Search results

1. Djcoolray

What’s your best low cost ‘woah’ moment?

Putting shag carpet on the walls to totally kill reflection... Now, i'm showing my age !!
  2. Djcoolray

JBL speakers are they really that good?

All speakers need a good match to equipment that is sending the signal to the crossover within the speaker.... There is a relationship between the output capacitors on the power board and the capacitors in the speaker crossover. Especially with sensitive speakers..... The JBL L-100 sounds...
  3. Djcoolray

Fixing a record scratch with.....

That's cool... I might try that on a rare Crosby, Stills and Nash ! Hows it hang'n in your neck of the woods ??
  4. Djcoolray

I'm turning in my keys.

Yah.... Thanks for keeping the lights on 'round here !!!
  5. Djcoolray

Vinyl...what a crazy medium

Yes, vinyl sounds incredible….. But…..what does it make you feel ? Try listening to vinyl on a really bad day.
  6. Djcoolray

What's your "go to song" to test bass in your rig?

J.S. Bach: Toccata and Fugue 1709 Nothing produces bass like a mid-evil steam organ, kind of shows a person what they don’t have in speaker capability and why a TOTL Yamaha EQ is necessary to tame down full spectrum speakers.
  7. Djcoolray

Coming to grips with poor quality records

Totally agree….. Then I’m so glad I spent the time doing the research online reading about who was doing the better recording and going going to the thrift shops picking up vinyl for almost nothing. Now a days, it seems that European recording houses seem to be more consistent in quality...
  8. Djcoolray

Any Love For Counting Crows?

GRUNGE…. LOVE IT…..ITS IN YOUR FACE ! It’s the expression of a generations that doesn’t sugar coat the content of a song. Because it’s their lives that has inspired them to write the music. It’s beyond the personal preferences of those that can afford better. As I’m writing this, I’m making...
  9. Djcoolray

Vacation pic...Yachats Oregon....

Driven through there many a time…..Oregonian here ! I grew up in the Salem/Eugene area with easy access to the Oregon coast via highway 20…. The best part of living on the coast is the horrific storms that pound the beach and leave the beach full of puddles with live crab that are not quite...
  10. Djcoolray

Which way? (poll)

So….. Do we put the cheese on the cracker……or the cracker on the cheese ??
  11. Djcoolray

Ruin A Movie Name With Just One Letter !

Fool Hand Luke
  12. Djcoolray

Too loud ? Walk out.

I feel for you…. Like, there are just so many ways an indoor venue can go wrong. Besides the increased reflection at high volume !! The big mouth I have, I’ve told proprietors of venues that the music sounds like shite and I was given the look and told to..”be my guest ! “ I’ve walked into...
  13. Djcoolray

'S' Blade Fuse Source For Mercedes?

I’d recommend benzworld.com
  14. Djcoolray

Flipping heck! What's the gripe?

Well… An argument objectively does not have to be agreed upon or disagreed upon if it is based upon facts. Like… The continual increase in inflated prices of anything related to stereo equipment as a variable to the continual increase over time is the popularity of said equipment and the...
  15. Djcoolray

Worst. Movie. Ever.

That efforts today by the majority of directors lack the intellectual artistic endeavors of accomplished directors during the late 1950’s through the 1990’s. Acting during the 30’s and 40’s was influenced by exaggerated gestures of the silent movie era which was conceptually resolved by the late...
  16. Djcoolray

Why are some vintage collectors/sellers absolutely unhinged?

Maybe asking for a list with prices……. If non is sent, then they are rip-off artists !!
  17. Djcoolray

Worst. Movie. Ever.

As far as movies go, check out the movies made from the 80’s through the 90’s. Do a google search, not just what you remember. Then checkout the reviews and ratings followed by a viewing of the b-rated for content and acting ability. B-rated comedy movies in the 80’s had a huge following that...
  18. Djcoolray

Speed Cameras Coming to I-83

I’d rather receive a ticket in the mail than be pulled over by a cop !!!
  19. Djcoolray

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Truthfully…. Long gone are the movies with all great talented actors and actresses. Worst movies, it’s like the revenge of the nerds became a standard of excellence with directors looking for people that are inept. Instead of the average person being depicted in a movie that has something...
  20. Djcoolray

Disaster movies.. Your first or best?

Terminator III
  21. Djcoolray

Replacement receiver volume knob

Look for an identical receiver that is being sold for parts….
  22. Djcoolray

Does Anyone Even Want an Electric Car?

If I had the house covered with solar panels with storage batteries and the hook-up to charge the car…yes ! Reason being, the technology is new and riddled with bugs. Then there is the cost of repairs, not everyone is an electrician so repairs are going to cost big time. Then there is the...
  23. Djcoolray

Why won't this woodstove draw like it used to?

As you said it…. Not that much smoke coming out the chimney ! Get up on the roof and use a flashlight; I’m figuring something crawled into the chimney to stay warm. Because, something is blocking the flow out the chimney. Georgia is not traditionally a cold place so animals aren’t use to the...
  24. Djcoolray

Why are vintage speaker prices so high right now?

I’m sorry, but that’s a presumption that so many people believe. It really depends on the signal over distortion rating of the amp when considering an amp with an ultra low amount of distortion being THD: 0.005%. I’m not talking 1970’s mid-fi here. Then the speakers are 105db 400 watt monsters...
  25. Djcoolray

Surgery!

I wish you a lot of luck, I hope you got your shots…..and a booster !!!
Back
Top Bottom