Search results

1. kwape

Pioneer SA-9100 Tone switch fault

yes see post #16, shows pictures of the switch before and after. the eraser trick worked well. solved the problem for me
  2. kwape

Braun L810 Crossover Recap

woofers need rebuilt. sending them out. putting original film caps back in too, guess i was hobby crazy few years ago haha
  3. kwape

needs more volume

needs more volume
  4. kwape

Sansui 2000A recap question

Hey guys! would it be safe to replace chassis power capacitor C0004 1000uf 50v cap, with a 2200uf 80v??? Just because i have one on hand and could maintain factory mounting. . Thanks!!
  5. kwape

need a good set of IEMs, suggestions?

thanks guys i'll research these
  6. kwape

need a good set of IEMs, suggestions?

hey folks, I need a good pair of in ear monitors that i'll be using for the gym and exercise. I'm an audio nut so i need quality, but they also need to be practical and durable for my needs. I've tried a few new pairs recently to no avail and would like some suggestions. willing to spend...
  7. kwape

anyone familiar with marantz pm95/philips dfa1000

trying to set the idle current on my Philips DFA1000, can't find any info. I believe both amps are very similar, class A & AB operation. any help much appreciated, right channel runs much hotter than the left.
  8. kwape

Philips DFA 1000 - Can anyone help, simple stuff no info

bump....idle current?
  9. kwape

Philips DFA 1000 - Can anyone help, simple stuff no info

pretty sweet integrated amp, class A and AB. I had this amp serviced a while back; needed mosfet outputs replaced on one channel and I could never find a manual or schematic for this, nor do I have experience with mosfets. The amp works, but I want to clean it up because I found a place for...
  10. kwape

Braun L810 Crossover Recap

I still have the braun 810s, sending all 4 woofers out to be rebuilt this week. they've been set aside for some time, but I've blown tweeters in damn near everything I have except my Klipsch chorus II. I just put too much power to speakers that can't handle it or are aging. pretty certain my...
  11. kwape

Sony STR 7065 Receiver - repair help

never got around to building or finding a wood case. It sits atop my workbench so I only really see the faceplate. It really sounds great and if I want that receiver in a nicer spot i'd get a case for it. Really sounds great
  12. kwape

Distortion coming from turntable?

how would I know if I was getting feedback into the tt? from the woofers? yeah it's weird, doesn't seem like its the amps. But that's what I thought it had to be initially. I'll try swapping pre's, I have another with a phono.
  13. kwape

Distortion coming from turntable?

hey folks, I was playing some vinyl and sounded like the tweeter on A channel was starting to fail, just rattling on high frequencies (JBL 110 w/033 tweeter......oh god not again). cut it off and out of curiosity swapped amps, played same source and still distortion. Changed to my cd played and...
  14. kwape

Philips DFA1000 up and running!!

Purchased this integrated amp with a couple other non working items and this was the last to be repaired. Baco99, if you're out there it took 2 years but i got b&k pre amp, ab systems amp and this hog running. Really, this philips sat until i brought it to a tech. I couldn't find a schematic and...
  15. kwape

looking for new cart suggestions for Sony PS-x500, new to turntables

Here's a pic, has a weight on it. Not sure if that's stock weight or not.
  16. kwape

I don't mind spending 230$ on a Denon DL-110 (seen on amazon) if it's really going to bring some nice sound quality. My question then is why moving coil and not moving magnet and what's the difference? I'd be using an Emotiva USP-1 preamp that has mm & mc options. also, the Denon DL110 is only...
  17. kwape

looking to upgrade the cartridge on this sony ps-x500 I purchased at a fanknfest a fews years back, it is my first and only tt. Came with an AT100 cart. I'm not sure where to start or what specs I need, online research I've done suggest 7.5-12.5 gram cart without added weight. just looking for...
  18. kwape

SAE Mark IIIA Repair

Welp, this amp has been sitting for a while now non working. I installed some 2N3773 outputs, they are stock part number outputs. Channel A seems fine, putting out 144wrms into 8ohms at 1khz. Channel b is completely unstable; oscillating and started smoking from what looks like the ground...
  19. kwape

question on TO-204-2 transistors

cool, thank you avionic
  20. kwape

question on TO-204-2 transistors

looking at some 2N3773G on semi transistors for outputs. I need the TO-3 case, but I'm not familiar with the TO-204-2 case and the seem to be the same. I thought the G indicated lead free with on semi products, and should otherwise be the same. any help appreciated
  21. kwape

Marantz Model 250 Blown Outputs

thank you ew
  22. kwape

got the amp running, but one meter Is not functional. My tech mentioned to coil is intact but has some mechanical issue. the needle is not bent or stuck on the backing there is space in between, it's some other issue. if anyone has a meter for this amp please pm me. I know it's a ;long shit...
  23. kwape

thank you I'll try them. I wasn't sure if they would fit and I don't have the amp here for measurements.
  24. kwape

I have the amp at a repair shop getting the outputs replaced and whatever else is needed to get it running. Just don't have the time to get it done myself. The amp needs feet though, does anyone know an oem or aftermarket feet that will fit this amp?
Back
Top Bottom