Search results

1. Tonto Yoder

Need help on term paper!

Yes, end of story.
  2. Tonto Yoder

Dynaco ST-70 amp

It IS, of course, illegal to reproduce copyrighted material and offer it for public view without the expressed, written consent of all parties concerned. It is merely my recollection of an alleged Listener article allegedly published on or about Sept/Oct 2001. Any resemblance to the prose...
  3. Tonto Yoder

Reason 256 why forums like AK are needed.

BTW, where did your SACD player come from??? Florida's Sound Advice stores were purchased by Tweeters recently and they carried the Phillips SACD-1000 for $349 (as I'm sure you know from AA). Didn't you pay a little more than that???
  4. Tonto Yoder

A 2003 Las Vegas CES and T.H.E. Show Report

WW, glad you liked the article; I figured there wasn't much new in there, but I always liked that aspect of Listener mag--that they didn't just review the state of the art gear, but had a little bit of DIY, little bit of Classic (i.e. good vintage), little bit of budget stuff. The Cllassics...
  5. Tonto Yoder

Options to Marinco/Wattgate AC connectors???

Yes, things DID get off-topic here; my own divergence into isolation trannies further got the thread away from the original Marinco/Wattgate question. I think I've answered my own question anyway--in surfing, I found the following DIY power cord...
  6. Tonto Yoder

Mapleshade's IONOCLAST for vinyl

Second the ionoclast I ordered an Ionoclast based on Michael's review and the fact that there's the Mapleshade refund policy. Unlike Michael, who was "expecting NOTHING," I was undoubtedly predisposed to like the Ionoclast since he had already raved about it; I can't quite go so far as to say...
  7. Tonto Yoder

Need help on term paper!

Since this thread is about writing, I think it IS necessary to be insulting. If Cerwin Vega Fan turns in a term paper like Lefty's post, the choice of subject matter is quite irrelevant. TY
  8. Tonto Yoder

turntable gallery updated

I'm pretty sure that's an upgraded platter--I HAVE the stock Spacedeck and it's about 7/8 " shorter than the particular Space on your site. As to the "Mystic Mat," it's from the the Definitive Audio store in Nottingham. They have a website, but it's only contact information...
  9. Tonto Yoder

Dynaco ST-70 amp

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/brighter/karma/ four pages
  10. Tonto Yoder

Listener review of Dyna ST-70 put on the web page that my ISP provides; four pages http://mywebpages.comcast.net/brighter/karma/
  11. Tonto Yoder

Need help on term paper!

"Sirens of Titan" by Kurt Vonnegut (spelling?) Nice classic Sci-fi novel. Your teacher will start you off with a "C" just for choosing that author. Generally, people who are qualified to give advice on literature are actually literate.
  12. Tonto Yoder

Wildwest, Did you ever see the RECENT Listener mag review of the Dynaco??? They started a little vintage section of their mag so prospective gear-buyers could compare new/old gear merely on the basis of sonics. The Dynaco did quite well as I remember. They chose the term "Classics" for the...
  13. Tonto Yoder

oooooh THOR...this just isn't right....

I came from Ohio where it did indeed get cold, but I've become a girlie-man since moving to Florida. Gotta go bust up some more Cerwin-Vegas--the insects are getting cold. Glad these speakers are so cheap.:)
  14. Tonto Yoder

Thanks, there are times when my stereo sounds especially good late at night; I've read the explanation for this as the lack of all that electrical activity going on elsewhere. I've asked my neighbors to restrict their electrical activity to 10:00am and 2:00 pm, but so far they are uncooperative.:)
  15. Tonto Yoder

Is This Good Speaker Wire?

Shielding Isn't shielding more for interconnects where the signal is smaller and more susceptible to EMI/RFI???? http://www.tweakshop.com/TGInterconnects.html In the above link, the speaker cables don't mention shielding but the interconnects offer it. I seem to remember Crump advising...
  16. Tonto Yoder

Thatch, which isolation transformer do you use??? Earlier in my audio life I had a Parasound 1000A that developed a transformer hum. I took it back to the dealer where it DIDN"T hum. Parasound suggested an isolation transformer, but I could never decide just how to buy one--there are some on...
  17. Tonto Yoder

Name that tune...part 2

For bonus points, what classical work is included in Sting's "Russians"??
  18. Tonto Yoder

Works of Art ? What do you Think

Mike, that one little tube looks so lonely by itself; couldn't you glue some others on there even if they're not functional??:)
  19. Tonto Yoder

6922/6DJ8 Microphonics

Sigmund, I have a little bit left of the Unobtanium tweak if you want to sprinkle some around your listening room.:)
  20. Tonto Yoder

ve, I've realized my question wasn't as clear as it shouldn't have been. Actually, I've received an e-mail from aslgroup which distributes Nott' in the US: "The Spacedeck Heavy Kit is an upgrade to the 7/8" thick graphite record mat used in the top Nottingham models. It replaces the foam mat...
  21. Tonto Yoder

Klipschorns- $19.95 on eBay!!

Some assembly required-- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3001210891&category=3276
  22. Tonto Yoder

vinylengine, the updated site seems much easier to navigate. BTW, in the pic below of the Nottingham table, the very upper part of the platter is the Spacedeck heavy kit??? (i.e. 7/8 inch of carbon fiber that Nott retails for $1000). I've tried finding info on the aslgroup site, but their...
  23. Tonto Yoder

oooooh THOR...this just isn't right....

Akshobvaraja, can you believe this whining??? Akshob, these guys don't KNOW what cold is!! 40 degrees in Florida is much worse than anything Maine can produce. I've been burning old speaker boxes just to stay warm: Cerwin-Vegas seem to give off the best warmth.:)
  24. Tonto Yoder

Hi-fi nirvana under $1,000?

Wave 8 reviews: Indeed, enjoy the music reviews the waves as part of a $1000 recmmended system that includes the Moth Cicadas (a high-efficiency single driver speaker designed for low watt amps like the Waves). It's on the 'net somewhere. Also, Listener reviewed the Waves and gave a very...
  25. Tonto Yoder

John Coltrane

The famous Miles quote on Coltrane There'a a Coltrane documentary that plays sometimes on stations like Bravo/ A&E. Coltrane was beginning his exploration of long improvisations while playing with Miles, and the length was eating up how many tunes could be played in a live set. Coltrane...
Back
Top Bottom