Search results

1. Audiokingman

Technics SU-Z990 - anybody have some info?

FYI, The Technics SU-Z990 is not a receiver. :)
  2. Audiokingman

Carver HR-875 Not Retaining Settings

Just recently acquired it. Done it since I've had it. Opened the top up and did not see any battery anywhere.
  3. Audiokingman

Carver HR-875 Not Retaining Settings

I'm only using this as a 2-channel stereo receiver. Whenever I power down this Carver HR-875, when I go to power it back up it does not return to how it was previously. I have to press the speaker button again to reactivate the speakers and it does not stay on the previous source I was...
  4. Audiokingman

Kenwood KR-8010 vs KR-9400

Yes, you are mistaken. The first 2 channel stereo receiver that broke the 100 watts+ watts per channel barrier was the Pioneer SX-1010.
  5. Audiokingman

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

Exactly. Just like speakers that have foam surrounds will never need rerubbered.
  6. Audiokingman

"Speakers have rubber surrounds that never need refoamed".
  7. Audiokingman

Technics RS-M14 sound going in and out

Thanks for your post and pictures. I pulled out my soldering iron and reflowed the solder on the wire/terminal. Put it back on and all seems fine now.
  8. Audiokingman

1983 Sherwood S-6040CP Mos Fet DC Power Amp <Recap>

Happy to report that all is great now. Adjusted DC offset to less than 20mV on both channels. Kind of surprised to see that the owners manual said that up to 70mV was ok. Also, I adjusted idle current to around 18mV on both channels (15mV to 20mV is what the manual recommends). Before...
  9. Audiokingman

I just noticed something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your pictures showing "Left Channel Idle Adjust" and "Right Channel Idle Adjust" ...shouldn't they really be "Left Channel DC Adjust" and "Right Channel DC Adjust"? And, your pictures showing "DC Adjustment" of the left and right...
  10. Audiokingman

Thanks for the pictures and explanation. I haven't checked idle current yet. When listening to music at a moderate volume level for about 45 minutes, my unit is VERY hot on the top metal case. Hot enough that I cannot keep my hand pressed down on the case for more than about 2 seconds without...
  11. Audiokingman

For Sale: "They worked the last time we used them 10 years ago"
  12. Audiokingman

Ready to refoam - infinity 2000 ii question

Old post, but it's still active. No, you cannot simply mount a standard surround upside-down. If you try that, the inner part of the surround foam will be pointed up in the air instead of contouring downward with the cone.
  13. Audiokingman

Dynaco A35 History

So far so good, but you are disappointed?
  14. Audiokingman

"are in good shape for their age" So, if something has cosmetic defects they are normally in average or poor cosmetic condition if they are new, but in good cosmetic condition if they are a certain amount of years old or older?
  15. Audiokingman

Sherwood S-6040CP Power Amp--Odd DC Offset readings

Left channel speaker 1, speaker 1 switch was in, 2 was out. Left channel speaker 2, speaker 1 switch was out, 2 was in.
  16. Audiokingman

You should have offered $50 extra and ask if they will meet you somewhere half way. If they agreed, just don't show up. :)
  17. Audiokingman

Sherwood S-6040CP Power Amp--Odd DC Offset readings

Just acquired a Sherwood S-6040CP amplifier the other day. Seems like a pretty nice amp, dual mono design. Before hooking up to speakers, I decided to first check dc offset at the speaker terminals. The B speakers left channel read 12.6mV. Fine to me. However the A speakers left channel is...
  18. Audiokingman

When an ad starts out with "if you are looking at this, you know what it is"
  19. Audiokingman

"speakers need/have been reformed" "speakers need reconed" For when they have been or are in need of being refoamed or in need of new surrounds.
  20. Audiokingman

The infamous Sherwood Power Switch / Volume Pot: Repaired!

I have a local place that does 3D printing. What is the best and/or 2nd best material to use to 3D print this part?
  21. Audiokingman

Harman Kardon HK3490 DC Offset adjustment??

Just acquired a HK 3490 receiver. Measured 35mv on right channel, but 140mv on the left channel. Concerned about the left channel. Anybody know if the dc offset can be easily adjusted on this model?
  22. Audiokingman

Kenwood KC-206 Control Amplifier

Doesn't seem as if that APP is valid any longer. Any other suggestions?
  23. Audiokingman

Craig Speakers??

Well.......how do they sound?
  24. Audiokingman

JBL l112 restoration thread. Grill fabric repair.

Are some grill (or is it grille?) frames for JBL L112 speakers made of a hard plastic, and some made of metal?
Back
Top Bottom