Sweet!
  2. tim_j_thomas

Today's classical playlist

3. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

On vinyl:
  4. tim_j_thomas

Linn Dust Cover

Any thoughts on where to pick up an inexpensive replacement LP12 dust cover? Thanks, Tim
  5. tim_j_thomas

What Was The Best Audio Deal You Ever Made?

Linn Sondek LP12 & 500 records for $500. The Linn was in perfect shape!
  6. tim_j_thomas

PHK Record Cleaning Machine

I recently came across a post on Vinyl Engine on the PHK Record Cleaning Machine. For less than $200 it looked like a pretty good deal. Mine arrived about a month ago, and I've used it to clean about 60 records so far, and couldn't be happier. I'd suggest taking a look. Their website is...
  7. tim_j_thomas

Audiokarma Festival photos needed

Grumpy, Feel free to download any of the photos you want at: http://picasaweb.google.com/timjthomas/AKFest2009# -Tim
  8. tim_j_thomas

NEWBIE report from AKFEST 09

Here are the pictures I took. http://picasaweb.google.com/timjthomas/AKFest2009#
  9. tim_j_thomas

NEWBIE report from AKFEST 09

As a relative newbie as well ... here are some quick comments! I spent all day Sunday the show and visited every room - some for only a few minutes. My favorite rooms were Salk and Fritz Loudspeakers. In the Salk room, all of the speakers sounded great, but I actually preferred the...
  10. tim_j_thomas

Fritz Loudspeakers

Listened to Diana Krall - Live in Paris, Beethoven's 5th & 6th Symphonies - Gardiner, CSN - Debut Album, & Raising Sand by Plant & Krauss. Only with Beethoven's 5th did I A/B between the Arro's and Carbon 7's. The larger drivers in the Carbon 7's definitely help with the dynamics of a full...
  11. tim_j_thomas

Fritz Loudspeakers

Agreed! You really can't beat the price for the performance. Several speaker manufacturers use the same drivers and price their speakers at several thousand dollars. There's no big mark-up here--just honest to goodness great speaker design at a great price!
  12. tim_j_thomas

Fritz Loudspeakers

Hi All, Just thought I'd drop a note and mention that Fritz dropped off a pair of Carbon 7's for me to listen to for a few weeks. I listened a bit on Friday (~1.5 hours) and Saturday (~7 hours), but so far I like what I'm hearing. Compared to my Totem Arro's, Fritz' Carbon 7s sound fuller and...
  13. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

Bach Toccatas, Vol 1 - Glen Gould
  14. tim_j_thomas

Today's Blues Playlist

The Allman Brothers - Live at Filmore East
  15. tim_j_thomas

Ok here's a challenge- what do you think is the best bookshelf for under 300 bucks?

I bet that Fritz (www.fritzspeakers.com) could make something for you.
  16. tim_j_thomas

Fritz Loudspeakers

Any additional thoughts out there? Thanks, Tim
  17. tim_j_thomas

Today's classical playlist

Debussy: Images I/Images II/Children's Corner by Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli
  18. tim_j_thomas

Fritz Loudspeakers

Thanks for the replies so far. I have spoken with Fritz and will be demoing at least one pair of his speakers in my home for a couple of weeks (at least) before making any decision. I was looking more at his Excel or Carbon 7 speakers rather than is single driver speakers -- although I may try...
  19. tim_j_thomas

Fritz Loudspeakers

I've done quite a bit of reading, and it appears that Fritz' speakers are pretty well liked. I currently have Totem Arro's, but I'd like to upgrade to something that provides more presence, better detail -- in general something that would outperform the Arro's. For those that have heard...
  20. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

Beethoven Symphony #1 - Karl Bohm
  21. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

Chopin: Etudes/Preludes/Polonaises - Pollini
  22. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
  23. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

24. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

It took some time to find a picture of this one. Very nice if you can find it! Luigi Boccherini - Six Quintets for Flute & Strings, Op. 17 Rod Stewart - The Rod Stewart Album
  25. tim_j_thomas

Vinyl only spin list

Chicago's Greatest Hits And an oldie. I wonder how many of you have heard this!!! The Bob Seger System - Mongrel
Back
Top Bottom