Search results

1. Axe Elf

Stereo vs Mono

Ok, I can see that if the stereo version was a haphazard mix of vocals on one side and music on the other, but what about modern recordings? The album that prompted me to wonder about this, and ultimately create this thread, was mentioned in another recent thread on here. Someone said they...
  2. Axe Elf

Stereo vs Mono

I'm not an "audiophile" to the extent that most people who call themselves that are, but I do enjoy music. However, I can't imagine enjoying a monaural recording more than a stereo recording of the same music. Yet mono albums seem to be highly sought after in some cases. So I'd like to hear...
  3. Axe Elf

Why I stopped going to rock concerts

Who are you callin' a "slope"? (Just in case: Joke again.)
  4. Axe Elf

Right? It was pretty clearly a joke, I felt kinda dumb having to add the disclaimer at all, but in light of recent events, I felt that I had better. Turns out I was correct.
  5. Axe Elf

Well that's just your stupid opinion. (And before someone locks me out of this thread as well, that was intended to be a wry, ironic, and humorous interjection, not an actual personal attack, ok?)
  6. Axe Elf

Contact Us?

If that's true, then we probly need better moderators. But no, I think it's just human error, because the reason given applies to someone who quoted me in the thread, so I think they were intending to lock HIM out, but accidentally locked ME out instead.
  7. Axe Elf

Mondegreens (Misheard Lyrics).

It's kind of a lesser-known song, but the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band has a song I like called "Ripplin' Waters." It contains a lyric that goes: "And you make me feel fine Warm as the mountain sunshine On the edge of the snow line In a meadow of Columbine" As a former farm boy, that last line...
  8. Axe Elf

Mondegreens (Misheard Lyrics).

"The girl with colitis goes by..." --Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
  9. Axe Elf

Contact Us?

Well it would make even less sense to ban me completely.
  10. Axe Elf

Contact Us?

Well, I wasn't planning on leaving, so long as they can get this corrected in a timely manner.
  11. Axe Elf

Contact Us?

Thanks! Yup, I just missed it.
  12. Axe Elf

Contact Us?

Is there a "Contact Us" button around here that I'm missing, or some way to speak with a moderator? I'm asking because I was erroneously locked out of a thread and I think they meant to lock someone else out, because the reason given did not apply to me. So I'd like to talk to someone about...
  13. Axe Elf

What music is everyone into?

Well, I didn't mean overtly, as in a single other thread, but in all the "What Are You Listening To," daily songs, genre playlists, and other threads that indicate what kinds of music that people are into.
  14. Axe Elf

What music is everyone into?

This thread sponsored by the Redundancy Department of Redundancy. Wouldn't the question already be sufficiently answered by all the other threads on this site? If that's too much work, then I'm mostly into rock and roll in all of its forms, from oldies to punk, with the occasional unique...
  15. Axe Elf

The Decca vs London Trials

I kinda thought that might be the case, but hey, if you've heard 5 seconds, you've heard it all.
  16. Axe Elf

The Decca vs London Trials

And that's what makes THIS a classic!
  17. Axe Elf

An anagram for "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas" could be "FAL IN LAV" ("fall in love"). Just saying...
  18. Axe Elf

Oh, Pooh! A typo...
  19. Axe Elf

An Open Letter To David Byrne

It may be in the best interest of the industry giants.
  20. Axe Elf

Once I knew I needed to quit smoking, it was easy. I could tell it was making me feel bad. I smoked about a pack a day for more than 28 years, and then I smoked 2 cigarettes on the opening day of football season, 2009, and I have never had another one. In fact, I can't stand the smell of...
  21. Axe Elf

I used to quit smoking 20 times a day, back when I DID smoke. I just started again in 40 minutes or so. I fasted three times a day, too.
  22. Axe Elf

Queen, a band I never "got"

Climate change. Carry on.
  23. Axe Elf

Not in a church, but he said he considered his relationship with the love of his life, Mary Austin (for whom he wrote the song, "Love of My Life") to be a commonlaw marriage. So calling her his "wife" is out of respect for HIS words, not mine. Did you even read the article you linked a while back?
  24. Axe Elf

Yeah, the cat was kind of out of the bag in 1979. In 1970, not so much. And whether anyone "thought about it" or not is irrelevant. It wasn't why the band is named "Queen," and Queen wasn't promoted with an LGBTQ agenda.
  25. Axe Elf

Yeah, he told his band mates, but waited six more years to tell his wife. Right. It's not speculation, it's inductive reasoning.
Back
Top Bottom