Search results

1. F

The Klipsch Five's

Interesting. Two different people on that forum complained about vocals/voices/dialogue being buried by the bass and are unclear. Otherwise they said the sound was fantastic. I asked if they tried other sources than ARC and apparently it's not related to ARC, and they seem to be blaming the...
  2. F

The Klipsch Five's

There is a thread on the Klipsch Community Forum where a couple of folks have the Fives and are using them to replace their TV built-in speakers (via HDMI ARC), and are complaining that it is not reproducing voices well; the speech apparently isn't as intelligible as the built-in speakers. Have...
  3. F

Thought Forte III’s were distorting

Best response here! I have a brother-in-law with Meniere's disease, and had some of the symptoms described. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menieres-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20374910
  4. F

I love my new Cornwalls

I have Heresy IIIs, and would love the Cornwalls. The cost is not an issue. Heck, I'd even go for La Scalas. So why don't I have them? The wife. She even considers the Heresies to be " huge and ugly". To her, the most desirable speakers are those horrid little white Bose cubes. I know, I know...
  5. F

Klipsch and solid state McIntosh amps?

For some reason, I'm now hungry for burgers!
  6. F

NAD moving away from Class AB Amps?

And the C328 Class D "replacement" for the C326BEE has worse distortion and S/N specs.
  7. F

I hardly think that audio amplifier power consumption differences would make a large difference such that we should eliminate Class AB. You must really hate SET amps! Know how much power is used to charge a smartphone? My Nokia lasted a week on one charge. And the environmental impact of mining...
  8. F

Would that mean you're also ok with discontinuing turntables? How about tube amps? An audiophile world of Hypex Class D modules and digital streams would be pretty boring...progress, I suppose...
  9. F

Sure looks like NAD has discontinued the C326BEE. Doesn't seem to be available new on any site. Glad I got mine this year...
  10. F

Apparently this is the case. Their C328 page says "Since moving away from old-fashioned linear power supplies and Class AB output stages, NAD has developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages." And, Crutchfield says that the C326BEE Class...
  11. F

Klipsch Heresy I, II, or III looking for opinions

Wow, didn't realize how old this thread is! Crazy!
  12. F

No, you didn't, but repeating it doesn't help your case. Tell you what - you tell me your favorite speaker, and I'll tear it apart, how's that?
  13. F

Kasual Klipsch Enkounters

Yep. Young folks want to open a Google Home/Apple HomePod/Sonos, plop it down and stream to it. They're not even bothered that it's mono, unless you buy two, which people generally don't do. I have Heresys. I'm thankful that I could actually afford Cornwalls, LaScalas, or even K-horns, but the...
  14. F

I do agree with you on all counts - 1) I listen to acoustic bass and not anything electronically synthesized, nor do I listen to pipe organs, and 2) True - I have not listened to speakers that have more bass extension, but I've sure heard plenty of booming boxes that folks consider as having...
  15. F

For those who keep saying the Heresy is bass shy, I just played a CD of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6 - Myung-Whun Chung/Seoul Philharmonic on DG and the bass drum hits in the coda of the 3rd movement...wow! I highly recommend this performance and recording. And it sounded great on my IIIs with...
  16. F

NAD 316BEE vs. 326BEE

I finally got the 326BEE to pair with my Klipsch Heresy IIIs. While I can't do an A/B/X comparison, my impressions are a) a fuller bass response, and b) a less harsh midrange than my cheap Sony receiver. One thing about the design is that it seems the output level seems to top out at 12 o'clock...
  17. F

Klipsch La Scala’s

The pre-requisite is that you're a single guy living alone in your own home. No wife I know would let this near their house...
  18. F

Cheap vs. Quality Amplifier Designs

Oh believe me, I looked at First Watt. For years, I have had deep respect for Nelson Pass and his minimalistic Zen-like Class-A designs. But $4,000 (not including a preamp) is quite a bit out of my price range. It's ironic that such simple designs with such few components cost so much...
  19. F

In my case, I have one pair of very efficient speakers (99dB/1W/1m) so there's no issue with clipping or driving hard or difficult loads or anything like that. I just want possibly better sound.
  20. F

Thanks for the reply. I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy IIIs. For the most part they sound great with the Sony, but with some types of music they sound a bit harsh in the mids, like what anti-horn people would say. I keep hearing that these speakers do best with a certain class of amps - tubes...
  21. F

Thanks this makes sense - inadequate power supplies and filtering!
  22. F

I'm trying to learn about amplifiers and what makes a quality amp vs. a low-quality amp. I've got a 15 year old "mid-fi" Sony receiver (STR-DE305) - a typical 100wpc BestBuy unit that any true audiophile would scoff at. Now, I want to learn why this is a "mid-fi" - what is it about the design...
  23. F

Fluoroscan meaning

Thanks for the insight and correction! It's appreciated... I guess a follow-on question would be why DC-DC converters fail with age...capacitors? Every fluorescent display I've ever had gets about a decade of use before it dims or gets banding on the display.
  24. F

Fluoroscan meaning

Fluorescent displays suck. They look very cool when you first buy them, then over years they lose vacuum and get dimmer and dimmer and look terrible. Now my oven, microwave, Bose Wave clock radio, etc. are all working perfectly fine - except for the sucky displays that are getting harder and...
  25. F

NAD 316BEE vs. 326BEE

Thanks again! Your expert input is very helpful...
Back
Top Bottom