Search results

1. Hermit418

Service Manual for a Kenwood KT 8005

I have been working on a restoration of a Kenwood KT 8005 Tuner and am still unable to find a legible copy of the Service Manual. I have tried downloading it, (got a somewhat legible schematic) but to date not finding something I can use even after paying for and downloading from several sites...
  2. Hermit418

I finally got kenwood!!!

Service Manual/User Manual and a schematic is needed on a Kenwood KT 8005 tuner I just purchased. Does anyone have any tested mods for his as well? The seller has good ratings and said it works great, just trying to gather together all the related materials just in case I either need or better...
  3. Hermit418

EL-34/KT-77/6550/KT-88 Recommendations

I run a quad of EH-6CA7s in a Yaqin MC-30L with RCA Black Plates in the preamp section. The 6CA7s are something that give a more 6L6 type midrange and open top end with the head room above the 6550 Tung-Sols. The point made previously about subjectivity is spot on and it is for your ears to...
  4. Hermit418

Hello - new member looking for speakers

I have a pair of the Time-piece speakers lots of great sound from a smaller package. Cheers Hermit
  5. Hermit418

Hybrid amps from China - anything worth getting?

Please look up 15 band verses 31 band EQs. I am using an android device and can't cut and paste hyperlinks. The 1/3 Octave EQ gives more flexibility than the 15 or lesser number of frequency adjustment controls per channel. Cheers Hermit
  6. Hermit418

The Yaquin MC-30L also handles headphones and includes a wireless remote control. The sound quality and build is good to excellent especially after the tube swap is done. Remember any tube based equipment needs to " break or wear in" for you to realize it full potential. I don't recall you...
  7. Hermit418

I own several Yaquin amps.An MC-30L with upgrades such as matched big bottle 6CA7 (Electro-Harmonix) and a full set of RCA and/or Sylvania 6AK5 serving in the power/preamp sections. All of the tubes come from Tubemeister and are very closely matched. This amp with bias set at .4 seems to...
  8. Hermit418

You Have $800 Turntable Budget

Nice deck set up. Out here you either fall into a deal or have to pony up the inflated price. Cheers Hermit
  9. Hermit418

You Have $800 Turntable Budget

You think he is going to find one in good shape WITH a good working cart and stylus for his budget? Being an owner of the DP-47f running several 681EEEs and an Ortofon or Pickering. Both Denon carts the 103 and the 301 would be an excellent choice to pair with this TT. As for the cost if you...
  10. Hermit418

VPI Scout 2 with Ortofon Quintet Black S (new to me)

That pre-amp is hard to beat even spending serious $$$$. If it is in great shape and you save some money from purchasing a new unit makes the deal almost a no-brainer. The only pre-amp I have seen and heard that sounded different enough to be able to a clear audible impact was the Monk...
  11. Hermit418

Which floorstanders for my Yamaha CR800? New or Old!

May I suggest Klipsch and lean toward the Classic line up. Very solid bass along with clean mids and high end. while horns will take some getting used to listening wise the dynamics will impress. You might just add a subwoofer to round out the lower frequencies if you are otherwise happy...
  12. Hermit418

Sansui C-2102 Pre-Amp just picked it up Yesterday...

Just wanted to post a follow up about this pre-amp after giving it a bit of time to settle in and listen to it for awhile. I have noticed a more transparent reproduction, smoother in some respects to the Onkyo 3150 pre-amp sittingjust below it in the stack. Although subtle in reality it is...
  13. Hermit418

Best CD player for the money? old, new, -I don't care which.

I guess no one is aware on the Panasonic DVD H-1000 which originally sold for 3k and was called the best ever. You can still find these in excellent shape and well under $500.00. I have one and it is far better than any of my other TTOL Sony, Onkyo and even my Meridian CD players. The...
  14. Hermit418

Manley Lab Stereo 75 tube amp

David put out a lot of top shelf gear. Since the company was within easy driving distance to me also got to demo and check out his recording stuff too. Quality builds, great sounding gear. Cheers Hermit
  15. Hermit418

FM indoor antennas and stucco homes?

Reception dependson proximity to Broadcasting Stations, Station power levels, line of sight to the Transmitting site etc. The poster may be or may not be getting the same signal strength from his local stations and to be honest it is always best to use an outdoor antenna. You will have...
  16. Hermit418

Will this PT handle this?

How are you getting the measurements? Just saw this thread and the figures seemed at least to me should be more in line with the chart progressions. Just going with the math but again after 40 years plus involement in this area have seen and measured some otherwise non standard verses...
  17. Hermit418

Hello from the Inland Empire

Welcome to AK. Sent you a PM. Cheers Hermit
  18. Hermit418

Recommendations For A MM Cartridge

Irun the Blue on a 1228 and it is an excellent choice. That said, I would agree withoutreservation that a Stanton 681EEE with the original stylus or even a good replacement version would satisfy your listening needs. I own several Stantons and also a Pickering which are on other TTs. Each...
  19. Hermit418

"NOS" Accuphase, "NOS" no more....

Had the full rack of those. Redid the P-300 both sidesmatch Mitsubishi transistors. The original Fuji parts were not available and next realized a solid 225 WPC a side. Great system with the T-100 or T-101 (FM only) tuner. Glad to see such beautifiul gear again, loved mine till it was ripped...
  20. Hermit418

I noticed a definitive difference in the phono inputs immediately. The other 3 "Tape" inputs will show improvement and worth the money/effort/time to do as well. Cheers Hermit
  21. Hermit418

I would suggest that you change out the entire lot (13) as it made a substantial difference in the performance at least to my ears and the ears of others who heard this unit before and after. Cheers Hermit
  22. Hermit418

Yaqin MC-30L & Tube Rolling

Find some Sylvania or RCA (Black Plates) 6AK5s and after a few hours you should realize the difference in tighter bass and much cleaner overall presentation, from the stock tubes. I will say the stock preamp tubes did have a decent sound stage once they broke in (about 100 hours for me) and the...
  23. Hermit418

Been running it with various amps and speaker combos. I am really happy with the performance of this pre-amp. Brought back several items from a swapmeet yesterday: 1.Set of Klipsch Synergy B3s bookshelf speakers in excellent shape (amazing little boxes) 2.Sone CDP701ES CD player again looks...
  24. Hermit418

Okay and thanks in adavance. BTW Do you have any manuals on this unit? Cheers Hermit
  25. Hermit418

Bose 901 Series V without equalizer

No The original eq boosted the signals 20-30dB and no ordinary eq will work. The 9091 series speakers have followers w/o the eq they will not play well. You will hear others claim they are this or that, bottom line if you can listen to them and still want them then decide. You can do far...
Back
Top Bottom