Search results

1. G

Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

Audio is subjective. Hey Hifijeff, I like the sta200 a lot. Mine seems to run hot. Is that normal?
  2. G

Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

I picked up the STA-200 and Nuforce WDC200 DAC. Very happy with the sound. Paired with Dynaudio Focus 160.
  3. G

Volt+ D vs NuForce STA200

I am now a huge fan of Nuforce. I picked up a demo DDA 120 from audio advisor for a little over 200 dollars shipped. I stole it. At first impression sounds better than the vista audio spark I just bought. And I love that spark.
  4. G

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

I have a 6j1 tube preamp that has the tone controls and blue tooth connected to an emotiva A-100 BasX and Elac unifi UB5 speakers. It sounds better than my Mac 4100 with Kef ls 50’s and to my ears it’s not even close. I keep the tone controls flat. The Mac had been serviced at audio classics and...
  5. G

Allo Boss 1.2 Player Network Music Player Get Started

Thanks for the assistance everyone.
  6. G

i thanks for the reply. It comes with dietpi on the Sd card. I don’t know how to access the os. Use Ethernet cable and plug into computer?
  7. G

Hi. I bought me an Allo Boss player from Allo.com. Problem is, I have no idea how to get this thing going. How to make my iPhone control it. I realize it needs to be connected to an amplifier. Plug in. Connect to amp. Then what?
  8. G

Mac 4100 Thrift Store Find. Pix fixed!

Send to audioclassics I say. The tuner is fantastic.
  9. G

Craig's list warning

This scammer has been at it for years. I first noticed an ad a few years ago which had a pic from a recent eBay sale. Anyway, you’ll never be able to demo his stuff because it’s all fictitious. He always has great stuff for around $300. It was his fathers. Blah blah blah.
  10. G

People...stupidity...and selling HiFi

As a buyer, I have responded to meet with sellers who over sold their stuff. "It's is superb condition". Only to see it's not so great. Everyone's time wasted.
  11. G

Todays METAL playlist

Judas Priest - Delivering the Goods I wish I had bought more Judas Priest back in the day.
  12. G

Todays METAL playlist

Not metal by today's definition. Back then perhaps. I don't consider Deep Purple or Led Zepplin metal either. But in the 70's they and Black Sabbath were the trinity of British Heavy Metal. I think now the emphasis is less on Heavy and more on Metal.
  13. G

Todays METAL playlist

Just discovered Black Sabbath Dehumanizer album. I was exploring classical music when this came out. Pretty good stuff with Dio.
  14. G

Harman Kardon AVR 7200 questions

I had one of these from around 2003 to around 2010. At the end I was using for 2 channel. Really sounded great. I paid around 800 dollars for it. Supposedly msrp was around 1700 dollars. I think I may have got it when they were closing them out. It developed a static and I took it to he wrong...
  15. G

How do YOU folks connect an iPhone/iPod to your vintage receiver?

Audioengine B1 Bluetooth DAC works really nice for me.
  16. G

Should I buy Marantz 2225 with display issue?

That looks like a great deal you got there. I would find a tech in your area who has experience with vintage electronics and have them good through it. There are probably a few caps needing replacement. I have a 2225 as well and I like it a lot.
  17. G

<$100 Speaker Challenge!

KLH 5, 6 DCM TF
  18. G

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

KEF LS50 with MAC4100. The best sound I've ever owned. The 4100 was gone thru by Audio Classics and it exceeds specs.
  19. G

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

KEF LS50 Definitive Technology Mythos ST-L Elac uni-fi UB5
  20. G

Found near mint 2238, how much restoration would you do?

I'd likely have a qualified tech go through it, replace any bad caps, check the soldering, etc. if the unit is meeting factory specs probably no need for a recap. That's just me though.
  21. G

McIntosh 4100 speaker recommendations please

For a modern suggestion, I'm using KEF LS50's in a similar sized room, carpeted room with my 4100. No problem filling my room with quality sound. No need for a subwoofer if you were wondering.
  22. G

My first piece of McIntosh gear...A vintage 1900 receiver

The MAC 4100 may meet your needs. Does 100 WPC into 4 ohms. Some on these forums say they can power 3 pairs of 4 ohm speakers simultaneously. I have never tried it though.
  23. G

Oh yeah. I always check the volume to make sure no one turned it all the way up when I wasn't looking.
  24. G

I would recommend sending to Audio Classics for restoration if you want the best out of your 1900. Maybe they can hook you up with that bass button. I really like my 1900. These units have a known issue with the on/off volume pot going bad. I turn mine on with a power strip to avoid using it...
  25. G

Best vintage style floor speakers $150-300

Marantz DS 920. I picked up for 30 bucks. I had to spend 90 bucks for Dayton 12" woofers and 20 bucks for the woofer rings. Head to head with recapped KLH Model 5's the Marantz smoked the 5's. Much clearer, louder, better bass. Cabinet looks cooler too. I wish I had Glenn's woodworking skills...
Back
Top Bottom