Search results

1. bigshawn

Marantz bulbs resource?

That's what I am hoping to do. Thanks I'll get in contact with him.
  2. bigshawn

Marantz bulbs resource?

Looking to do the lamps in both my Marantz units...2285 and 2238. Where is the best place to get replacement bulbs for them. I'm not sure I want to mess around with making them LED. But if I do, where is a good place to get those?
  3. bigshawn

PE2020L lubrication questions

Well I finally got the table together and running with a donor part from dbxdx5. Motor runs with no issues, but all the other mechanisms are in desperate need of lubrication. They are dry and don't function without help and I don't want to break something because they're not lubed! 1 - what...
  4. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

That's not horrible knowing that it was in pretty bad shape from the start. Mine is in great shape barring the two busted parts. I wouldn't mind having someone knowledgeable going over it so it lasts. I'll have to contact him to see what he thinks. But first I am going to see if dbxdx5 has...
  5. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

Thanks for the tip Dave. How much did it cost you to have him get it up and running?
  6. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

This is the lever I'm talking about, for raising and lowering the arm. I can use the nub that is there if needed. I was also thinking that I can drill into the plastic and glue a metal pin/rod in there to make it longer if needed.
  7. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

So I was able to fix the part using JB Weld. It held up very well and looks like it will last, but unfortunately the same part broke just about 1 cm further up the arm. Looks like it's just a bad cast part. It about broke my heart when it happened. Dammit! I have attached a photo with the...
  8. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

Oh yeah, and it was a single clean break, so I'm crossing my finger that the JB Weld will work.
  9. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

Thanks for the tip on JB Weld and the advice on the table. I think I want to get it running and take any future breaks as the come. I only have $25 into it right now, so as long as I am not getting crazy with replacing parts I'll just ride it until it can't be fixed or something better crosses...
  10. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

Bump.....nothing?
  11. bigshawn

PE 2020L Help

I picked up a PE 2020L in great condition (I'll post overall pics later). The table turned when I bought it, but when I was running it at home, it started to make a noise. When I opened it up I noticed that the idler wheel seemed loose. Upon further inspection I found that the idler wheel arm...
  12. bigshawn

Acoustic Research XB turntable

Any advice or how to's on relaxing the XB arm with a Technics 1200? Is it a bolt in place kinda thing or is there a lot of reworking to do?
  13. bigshawn

Acoustic Research XB turntable

Hey guys. Picked an AR XB table yesterday. It's missing some stuff but the motor works and its got the headshell with and Empire cartridge on it. I kinda bought it to sell as parts since stuff was missing, but now I am thinking of fixing it up. Now to thes issues....the wires from the tone...
  14. bigshawn

Help identify Epi model

He gave me a third of my money (which seems fair). But the problem is where can I find another one at that cost. Only ones I see for sale are in pairs and about 3x the cost of what I paid for two. I'll try to put up pics tonight.
  15. bigshawn

Help identify Epi model

I got the tweeters today and was so excited to get home and install them. Unfortunately one of the tweeters was damaged in shipping. It appears the magnet pulled away from the backing board and crushed the inverted cone and tthe voice coil! Now I am back on the hunt for a third tweeter...
  16. bigshawn

Help identify Epi model

I found someone selling 3 tweeters on ebay for 10 a piece, so I pulled the trigger on these yesterday. I haven't had time to hook them up and listen yet. Might not happen until I get back in town from Easter visiting. Those speakers are heavy! I didnt notice that they are made with 1 inch...
  17. bigshawn

ADC 404 cuties

I had a pair of those. They do sound amazing for a little box. But word to the wise, do not try to open them up. They are sealed shut with some kind of black tar. Great little book shelf speakers.
  18. bigshawn

Help identify Epi model

I went to take a look at them today. The cabinets were in decent condition with only a few dings. The speaker grills (masonite) would need to be remade - maybe could reuse the cloth. But he still wanted 50 for them without the correct tweeters. By the time I replaced the 3 tweeters, it would...
  19. bigshawn

Help identify Epi model

Besides being warm sounding, any opinion on them? I will be able to test them before I buy, but someone replaced 3 of the 4 airspring tweeters. Fortunately there seem to be some on ebay right now.
  20. bigshawn

Help identify Epi model

Does anyone know what model Epi speakers are the ones in the back left corner with the rounded front edge? I think they have two woofers and two tweeters. One set facing up and the other set facing out.
  21. bigshawn

Epi 150/2

Thanks for all the input, if I pick them up, I'll report back.
  22. bigshawn

Epi 150/2

I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of EPI 150/2 (the triangle shaped ones). I haven't listened to them yet. But I was wondering if anyone had an opinion or info on them. thanks.
  23. bigshawn

DCM Time Windows

I might be able to patch one of them, but rest needs foam. Looks like someone cut at them. But for $10, I couldn't pass them up. I love my Time Frames and really wanted to find a pair of these. Looks like mine are an earlier version with the foam wrap around them. They kinda look crudely...
  24. bigshawn

DCM Time Windows

I came across a pair of DCM Time Windows (either 1's or 1a's) today for cheap. But there are issues - first the fabric was missing from both speakers. But more importantly the butyl surrounds on the woofers were messed up with small rips. Has anyone ever done surrounds on these? How...
  25. bigshawn

Electrovoice Interface B series IV

Is the driver working or does it just need refoaming? I did pick up a pair and absolutely love them. The bass they can produce can shake the walls. They do sound quite amazing. I would definitely spend the money getting them back up and running. As to the foam around the tweeter, someone...
Back
Top Bottom