Search results

1. darkblue94

Ariel Acoustics 20T...OMG, Wow.

Heard some Ariel Acoustics 20T speakers the other day. My oh my were they impressive. Even on the second hand market they are far above my means but damn they were nice. Store owner said they love lots of nice clean power and when given it they reward the listener handsomely. I can attest to...
  2. darkblue94

NEW Norah Jones album

Do any of you have the new Norah Jones album yet? If you do, what are your impressions?
  3. darkblue94

Paragon System E preamp in the house.

I've got a take home trial piece in my bedroom system right now and I have to say it sounds terrific. I understand that this is a rather rare preamp with only about 250 having been made. It's not like I really need another preamp but of course I agreed to babysit it for a week or so with a...
  4. darkblue94

A Small Problem With TimeFrame TF2000's

Okay so I've encountered a little bump in the road with these mythical beasts. The woofers in the right speaker quit working a few days ago and due to the size and design/construction of these things it's not as easy as it could be to tear into them and sort them out. I removed the back panel...
  5. darkblue94

Power cord for a Miracord 50H?

I just picked up a Miracord 50H missing the power cord. Do any of you folks know where to source one? It would probably be easier and cheaper to graft on a replacement cord underneath or replace the Molex type receptacle with a C7 receptacle but then keeping it original may have it's own merits...
  6. darkblue94

I found some nice speakers at a good price.

Hello folks. I promised myself that I wouldn't bring home any more big speakers but looks like I failed myself. Found these this afternoon at a G.W. not very close to me and well you know the story, now they're mine. I hope they won't need too much rehab, they are in great cosmetic shape...
  7. darkblue94

Heathkit SP2 Preamp came home today.

I brought my Heathkit SP2 preamp home today from it's stint in rehab. I did not hear it before the rebuild so I had no frame of reference from which to base any expectations. I am a happy camper to say the least. It got a completely new power supply section and all new caps as well as other...
  8. darkblue94

Anyone familiar with The Fisher SP10 speakers?

I'm going to a local auction house tomorrow evening to check out some vintage gear including a beautiful pair of Fisher SP10 speakers. I really don't need any new speakers, but... Sound familiar? I've been bitten by the vintage tube gear bug and fallen hard for this stuff. I won't be able to...
  9. darkblue94

Need help with M45 amplifier

I've got a M45 amplifier that is near perfect except one nagging issue. The power level meters light up fully upon power up and do not dance like their supposed to. This hasn't bothered me before because I preferred to turn the display off when I used it. I also have a M65 amplifier that works...
  10. darkblue94

More Magnavox tube gear.

Picked up another Magnavox console set-up yesterday. This one is a two piece cabinet design with 15 inch woofers and model 175 amplifier. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with this one, it's in really nice shape. It did include some 40 to 50 albums of which I may keep 3 or 4 as well as a...
  11. darkblue94

Rescued from the dumpster.

Well I managed to save this little bugger from the trash dumpster today. Not sure what I'll do with it but it's worth keeping alive. Sweet little single ended pentode flea-watt amp, some nice tubes too. I took the 12 inch 4 ohm woofers too. I'll have to save it for later as I have multiple...
  12. darkblue94

Requesting advice on crossover rebuilding.

Okay so I've decided to keep the Boston Acoustics A200's and rebuild the crossovers, need some help. I know that I'll be changing out the old electrolytics with some decent film caps with the likely exception of the 60mF bass cap and upgrading the resistors to Mills brand. I'm seeking advice...
  13. darkblue94

Boston Acoustics A200 refoam done,now onto the crossover.

Hello again, I finally did the refoam job on the BA A200's and they sound pretty good to me as they are but I can't stop here. I know they need to be recapped but it seems to me that as long as I'm in there I ought to to a complete rebuild / upgrade of the crossovers. I'm thinking of going with...
  14. darkblue94

Flat pak speaker kits

I'm thinking about trying a full range single driver flat pak speaker kit. Anyone have any experience / recommendations?
  15. darkblue94

Pilot SA-232,more tube goodness.

Well wouldn't you know it, I got me a keeper. Sounds beautiful, looks great. Can't wait to restore my Heathkit preamp to pair them up. I'm thinking of getting one of the full range knockdown speaker kits currently available. This is for my secondary ( bedroom ) system so no need for big bass...
  16. darkblue94

Leslie Model 45 organ speakers just about free.

Okay so it's not as if I didn't already have more ongoing projects than I can currently handle but...Got a call today from a friend says he's at a house sale and looking at two big speaker cabinets that he's never seen the likes of before. He wants either my opinion on them or to let me know...
  17. darkblue94

Finally Got a pair of Boston Acoustics A200 speakers.

Okay so they'll need a little work, the usual refoam and recap, but the cabinets and the grills are in great condition. I told myself that is was time to take a break from thrifting yet there I was and there they were. How could I not drag them home? I had a pair of A150 series II that I bought...
  18. darkblue94

"Hot Stuff" Magnavox 9302-00 is alive and well.

My Magnavox console tube amp is up and running. I am considering future modifications but am really impressed with this little guy. Started with a $40 thrift store console find, stripped the amp out on the back loading dock, didn't think to pull the tuner / preamp tubes or the badges. I did take...
  19. darkblue94

Tube bliss, Santa came early.

I am now the proud happy owner of a beautiful piece of audio history. Brought home a Fisher SA-300B amplifier today. It is getting to know it's new stablemates; McIntosh C22 tube preamp (vintage) and MR71 tube FM tuner. They are playing together beautifully along with the Klipsch Forte I's with...
  20. darkblue94

New to me Pioneer SX-780, uh oh something wrong with it.

A couple of days ago I picked up a cosmetically near-mint SX-780 at the local G.W. for a low,low price. The unit powered up fine in the store, all lights worked etc so I took it home and hooked it up to an 8 ohm pair of speakers. Pop goes the 4 amp fuse on the panel underneath the receiver, so I...
  21. darkblue94

Got a nice pair of Bozak speakers.

A few days ago I found these Bozak B301CD speakers at a local estate sale for a can't let them get away price. I was looking to pass them on for a profit but then I hooked them up and gave them a listen. Now I'm not so sure, with a little lovin' they could be keepers. They're not the prettiest...
Back
Top Bottom