Search results

1. sansuibutch

Kenwood KR-6050 output transistor substitute.

I did think thr set in this with the clear thermal paste was original because I've never seen anyone use it after initial assembly. I've just never seen ones like this. I'm very familiar with the case style, just the labeling. maybe they were made by sylvania, idk.
  2. sansuibutch

It looks like d745 and b705 is what kenwood used in these receivers. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
  3. sansuibutch

I have a mr6050 on my bench and it has a bad channel. This kenwood has had a rough life. I dont think any of the ouput transistors in this are from the factory. I read up on replacement/substitute's here on audiokarma and didnt look like there is a standard go to for these now that supliers...
  4. sansuibutch

DBX Driverack 260 auto eq question

Did you ever get the correct mic? One of my buddies has one of these hes telling me they are a must have for the rta and tuning and such. I want to try one as I'm sure I can use some tuning for the room and the such. I've heard from him and others they can make a substantial difference in any...
  5. sansuibutch

Crest audio vs450 main filter caps.

Well weirdly enough I came across another one of these amps for just about free. This one actually worked but the filter caps were leaking electrolytic fluid. I ordered eight caps that are 12000uf and 80v for the two amps. I replaced them and both amps work great. I do see these amps look to...
  6. sansuibutch

Tang band speaker question.

Since I cant find out exactly what drivers these are in just gonna us these specs and hope it works out. Can anyone tell me by looking at this how many cubic feet or inches the cabinets would need to roughly be?. Figure each cabinet will hold five of these speakers.
  7. sansuibutch

Help identifying electrovoice woofer.

Yes the foam surround on these is unique for ev. But I'm pretty sure these were built for there own gear. The cab has two of these woofers and a xeq504 crossover wich I'm guessing was for a horn mounted on top.
  8. sansuibutch

Help identifying electrovoice woofer.

Does anyone know what model woofer this is? I'm pretty positive it's an ev woofer. It has a foam surround.
  9. sansuibutch

Sansui au9900a question about parts needed.

I have a au9900a that is missing both of the amp boards/heatsinks that hold the output transistors. My question is does anyone know if the amp boards/heatsinks out of the au9900 are the same?. I see the output transistors are different between the au9900 and au9900a. I'm just wondering if the...
  10. sansuibutch

Does anyone recognize these speakers?

Yes these are very interesting. The midrange looks like a very nice driver. I've heard of foster or fostex. Are they one and the same?
  11. sansuibutch

I pulled the wiofer today to try to move these mids to the face of the cabs and possibly replace the electrolytic caps. The xover says AMS enterprises. Has anyone heard of them
  12. sansuibutch

I noticed the mids are rear mounted also. And your damn right about the screws coming through, there is no way that would fly. I refoamed the woofers though, the foam on them was gone. You would think there would be three or four holes from the original midrange in the routered out area as the...
  13. sansuibutch

These look to be well built and finished. The peerless tweeters and nice mids (not sure on make) make me feel like they weren't some box store garbage but I cant tell. There is no name on them. I wired them up and they are mid heavy. If I play with the eq I can get some very decent sound from...
  14. sansuibutch

Klipsch heresy 4mh inductors?

Thanks to Deang for the inductors. The speakers are now singing like they should. Here is the old inductors. Idk who could have put this one in and been happy with the results.
  15. sansuibutch

I do have a lcr meter. I also have replaced the 33uf capacitors. I checked and double checked everything and am 100 percent positive on the inductor being wrong. Also I can tell the original was removed, by the looks of it when somone replaced it they screwed it down closer to the center of the...
  16. sansuibutch

Yes they both have a 33uf capacitor and then both say E-2 on them.. il dig for some 4mh inductors with dcr close to .44. Thank you
  17. sansuibutch

I'm recapping and replacing tweeter diaphrams in a buddies set of heresy. Well I finished the project and gave them a listen. The low end sound completely different from one speaker to the other. After racking my brain trying to figure out what is going on I came to the conclusion that one...
  18. sansuibutch

baldwin pc-40

So I'm thinking about building two of these into a stereo amplifier (new chassis) or a set of monoblocks. One of my buddies has a guy that can handle the task but he says it's not really worth the time. Well k can build a nice chassis and clean up the transformers and mount tube sockets and so...
  19. sansuibutch

Testing jfets with cheap tester?

Yes I am very excited to get a listen for sure. It only has a few mv of offset and seems very stable. Fingers crossed and time will tell.
  20. sansuibutch

The amp is a acoustic research d-110b. The guy who designed the new am-1 and am-2 boards told me he put the pinout on the boards. When I installed all the transistors there was one square pad for each of the three pads on the boards for the transistors. I figured the square pads were for...
  21. sansuibutch

So I stopped over my buddies and put these on his dca75 and they both tested good. Now I'm really lost .
  22. sansuibutch

Well I just ran the ohm test on a different meter and they both pass. Then I switched back to the first meter and they both pass but the one that is suspect the resistance reading just keeps bouncing around. One of my buddies has a dca75 maybe il stop by his place in a bit. Really suxks when you...
  23. sansuibutch

Well the one that read weird didnt ohm out like footfungus said they should. The other one does. So I'd put money on the fact that the one is bad. Specially because that side of the circuit wasnt working right.
  24. sansuibutch

I tried that and now resistance between outler legs just goes up and up. Has me wondering if when I first tried it one probe was touching the center lead. Ya if that's what there supposed to measure mine is bad.
Back
Top Bottom