Search results

1. 1koolcat

Received my Koss Pro 4AA back from Koss.

Your experience has got me thinking - I believe I have an old pair of KOSS in storage that my father purchased around 50 years ago . . .
  2. 1koolcat

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

Technically speaking, the three are not all rudders. They are vertical stabilizers. The rudders can be seen on the outermost stabilizers.
  3. 1koolcat

New member in Minnesota

Welcome to AK, Joe. Just another audio enthusiast from Prior Lake.
  4. 1koolcat

Iowegian

Welcome aboard from another Minnesotan.
  5. 1koolcat

What's your latest audio purchase?

I picked up a new (to me) DAC setup for my living room system(s) - an M2TECH "YOUNG" DAC and matching "PALMER POWER STATION". Photo from the web until I can get my rack re-arranged to incorporate said DAC. I've been exploring more Hi-Rez recordings on QOBUZ the last few days watching the display...
  6. 1koolcat

Anti virus software for Windows 10 - any recommendations?

I've been using "ESET Internet Security" for a number of years. I'm protecting mainly WINDOWS 10 machines in my my home and work environments. I like how it looks out for dangerous URLs and other suspicious activity. I had a licensed copy on my father's machine as well - until he passed away at...
  7. 1koolcat

Newly acquired PILOT 230 integrated tube based amp

Thanks for the comments. @Mr Boochie - Actually, the amp came with three AMPEREX ECL86 and one MOTOROLA installed. The "extra" tubes was a set of four SIEMENS tubes in boxes. I currently have the SIEMENS installed. @tuberadios69 - No, I haven't opened the case to inspect the internals. My...
  8. 1koolcat

Newly acquired PILOT 230 integrated tube based amp

So I finally ran across a local deal on a small vacuum tube amp that looked like an opportunity for getting into the "push-pull" game. It's a diminutive PILOT RADIO CORP. model 230 stereo integrated amp. I bought it from another Twin Cities AK member about a month ago. The seller had recommended...
  9. 1koolcat

New here from Iowa

Welcome aboard, Chris. There are some very active AK members located in Iowa. Over the years I've met a fair number of them and enjoyed chatting about all things audio. Enjoy the ride! Peter W.
  10. 1koolcat

DAT Deck Repair

Yes, @slimenta although my inquiry had nothing to do with DAT decks. Eddie used to have a webpage on modifying ALESIS MASTERLINK digital recorders with removable hard drives or SSD drives and I think I asked for his assistance in modifying my own deck. I was happy to pay him for his services at...
  11. 1koolcat

DAT Deck Repair

I've consulted with Eddie Ciletti before on a DIY audio project. I believe he works on DAT decks. You can reach him through his website. The home page is: https://www.tangible-technology.com/index.html Good luck.
  12. 1koolcat

Not often seen pics of artists and celebs.

Having lived near Minneapolis during the time these photos were taken I can tell you this was the wall of SCHMIDT MUSIC COMPANY in downtown Minneapolis near the Nicollet Mall. Also around that time my sister worked at a bridal shop nearby so I was familiar with that musical backdrop. At the...
  13. 1koolcat

Not often seen pics of artists and celebs.

That looks like Grace Slick to me.
  14. 1koolcat

What's your latest audio purchase?

My first real tube amp - a vintage PILOT 230 integrated amp that I bought from local Ak-er @MNmarantz . First picture is the amp safely protected in the passenger footwell of my car. Next, a beauty shot on a table at home and lastly a topless (nudie) shot. I still need to hook it up to some...
  15. 1koolcat

1koolcat does the job right

A belated thank you for your kind words, @slow_jazz . I appreciate your feedback and am glad the mini-disk arrived safely.
  16. 1koolcat

1koolcat

A belated thank you, kind sir. I appreciate your feedback.
  17. 1koolcat

Kudos to 1koolcat

Wow! How did I miss this nice recommendation? Thank you, Joe! You are very kind. And, Andy - it's been a long time. Thanks for remembering me. @AndyB
  18. 1koolcat

He's 1koolcat!

Thank you for your feedback @eiraved . I appreciate it. I always pack items the way I'd like to receive them. And you sir, are very kind. @a_retent God bless.
  19. 1koolcat

Gnesen delivers sound deals.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of traveling to the home of AK member "Gnesen" to check out a pair of Klipsch KG 3.2 floor speakers for sale. A good friend was "klipsch-less" after selling a larger speaker pair due to space limitations in his living room. I introduced my friend to Clay and...
  20. 1koolcat

Checking out

I was saddened to read about your current health challenge. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but have watched close family members deal with declining health from various cancers in recent years. A friend's brother recently passed away from cancer and he was in his early 60's. Such a...
  21. 1koolcat

New from Kansas

Welcome, friend. I spent two years in Great Bend, KS as a young radio broadcaster a long, long time ago. And being from a small town near Minneapolis, Minnesota it did feel like I was in the middle of nowhere, so I can relate. Cheers.
  22. 1koolcat

tell us your street racing story!

EDIT: After further reflection I remembered a few more details, so I've edited my story. No embellishments - just a more accurate telling of the story. I have owned a few choice vehicles with "extra" horsepower over the years - including a 1992 M-B 500E (5.0L 322hp V8), a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger...
  23. 1koolcat

Ever run out of gas?

It was 1982 and I owned a little Toyota Corolla Liftback that got around 30mpg on the road. I was picking up some unused tickets for a modest concert my boss was putting on and tried to drive the whole route (through four states!) on a single tank. I got about 10 miles from home and the engine...
  24. 1koolcat

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

Am I the only one who clicked on the link expecting to see a FORD "Model A" body based aircraft? Hahaha!
  25. 1koolcat

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Joined Jan 6, 2007
Back
Top Bottom