Search results

1. centralflori

Cambridge Audio 851N versus Marantz ND8006

I can't speak to the quality of sound from the Marantz. I love the quality of sound from the Cambridge 851N. I have it paired with McIntosh Amp and preamp and various speakers with the use of a Russsound speaker selector switch which allows use of six pairs of speakers simultaneously. What...
  2. centralflori

The 2021 Audiokarma Member of the Year

Thanks to Mr. Edwin and all those here that lend there knowledge and time for the benefit of others and keeping quality alive and growing.
  3. centralflori

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Tom Waits “Mule Variations “
  4. centralflori

Audio Research Technology Model 2200 Speakers

Thanks for the info KFA888. I guess these were ahead of their time considering the fact that they have been around long enough to have the surrounds on the woofer almost completely gone. Until I pulled the front covers today I didn't know what they needed because the sound wasn't bad. I...
  5. centralflori

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Justin Townes Earle "The Saint of Lost Causes"
  6. centralflori

Can you define “Dolby vintage atmos”?
  7. centralflori

Yes I kind of came that solution, that they are not the same as Audio Research that was affiliated with McIntosh Labs. So I just pulled the front covers off. In a word YIKES!!! They need to be reformed an probably other stuff as well. Definitely need to find a speaker repair shop that can do...
  8. centralflori

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

These seem to be pretty rare. I posted these awhile back to see if anyone knew anything about them and g centralflori, Nov 2, 2019Report #1+ QuoteReply centralfloriSuper Member Messages: 2,053 Location: Orlando Attached Files: a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow...
  9. centralflori

ESS Speaker Repair

Does anybody have any suggestions where to get ESS speakers repair in the Central Florida area? They have the Heil tweeters which seem to be fine, but will not stay attached to the cabinet and rattle around in the speaker cabinets. The shops I have contacted from Orlando to Tampa either do not...
  10. centralflori

These are some rare speakers
  11. centralflori

Looking for information on Music Streamers vs DAC'S

I am using a cat 8 line direct ethernet connection with a 1 gb service. The tech support at cambridge said it would work fine on a 10 mb line.
  12. centralflori

Ended up getting the Cambridge Azur 851N. Downloaded Tidal and have not had easy time operating. So after talking to the people at Cambridge USA technical support I downloaded qubuoz and have been operating with ease at half the price of Tidal. The sound using qubuoz is amazing to me. The...
  13. centralflori

Tidal Premium or HiFi

I have Tidal and Qubouz currently on my new Cambridge Azur 851N. I had been trying to decide which to go with after watching this thread. With the help of my son we downloaded the Tidal app the other day. This morning when I finally had time to compare I couldn't get the Tidal app to work...
  14. centralflori

New Bluesound Node vs Cambridge Audio Day Magic 200

OK so I went for the Cambridge Azur 851N. Have not had time to get familiar with this. I was able to listen a little last Sunday using free trial of Tidal with Master recordings. Need to find which streaming service I'll end up with after spending a little time trying several out.
  15. centralflori

Bluesound updates the Node

I had been considering the new Node 2 and then the Cambridge CXN- V2 made me think it is the way to go based on reviews, particularly on sound quality by the owners of the Cambridge unit. Does anybody have any thoughts about the pros and cons of these two devices head to head?
  16. centralflori

So after more research I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the Cambridge CXN-(V2) after reading many positive reviews. Does anybody have any thoughts on this, comparing it to the new Bluesound Node? Every review I saw raves about the sound quality on the CXN-(V2). While the cost is...
  17. centralflori

Thanks for that clarification about these two devices. So should I use the Node as the streamer and use the Cambridge as the DAC to upgrade the sound or is there another Cambridge unit that would have a better music streamer?
  18. centralflori

I am still trying to figure out the benefit of these two items and do you purchase one or both. my main priority is sound quality and build quality, but all the other features like blue tooth and multiple inputs and outputs are something that should be considered, along with being able to use...
  19. centralflori

Had posted this thread on here a while back and came up empty. I thought I would give it a refresh to see if any fresh eyes have any information on these speakers or this brand or speaker company.
  20. centralflori

Todays TWANG playlist.....

Does Eilen Jewell qualify?
  21. centralflori

If you had an external dac it would bypass the internal dac? Would that make an improvement? 'if so which external dacs would be suggested?
  22. centralflori

Yes this is what I was hoping to do. Do you think the onboard dac on the new bluesound node is as good as an external dac or is the sound only as good as the weakest link?
  23. centralflori

Do you hear a difference in sound quality because of the processor upgrades? Do you think the internal doc is as good as using an external stand alone day additionally?
  24. centralflori

Bluesound website says this unit preorders are no longer being accepted. Does anybody know when this may become available again?
  25. centralflori

Taking the plunge into streaming - any recommendations?

On one of the post here in one of the threads on days and music streamers there was a link indicating that the node 2I may be replaced by the node which will have 32bit/384 speed. When I go to their website it says this unit is sold out. What does anybody know about this informationl.
Back
Top Bottom