Search results

1. Audiofriends

Help needed to save Monitor Jr woofer

Good morning, Ehm, I guess, if there is impedance on the terminal, I would go (yep) for trying to remove the whole cone. Yes, stuck. The voice coil it selves seems to be okay, if it measure also okay. De carrier of the voice coil at the front side seems goes to the inside, normally it might get...
  2. Audiofriends

Original large advent woofer rattle

Good morning, Ehm, could it be possible that the cone / diaphragm isn't well centered by the previous owner? Also because I see very little room between inner diameter gasket - roll surround - cone. So centering the cone was as far as I can see near to impossible. There are people who in this...
  3. Audiofriends

Bose interaudio 3000 (1992) re-foam gone awry ...

Good afternoon, Most time the related Bose speaker like Studiocraft, Interaudio, Capella, etc., have often some cheaper parts. I think the voice coil is deformed or burned. However, the lamp is a kind of resistance that gets higher resistance when there is more power used. The Bose has them to...
  4. Audiofriends

Anybody own Vintage Celestions ??

Watch out with the Celestion HF1300 tweeter/midrange speakers! They can get quickly overloaded and have a burned voice coil. Also the metal layer on the tweeter can get problems. Especially when the previous owner(s) have placed/stored them in a garage or a moistly place. Also the tweeter has...
  5. Audiofriends

bose 601 series 2

Good afternoon, Note that there are batch differences in the Bose 601. I don’t know if that with every mk. But it might be possible (yes strange but true) that on side has speakers with an other impedance than the other half. That’s not a big problem because the wiring gets the impedance at the...
  6. Audiofriends

KEF 105 ....your thoughts..

Good afternoon, I assume it's about the RR105mk1, mk2 or mk4. The strange thing is that in earlier times they missed the mk3 (around 1980). The mk1, mk2, an mk4 are all with rubber surrounds. The RR105.3 (mk3) was made with foam surrounds (8 pieces per pair including donut) which will be...
  7. Audiofriends

How many Watts are your main amps?

Different amps: 2 x Accuphase P350 = 2 x 350 W(?) 1 x Musical Fidelity P270 = 2 x 135 W 2 x Goldmund Job 200 = about 2 x 75 W KR Electronics VT20 = about 2 x 40 Watt (class A) All with correspondending pre-amps. Goldmund Job Stereo integrated amp. Accuphase (old picture > moved to bigger...
  8. Audiofriends

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My Marantz scope tuners: Further just sold the SA11 SACD player. Got still the Marantz CD-7(?) cd-player of about 1985 (still in box, just moved to an other place), and the Maratnz CD63SE modified. Best regards, Fred
  9. Audiofriends

Packing/Shipping 101

A few years ago i bought at eBay some Goodmans Maxim speaker. I asked the seller to give him some extra handling costs if he would pack the speakers twice (double packing). The Maxims would go from UK > NL. The seller agreed, and this is the (in my opinion perfect) result: My...
  10. Audiofriends

Packing/Shipping 101

I shipped a year with TNT-post but was very disappointed. I lost 4 registered packages in 1 month. What I though is that I would get the paid money of the customers back. Instead if that TNT-post asked for a ‘buying-invoice’. So an invoice of the product were I bought it. You can imagine that...
  11. Audiofriends

e-Cigarettes - Stop Smoking!

And smoking shag it also a ritual like we drink a lot of coffee in NL. Or having a beer in you hand. An e-sigaret doesn't. In Holland by the way you may not smoke analoge in public places. And e-sigaret has here a pro. In NL you're a litle watched like it's rare to smoke an e-sigaret. Maybe time...
  12. Audiofriends

e-Cigarettes - Stop Smoking!

A friend of mine used it a while but was not very satisfied with it. Maybe because we smoke in Holland 'shag' (speak out like 'sjek)'. They become in light, normal and heavy like 'Zware Van Nelle'. You can make them yourself with 'vloeitjes'. The friend of mine smokes the heavy shag. A little...
  13. Audiofriends

Cats & dogs (& HiFi) > no problems?

Yesterday: 'Other cd-player? Got to find out!'.
  14. Audiofriends

Hahaha, lovely! :rflmao:
  15. Audiofriends

do any older speakers need burn in time ?

I have a 20-40 Hertz play-in signal. Can't give my own URL here, but I have different testsignals and sweaps, pink noise etc.
  16. Audiofriends

do any older speakers need burn in time ?

I remember my Dynaudio Contour 1.3mk2 with I think a 17W75 speakers in it (rubber surrounds). In the original manual was written that the speakers after a while standing still also need to play in for a few minutes. Then Dynaudio was very hard to make it played in and make the surround flexible...
  17. Audiofriends

Here's an 6 kilo male cat. Destroys nothing except springs with his nails on top of speakers... Yes I can! Yes, that too! Any cats or dogs love HiFi? :-)
  18. Audiofriends

Need Help Troubleshooting Bose 601 Series I speakers - tweeters silent.

Good Morning, Maybe a tip. If you have problems with woofers, these have different batches, sometimes 4 ohm or 8 ohm and connected different. For testsignals: http://www.repairyourspeakers.com/manuals/Testsignals/ Take note to be very careful with testsignals. Above the hearing in practice is...
  19. Audiofriends

Marantz in the living room!

Marantz ST-8 Marantz 150 Marantz 120B Marantz 120 Marantz 2110 Marantz 2130 These are about the scope-tuners I have. Moved to another place, yet still in boxes o_O.. Best regards, Fred B.
  20. Audiofriends

RossW's Systems

Accuphase C275, 2 x P350, KR Electronics (now playing), Goldmund, Musical Fidelity P270 + MVT. Speaker: Thiel 2.3mk2, Fostex small wideband (now playing), Totem Mani-2, Leak 2030 and IMF RSPM 4 (last one with the real KEF B139 :-).
  21. Audiofriends

AR3, or look what the cat dragged in...

Good Morning (it's here now about 6:00 :)), I have maybe some tips for the AR3, AR3A, AR3A improved and maybe the later AR303. Ofcourse Acoustic Research was the inventor of the 'Acoustic Suspension' (Wiki) were as much as possible the air in the cabinet should take care of the mechanical...
  22. Audiofriends

Vintage Speaker ID?

Good Morning, I don't recognize them, but about 10-15 years ago the White Van scam seems to be everywere in Europe, Omni Audio, Dynalab, Acoustic Audio, it seems that they use names that already were sounding familiar. Also many years ago I tried to figure out the scam, and placed a story on...
  23. Audiofriends

Speaker Identification

Good Morning, Note that the foam surrounds need to be replaced by flexible surrounds. That will cost money. If you let the speaker being repaired, note that you take a real professional, for the receipt will increase the value of your speaker. Best Regards, Fred
  24. Audiofriends

Kappa 6/7/8/9 vs 7.1/8.1 woofers (10" and 12")

Good Morning, First, often manufacturers have batches. So it might be that after a while te speakers are a little different than before. In earlier days this was often the case, also with for instance B&O, Bose 901, etc. But then it was more disturbing, for the left and right were different...
Back
Top Bottom