Search results

1. BSpaaudio

White Plains, NY

Anyone live in White Plains? I'm looking at a piece of gear, a preamp and tuner actually, and looking for someone that could pick it up and hold it for a month or two until I travel that way. I am three hours north of White Plains
  2. BSpaaudio

From Long Island to upstate NY Albany/Saratoga area

Anyone travelling from Long Island to Albany/Saratoga?. I have a piece of gear on Long Island that I am buying from a friend and it needs to come upstate.
  3. BSpaaudio

Central NJ, Metuchen to Albany, NY area Saratoga

Anybody driving from NJ to upstate NY? I'm looking to have a small amplifier picked up in NJ and delivered upstate NY. Thanks, Russ
  4. BSpaaudio

Any Shindo gurus here?

I'm considering the purchase of a 2004 Shindo Apetite integrated amp. The early Apetite had no cage or cover and the two knobs were in the center of the chassis. At some point, the Apetite changed and was updated with a cage/cover and the two control knobs moved to the right side of the...
  5. BSpaaudio

California Audio Labs CL-15

Recently picked one of these up and the owner said it sat in storage for a few years. When I plugged it in, it played the cd inside but the drawer would not open. I was able to open up the unit and get cd out and then the open/close seemed to work fine for five or six cds. Then one got stuck...
  6. BSpaaudio

Marantz repair and wlhd1610

Has anyone heard from Bob? He specializes in Marantz repair. Two years ago he repaired a Sansui AU-717 for me. I'm trying to get in touch with him but he has not logged into AK since early December. Thanks
  7. BSpaaudio

To buy or not to buy, Sansui SP-300 speakers

Thanks for the responses. Last night I brought a Dynaco SCA-35 amp and a cd player to the seller's house. I hooked up everything and hit play. At first all seemed well, the speakers sounded fine. But then I put an ear up to each speaker. Everything worked on the first speaker but on the second...
  8. BSpaaudio

One more, does anyone know the sensitivity rating?
  9. BSpaaudio

Thanks for the replies. Will definitely test before buying. And what material are the surrounds for the woofers?
  10. BSpaaudio

The speakers are near mint condition and the seller is asking $100. They are not hooked up to anything at the moment so no chance to demo them. Are they worth getting? Thanks
  11. BSpaaudio

Browning FM Multiplex Receiver

Anyone use one of these or familiar with it? From what I've researched it turns a mono FM tuner into stereo. It was used back int he early 1960s when FM was new and tuners were mono. I picked this up along with a Dynaco Dynatuner FM 1 and some other gear. Thanks
  12. BSpaaudio

Sherwood score and Dynaco SCA-35 vs Sherwood S5500IV

So I scored three Sherwood pieces for $20.00 each. I've sold off the Sherwood S-1000 II amp and S-2000 tuner. But I may keep the S-5500IV amp. My question is, which amp has the better phono section, the Dynaco or the S5500IV? The problem with the S5500IV is that I suspect the volume on/off...
  13. BSpaaudio

La Scalas for 1k

Thanks for the replies. And the pair I'm looking at are the flat or Industrial black version..
  14. BSpaaudio

La Scalas for 1k

I have a chance to buy a pair of La Scalas for 1k. Based on the serial #s the speakers date to 1989, which I believe is thee AL-3 crossover. I have not heard them yet but I'm told everything works. The downside is that they are black. Cosmetically they are in decent shape. Decent deal for...
  15. BSpaaudio

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Jacques Loussier Trio
  16. BSpaaudio

Northeast area to Terry DeWick - Knoxville, TN

Anybody with Mac gear going to Terry DeWick - Knoxville, TN? I'm frequently traveling between VT, NY and NJ. I could meet someone if they are headed to Knoxville.
  17. BSpaaudio

Juliana Hatfield - Pussycat released on American Laundromat Records, pressed by the Burlington Record Plant on a Dual 1219 and Shure M91 ED cart
  18. BSpaaudio

What are you drinking now?

Time to put on a Beatles album...
  19. BSpaaudio

James Ferraro Human Story 3 - an indie record pressed by the Burlington Record Plant in clear vinyl, played on my Dual 1219 serviced by Seth aka, NoTransistors
  20. BSpaaudio

I'm not sure I will ever understand the various metal genres, this one is "Sludge Metal" - Sludge metal is a subgenre of Metal that combines the slow, dark instrumentals and atmosphere of Doom Metal with the aggressive, harsh screams and shouts credited to Hardcore Punk. A typical sludge song...
  21. BSpaaudio

I have no idea what I am listening to! I get these records from the Burlington Record Plant in Burlington, VT. Many are test presses and the testing of new colors. This record is electronica but I have not idea on the artist. Played on a Technics SL-1200 MK2 with a Denon DL-110, sounds great.
  22. BSpaaudio

What are you drinking now?

Focal Banger from the Alchemist and Doppelganger from Tree House Brewing Co.
  23. BSpaaudio

Huntsmen, American Scrap From their bandcamp site - "Huntsmen Much like Dylan, Springsteen and Waits, Chicago's Americana metal outfit, Huntsmen, continue the long standing tradition of storytelling in their music. Huntsmen just do it with volume higher and more metallic grit." Very cool white...
  24. BSpaaudio

Out of Boston, MA - Speedfossil - A special LP pressing of You're So Next! by Speedfossil on audiophile clear, class 1, grade A vinyl. Featuring 10 newly mastered mixes just for LP! Pressed in Burlington, VT by the Burlington Record Plant
  25. BSpaaudio

Lady Legs from Auburn, Alabama on red vinyl. Pressed in Burlington, VT by the Burlington Record Plant - check out the colors, combos and splatter designs that they can press - https://www.instagram.com/burlingtonrecordplant/
Back
Top Bottom