it if you have a a-s3000/3200? Mine has disappeared and want to make sure I have the right one.
  10. sydbar81

Moving from Kef 107/2 to Klipsch cornwall iv

Curious if anybody else out there has moved from the kef 107 to Klipsch heritage or may have both? I've secured a decent price on a new set of Cornwall IV, but can only keep one or the other. I know I like the cornwall sound, have heard them at a clients house and I know I like the live PA...
  11. sydbar81

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Another update on the journey. The ysa-1 is out aside until I make time to teach myself how to properly load bearings in a tonearm. In the meantime I stumbled across this gem a ysa-2 as well as a NOS yds-3. I will be keeping all three tonearms. The art9xa is mounted to the ya-39, the ysa-1 will...
  12. sydbar81

Well the ysa-1 is here... And it has an issue. There is a decent amount of play in the bearing. I'm hoping they are not damaged . Has anybody here rebuilt one of these tonearms and be able to provide some guidance on inspection and adjustment if possible? Here's a video I took...
  13. sydbar81

I'm budgeted for an audio Technica art-9, but definitely want to make sure I get a good match. I'd prefer to stick with the built in phono stage on my Luxman l-590ax which is 100ohm
  14. sydbar81

Well impulsiveness got the best of me and I ordered one, has all packaging, accessories, and two headshells. Has anybody been able to confirm what the effective mass of the ysa-1 actually is? The spec I find everywhere for the ya-39 is 22 grams including headshell and 33 grams for the ysa-1...
  15. sydbar81

Checking in here, has been almost a year since I got my gt-2000 from hifi do and I know this is all the turntable I need... Unless I stumble across a x. I finally pulled the trigger on the yop-1 and I am just stunned. I honestly wasn't expecting much, I really just wanted the brake. I cannot...
  16. sydbar81

Luxman L-590ax Vu Meter Color Gel Discoloration?

Can any luxman owners chime in? Wondering if anybody else has seen this happen before I start opening this up willy nilly? I'm assuming heat has caused discoloration of either a lamp or a filter that might be behind the meter. The orange hue is lost on the outer edges.
  17. sydbar81

After a few weeks of listening and getting things dialed I am able to hear the full range of this cart. I've had this cart on a Thorens td-1601,vpi scoutmaster prime, and a vpi Prime 21 and have not heard it like this before (I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that compliance and...
  18. sydbar81

Yeah I'd appreciate it, if you end up with them loose. I'd love photos of the joinery/seams if at all possible. I take it you have a set of ns-2000?
  19. sydbar81

Oh we are too, I'm lucky to buy direct from the sawmills but it still hurts.
  20. sydbar81

It's funny you mention that, my bench will be clearing in a few weeks, I've been feeling an itch to build out some 'gigantic and tremendous' inspired pieces. I'd be happy to offer my services to anybody here. My next project for me I'm kicking arounf a gt rack prototype, maybe veneered in...
  21. sydbar81

That is a 4" butcher block composed of figured and burl sections of an Oregon Clairo walnut slab. I make these and other things from wood for a living.
  22. sydbar81

Sounds good
  23. sydbar81

I was able to hit the ground running for the most part because the amount of time spent with the yp-d71.. Identical in setup, just miniaturized somewhat. Needless to say these are so much nicer to set up than the boutique tonearms. They just work.
  24. sydbar81

It is here, and now I am doubly glad I ordered from hi-fi do. Just look at how well they packed this thing, needless to say I savored every second of this unboxing as this is my dream turntable. Still getting it dialed in, but am close. With that being said this thing is just in another league...
  25. sydbar81

External Power Supply for GT-2000 Turntable

Is anybody able to upload the schematic again as an attchment? The links on the previous pages are broken.
Back
Top Bottom