Search results

1. 04blackmaxx

No, but that would be pretty fun. I have a dealer I am talking to about a VPI Avenger TT I may...

No, but that would be pretty fun. I have a dealer I am talking to about a VPI Avenger TT I may upgrade to and he said going to the VPI factory in Jersey is a must and I am considering it before I make the purchase.
  2. 04blackmaxx

Rocking the Nursery...any baby-approved systems?

Is the baby deaf yet?
  3. 04blackmaxx

My McIntosh Setup tour

4. 04blackmaxx

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

C2500 Preamp and MC302 Power Amp, a match made in heaven.
  5. 04blackmaxx

Anyone install a dedicated electrical circuit for audio system?

I finally have a dedicated circuit for the MC302 and Adcom 555's. Not sure how many amps it is but i dont dim the lights in the house when the bass drops anymore.
  6. 04blackmaxx

New house and setup with McIntosh and Adcom

LOL I have jazz too, sure thing watch me on Youtube lol.
  7. 04blackmaxx

Jeez, wish I hadda known a CDP upgrade would make such a difference ...

Its a shame, im sure they just resold the thing to someone else who also experiences the headaches now. It went back, came back to me, still had issues then ultimately resulted in a refund, not sure what else they would do with it. Maybe it went to a less discriminating audiophile but at that...
  8. 04blackmaxx

Pics of your listening space

How do you like the Avenger? I am currently deciding on a TT in the 10k range and was considering this or a McIntosh MC10.
  9. 04blackmaxx

Thanks. I have a finance based YT channel and im a finance MBA so its sort of in my blood, ive been this way since I was a kid (how much was it etc), sorry if it comes across as offputting or tacky I know.
  10. 04blackmaxx

Poor mans audiophile journey.

I have a luxury car costing system now but it wasn't always this way. I used to rock out to an $80 Sherwood receiver that overheated and had the top off with a fan on it, a numark mixer for MP3's and a jack to play music off the phone, speakers (still have them) were a pair of Pioneer GS-203's I...
  11. 04blackmaxx

Home based recording studio

Wow. This is getting more confusing by the posts, you guys really know your shit. I have an HP Spectre from a few years ago I use as my daily driver and will probably upgrade to something new and use this laptop for studio duty. I'll have to decide on the rest of the software based on research...
  12. 04blackmaxx

I think the quality of my singing will be the biggest factor but that is good to hear since I already have a YT channel. I cut my teeth in a manhattan kareoke bar and the crowd loved me singing New York, New York and I wanted to sing all night.
  13. 04blackmaxx

The heaviest CD-Players

I immediately thought of Boulder, who makes 400lb monoblocks. Not surprisingly, their CDP is 46lbs. and over 60 shipping. I think that is the heaviest one in this thread unless someone can prove me wrong. https://www.stereophile.com/content/boulder-1021-disc-player-specifications
  14. 04blackmaxx

Thanks for all the info. Just wondering if Soundcloud is the premier place to have your music discovered? I was thinking of uploading videos of my singing in the studio to youtube (so I want the room to look pretty sick) but have heard alot about soundcloud for amateur recording artists.
  15. 04blackmaxx

Hey Guys - I am looking to build a recording studio at my home in a dedicated room and I am really clueless on what I should get. I want monitors and a good mic but also I don't know anything about the rest of the equipment, laptop, etc to get. I see packages on Ebay like the link below but was...
  16. 04blackmaxx

Recording Studio Recommendations

Hey Guys - I am looking to build a recording studio at my home in a dedicated room and I am really clueless on what I should get. I want monitors and a good mic but also I don't know anything about the rest of the equipment, laptop, etc to get. I see packages on Ebay like the link below but was...
  17. 04blackmaxx

Tour of modified Music Hall MMF 2.2 with hana SL MC

Hey guys - Please check out my latest Youtbe video tour of the current TT and talk about the upgrade to a VPI avenger or McIntosh MC10. If you like this content please consider subscribing. I also plugged Audiokarma in the video because you guys are the authority!
  18. 04blackmaxx

McIntosh MC10 or VPI Avenger

I am planning a TT upgrade in the coming months and the budget is anything south of $10,000 so we have tons of options. I currently have a Music Hall MMF2.2 with a hana SL MC and an acraplat on an isolation platform but I am itching to go all in on something spectacular. I plan to put a Lyra...
  19. 04blackmaxx

Jeez, wish I hadda known a CDP upgrade would make such a difference ...

I briefly enjoyed a used McIntosh CDP I paid $4,000 for listening to SACDs and the damn thing skipped periodically and it cost me $100 to ship it back and get a refund. This is what happens when Phillips and Sony make the laser on virtually all CDPs and McIntosh not being vertically integrated...
  20. 04blackmaxx

Any audiophiles in the Rochester NY area?

Hey Man, im in Amherst NY which is also right near Speaker Shop. It would be fun to have some sort of meetup and I could probably host if needed, love demonstrating the system.
  21. 04blackmaxx

Pics of your listening space

Here is one system with the C2500 operating three power amplifiers in three rooms, its a trifecta! Also see my grand piano I am able to play part of ode to joy but I spend too much time listening to the McIntosh than practicing but this piano sounds glorious in this vaulted room.
  22. 04blackmaxx

Any audiophiles in the Rochester NY area?

I am one hour down the NYS thruway in Buffalo. I've actually been talking to a dealer in Rochester regarding my TT upgrade. If you are ever in the Buffalo area you should check out the upstairs of Speaker Shop which is about 5 minutes from my house and they have a $200,000 system up there that...
  23. 04blackmaxx

Thanks! You think the MT10 makes more of a statement than an Avenger? I love the look of the contraption, but agree the MT10 would bring everything all together and I'd say as for listening I would be equally satisfied with either as they are both squarely in the high end of hifi bracket. The...
  24. 04blackmaxx

Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

Stony by Post Malone, literally every track is banging and the bass lines are hard to beat. If im in the mood for metal I listen to the black album end to end too. Not alot of albums merit a full play.
  25. 04blackmaxx

Hey fellow AK members, I haven't been active on here lately because i have been on my Instagram stalking World of McIntosh and McIntosh Labs for a sponsorship. I bought a house that has some small Boston satellites in the kitchen and dining room that is adjacent to my main listening room where I...
Back
Top Bottom