Search results

1. K

Old pair of Bose 301 - almost free

OK, thanks to Reedger for the foam kit, and the link to the woofer repair video, got them refoamed. I had to scrap the old dust caps, I ruined one getting it off and nicked the top of the voice coil (they're thick and rigid, takes some pressure)...I thought I'd done something bad but apparently...
  2. K

Great, I'll try to keep that in mind. :)
  3. K

That's the one. Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll search for refoaming articles. Seems like it would be hard to get the woofer centered but no doubt there's a trick to it.
  4. K

I traded a pair of Bose 141s for a pair of Bose 301s - looks like maybe early 80s vintage with the directional knob for the tweeter. The foam on the woofers is gone...I have no idea how to refoam these other than I've heard it's possible. Are these worth refoaming? If so, tips, tricks, sources...
  5. K

Reel clamps for TEAC A-1250

Found em.... http://www.oaktreeent.com/Reel-To-Reel_Tape.htm thanks folks!
  6. K

How hard is it to change caps?

This is a damn good thread. I'm making a foray into recapping my Marantz 1090 and found this thread...great stuff. Thanks folks!
  7. K

Wal*Mart distilled water isn't really.

Even better, here's a couple of MSDSs for DI water: http://www.sciencestuff.com/msds/C2959.html https://fscimage.fishersci.com/msds/89955.htm So apparently it's harmless. Back in my semiconductor days, we used it around a lot of stainless and (someone told me) it would leave waterspots...
  8. K

Wal*Mart distilled water isn't really.

Should note if no one has already that DI water is a) not safe to drink, and b) is slightly corrosive. or so I heard many years ago.
  9. K

Great ideas....By sink stopper I assume you mean the black rubber ones that go on the bottom of the stainless basket in kitchen sinks?
  10. K

Marantz 2110 - worth the trouble?

MIne has only one transformer :( just looked at it again and realized the left transformer is very conspicuous by its absence. Is finding a replacement any sort of a possibility?
  11. K

Bought a TEAC A-1250 today, great condition with all the original paperwork, calibration tag, plastic cover.......but no reel clamps. Anyone know where I can get a pair of these? Looks like I may need a pinch roller too. Thanks! Josh
  12. K

Marantz 2110 - worth the trouble?

I just picked up a stash of Marantz, including a Model 2110 that powers up and seems to tune OK but has some disconnected wires inside, and the scope doesn't work. Otherwise it seems to be in decent shape. Other than standard cleaning/recapping etc. and figuring out where the loose wires go...
  13. K

Austin craigslist ad for vintage McIntosh

No affiliation, knowledge, etc., just FYI http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/272124831.html
  14. K

JBL ARC30 power requirements vs. sound

I have a pair of JBL ARC30s I bought recently (craigslist) and I am powering them with a Marantz 2265 receiver. The bass is quite boomy and it's overpowering the midrange more than I like. The speakers are rated 125 watts and the 2265 only at 65 wpc (which is the most powerful amp I have)...
  15. K

Multi-room

Same problem, different solution - I got several wireless audio links and have a separate amplifier in each room (and garage. One transmitter from the main music system (hooked up to computer for MP3s, or from the CD jukebox) works for more than one receiver. Quality in the garage (through three...
  16. K

Equalizer and 2265

Yes, this is it here: http://www.hifiengine.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=335 Dyslexia kicking in I guess, sorry. It's a neat equalizer with clicky switches and sliders, lovely work. Needs a couple of LEDs replaced. Mine doesn't have the wooden case, too bad. Anyway I just wanted to...
  17. K

Equalizer and 2265

eh, it's a SEA-E7V, sorry.
  18. K

Equalizer and 2265

I have a JVC SEA-E7B 4-channel equalizer. The way to hook this up to my 2265 is just to use two channels plugged pre-amp->input and output->main in, and turn the tone control to "out", correct? I have two extra channels then on the equalizer, what can I use those for?
  19. K

2265 power switch repair

lot of switches there hahaha! It was actually a pleasure to work on this one though...no little spring-loaded balls shooting everwhere.
  20. K

2265 power switch repair

ahhhhh.....excellent idea.
  21. K

2265 power switch repair

Thought this might help someone...I discovered that the power switch on my 2265 is pretty easy to repair. It turns out be a ... what do you call it..."double pole single throw"? Whatever it's called, there are two available switch circuits, only one of which is being used. So you can just switch...
  22. K

2265 protection circuit

The protection circuit on my 2265 is still cutting in at rather low volumes...I've swapped out speakers and measured DC bias (3-4 and 13 mv on left and right) and cleaned it and it's still doing it. It consisently clicks off at quarter volume if I have loudness on and the tone control on "in"...
  23. K

G-5000 score

Found a Sansui G-5000 today on craigslist for $45. Perfect condition, just a bit dusty. The guy I bought it from was like "yeah we used it but it doesn't have a remote and we got this" pointing at a plastic surround sound theater system. Happy!
  24. K

Teac A-100

Second thread from yesterday's attic run...I pulled out an old TEAC A-100 cassette deck which I got years ago and never really used. It's nice, looks cool, needs a little head cleaning and I bet new belts in the near future since FF doesn't really want to and the counter is jerky. Otherwise it...
  25. K

Akai 4000DS Mk II and Telefunken portable

I recently picked up an Akai 4000DS Mk II for $10. It is cosmetically good and seems more or less mechanically OK after cleaning and deoxITing. I haven't dug out my reel tapes yet to see if they play. The heads were pretty dirty but the inside looked great, just some spiderwebs, no dust or...
Back
Top Bottom