Search results

1. Jon_J

Thank you Terry! E-mail on my birthday MC2155 repaired & C28 question

My MC2155 arrived from DeWick Repairs today and everything works fine. I just hooked up a CD player to it for now and it plays fine through my re-foamed "stereo store" built speakers. :) I previously removed the front glass, frame and knobs. There was some dirt between the blue plexiglass meter...
  2. Jon_J

Berners McIntosh website

Here ya go, this is what I found. It is a 3 page schematic
  3. Jon_J

Site and Forum questions

Thank you all! I just want to thank all of you that have replied! :) I realize not all forums are the same, and am very happy to have found this forum! :) Especially the "McIntosh" and "Speakers" section that has helped me with a whole lot of my research into 2 channel audio. Thank you...
  4. Jon_J

Site and Forum questions

Embedded pics I used to go to another forum for the Sharp Zaurus handheld devices, and that forum has little activity nowadays due to smartphones taking over the PDA market. Here is a post from 2006 that I made that still has the embedded image available. I just went there today. I am not sure...
  5. Jon_J

Site and Forum questions

Missing images Here's my question, In quite a few posts where technical details are referred to a picture or a drawing/diagram, the images are missing, why is that? I know the ones that have images from 10 years ago will probably be missing, but some of the posts I've read are only a half year...
  6. Jon_J

Site and Forum questions

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I could not find a forum subsection to ask questions about the way the forum software works. Is there a subsection where these questions are asked? Thank you, Jon
  7. Jon_J

MC2155 - Complete restore?

If anyone is interested, the MC2150 schematics are now in the database. It's shown on page 6 under McIntosh Amplifiers. For some reason it is out of sequence of alphabetical order and is not next to the MC2120 or MC2155. Jon
  8. Jon_J

I checked my MC2155 Faceplate backside closely under a lighted magnifier and didn't find any place where that piece would go. I also (during the same evening) removed the faceplate on my C28. I'll need to check my C28 when I remove the faceplate next time when I ship it to Terry after my...
  9. Jon_J

MC2155 Faceplate Back pics I couldn't find any online pics for the MC2155 Faceplate pictures of the backside. I set up a strong light to avoid flash and took some pics of my MC2155 Faceplate backside. (First pic) The day after I removed my Faceplate, I found a small rectangular piece of...
  10. Jon_J

MC2155 - no right channel

Sorry for late reply. I sent my MC2155 in its original McIntosh double box, (packed according to the instructions with knobs and faceplate removed) to Terry, 5 days after my last reply here. Thank you, Jon
  11. Jon_J

I think I have all threads pertaining to the MC2155 bookmarked after reading the McIntosh forum for over a month. I sent my MC2155 off to Terry a few days after below post, (with help from "clinic_audio" diagnosing my LDR malfunction). "MC2155 - no Right Channel"...
  12. Jon_J

Beckman DVM, need info?

Thank you JURB for your thorough explanation. :) I also have a Fluke 75 that is beat up, but the Beckman is very clean and it has a built-in stand that folds out at the back. Jon
  13. Jon_J

Beckman DVM, need info?

I have this Digital DVM that was given to me from a railroad buddy back in the 1990's There is no model number anywhere on it or inside of it. It uses a 9 volt battery Printed on the back is thus: ---------------------------------- Beckman Industrial Corporation A Subsidiary of Emerson...
  14. Jon_J

Why didn't McIntosh place their full name MAC receivers?

Here are a couple pics. One is an invoice from 1976 when I ordered 3 knobs and a front faceplate from McIntosh. Jon
  15. Jon_J

Thank you guys, it's always good to hear these tidbits of info. I'm really glad I found this forum. Back in the day when I first discovered McIntosh, (no internet or bbs) there was no information about this company except from visiting a high end HiFi shop and picking up brochures. Even then...
  16. Jon_J

Why didn't McIntosh place their full name on these old MAC receivers? MAC1500, MAC1700, MAC1900 I'll try to make this story as short as possible. When I was age 12 or 13, on my way home from the bank with my paper route deposit, I went into a high end stereo store in a plaza. The salesman was...
  17. Jon_J

EIA codes...learn to love them!

It sure needs to be... bump :) Jon
  18. Jon_J

Can anyone identify this woofer?

Good info here: "EIA codes...learn to love them!" http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=497168 EIA codes list: http://www.triodeel.com/eiacode.htm This page only has a short list of speaker manufacturers (drivers) and all are 3 digits. http://www.webervst.com/morecode.html...
  19. Jon_J

Thank you ! First I want to say thank you Dennis for the information. :D I would have googled those numbers till my eyeballs fell out... I have now found a source for a refoaming kit online that matches these speakers perfectly (I think). I cannot find my original receipt for the speakers. I...
  20. Jon_J

I have a set of store built speakers from 1985 and the woofers have lost their foam. The cabinets consist of: 1 x 2" domed tweeter (I didn't remove the tweeter to see if it has any markings) 1 x Polydax soft dome two and one half inch midrange 2 x 10" woofers I think the numbers on the woofers...
  21. Jon_J

I took pictures of the 2 driver boards in my MC2155 and I marked these pics in paintshop with numbers for the 5 connectors. I also used a sharpie and marked the connecting lead-connectors (the plastic rectangle plugs) 1-5 so I wouldn't make any mistakes when re-installing these boards. I also...
  22. Jon_J

Thank you very much, I'll do just that and mark and send both boards to Terry. Are there any special instructions as to removing and replacing these boards? I'm not an electronics tech, and my hands aren't steady enough to solder in confined spaces. Thanks again, Jon
  23. Jon_J

That is it! When I touched the screwdriver across the legs, the volume was much louder than the working Left channel. Thank you, I'll have to order the part if it is available. BTW my serial number is CW179x (I don't know if forum allows serials to be displayed) Jon Edit: I read that post 2...
  24. Jon_J

According to my serial number, the driver board is: 045863 I used DeOxit because the left gain had static and cut out sometimes. Where is your drawing? I'm new to the forum.
  25. Jon_J

opps, about the meter not working... opps, about the meter not working... Last night I had my preamp C28 mode selector set to L+R to L That is why the meter appeared to not be working. The right meter is working now, but the right channel to the speakers is still not working.
Back
Top Bottom