Search results

1. madwing

New 800B

hand-touchable for an extended period.
  2. madwing

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

my first car was a 62 valiant v200 2-door hardtop. still the best car i ever had.
  3. madwing

is that valiant 2- or 4-door?
  4. madwing

New 800B

nice. like bhamham mine is on nearly every day.
  5. madwing

Fisher Amp ID (11/23)

you get them?
  6. madwing

Fisher Amp ID (11/23)

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/pilot_aa_410aa41.html https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/pilot_aa_904aa90.html aa904 has a taller base.
  7. madwing

Fisher Amp ID (11/23)

that looks like a pilot aa-410a.
  8. madwing

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

that ellington indigos album is brilliant.
  9. madwing

Fisher TA-600 Enclosure

are they custom jobs or otherwise? because from what i've researched they've labelled three different cabinets, the ta-6, ta-8, and ta-10. the 20-u is supposed to be the same size as the ta-10, or 16 15/16 x 4 13/16 x 13 3/4, according to the attached file. the ta-6 is 17 3/4 x 5 1/2 x 13 3/4...
  10. madwing

Fisher TA-600 Enclosure

steve, the x1000 integrated used the ta-10 cabinet, or the 20u. both larger than the ta-8 or ta-6 cabinets. the 500b and 800b take the same ta-10 and 20u cabinets, though my spreadsheet shows they also used a 30u cabinet... the u-signified cabinets were walnut or mahogany, or blonde (which i...
  11. madwing

Fisher TA-600 Enclosure

gadget, the case for the ta-600 was the ta-6, and the case for the ta-800 was the ta8. the ta-8 is a bigger receiver, so it got a slightly bigger case. the ta-6 also fits the 202-t preamp-tuner. both ta- cases are metal wrapped in "leatherette".
  12. madwing

someone who doesn’t know shit from shinola?
  13. madwing

800B and 500B acquisitions

when i redid the cam caps on my 800b i found using bag ties (paper covered wire like when you buy bulk at the market) work well to hold wires far enough away to not hit them with the soldering iron.
  14. madwing

Happy Birthday madwing!

thanks, all. it has been beautiful...different parties since friday, and a trip to my hometown to see a soccer match and a bunch of friends and family through this week. then blacksmithing on saturday! woohoo!
  15. madwing

Happy Birthday madwing!

thank you all!
  16. madwing

sounds good. i have to finish off a scott 299c restore, then i will pull the fisher and work on the tuner sections until they're right. i think i have a 2.3K in mine, can't remember, but the tubes bias at the cool side of things, so it's fine. sounds delicious.
  17. madwing

my executive 800b is our daily driver. still have to deal with the tuner section.
  18. madwing

How To Figure Value Of A Statue

looks like 1892-1915 timeframe. you'd have to determine if it was actually bronze, or spelter painted to look like bronze. looks like the latter to me. http://iantiqueonline.ning.com/photo/fabrication-francaise-paris-made-in-paris-france
  19. madwing

The TA-800 model doesn't get much attention

steve, that's just excellent stuff. i have a ta-600 in the stack awaiting restoration, and cannot wait to compare it with my 800b and 800c. finding a ta-800 anymore is needle/haystack stuff.
  20. madwing

Help with identification of Fisher Amplifiers

@dcgillespie will tell you NOT to move any of the wires inside the chassis. keep them running with all weird bends and oddness. apparently they were tweaked to sound their best with the wires done the way they came from the factory (lowering interference, or something, but with the search...
  21. madwing

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

yeah, don't be ditching that board: https://www.ebay.com/itm/313418343772 those also look like tracker trucks.
  22. madwing

Fair restoration cost for a Sansui AU-517?

i worked with qrx a couple months ago, and it took a bit of time, but am added to their queue to be called for shipping the unit sometime in the fall. then six months to restore. it's a 9090 that i want to have soup to nutsed...looks like close to a grand plus shipping to and fro.
  23. madwing

Fisher 500c with sub

can you use the shield and signal paths of a chopped off rca cable to connect to the common/signal screws on the back of the unit?
  24. madwing

Fisher Consoles

the statesman 1010 came with twin model 100 mono amps and the 202t preamp-tuner.
  25. madwing

Fisher 800b Lives Again!

nice! we listen to ours daily.
Back
Top Bottom