Search results

1. hifix

Tidal Premium or HiFi

100%. :D
  2. hifix

Just a heads up from a music producer concerning Tidal and MQA.

MQA is not a friend to the music lover.
  3. hifix

What are you using to find new music?

My memory of the 80s. "Everything" was better in the 80s. :rflmao:
  4. hifix

Tidal Premium or HiFi

[Edit] Arghh. I'm Sorry that i didnt see the video posted in the previous page (it was displayed as a link). For the benefit of those who are more visually inclined, i'll leave this here. If this is inappropriate please delete my post.
  5. hifix

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Just thought i'd chime in.... Still using my tweaked blue black board which i find to be very musically engaging.
  6. hifix

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Hi Johnno, that light is quite something. I had a similar issue with my old TPA3118 SMSL amp. Couldnt quite tune it out visually in my listening area.
  7. hifix

TPA325x amps: the next step in Class D?

Just a heads up... I've been eyeing a TPA325x after having heard one driving a pair of Yamaha NS1000. Check the item origin / item location. Some of the ones i've seen are from Wuhan, China. *edit* If anything, estimated delivery times might not hold. And theres the issue of the virus.
  8. hifix

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Hi mcgarick, I've been running my TPA3116 board caps 2v away from their rated limit. Still over the moon with the board.
  9. hifix

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

Thanks.
  10. hifix

When you were using the battery, what were you using to step the voltage down for the Pi ?
  11. hifix

Star Wars - Generational differences.

Yup, same here.
  12. hifix

Thanks Ejman & 50 Green.
  13. hifix

This is what is needed for my setup. 50 Green, do you have a part # / reference for the replacement pot ? Ejman, are there any markings / ratings on the new item ?
  14. hifix

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

If you are refering to modifying the TPA3xxx boards, just look back in the thread. There are heaps of guys who have modified them.
  15. hifix

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Yup.
  16. hifix

Audiophiles that never actually listen to their system!!??

Surely not all of them. I've had the displeasure of meeting a particular individual (into hifi) who uses his equipment as a means to listen to himself (brag)... :D
  17. hifix

Music Collection - Audio Management Software (Frontend for Foobar2000)

Hello, Just thought that i'd post a heads up with my Pi music server development. After trying a few different solutions to get effective cover art happening, i came across "Music Collection". Its a music library / management software which can send playlists to Foobar (i'm using foobar)...
  18. hifix

My wife is giving me S--T

I do not subscribe to the happy wife happy life saying. Under this roof, no quarter asked and no quarter given when it comes to accomodating an inflated sense of self importance. You can't take the stereo / car etc with you. Its supposed to be enjoyed here (within logical reason). Having...
  19. hifix

Recieved my darTZeel NHB-108 copy from China

It looks good!
  20. hifix

If the balance is spot on... and given whats been added to the thread... dont want go too far and downgrade it back to original. :D
  21. hifix

G'day mjw21a, If you were in WA, i'd hassle you for a listen.
  22. hifix

Class D, IcePower, etc- who's running what, and why?

I'm running a TPA3116 based amplifier. I really like how my music collection sounds with this amp.
  23. hifix

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

If you get hooked on the price / performance of these amps... some of the commercial offerings can start to appear in a "new" light.
  24. hifix

Hi Pio1980, No buzzkill at all. Was the FX tested with a linear supply ? I went to a linear supply soon after receiving the item and have packed away the stock PSU. i didnt get much of a listen to it in stock trim.
Back
Top Bottom