Search results

1. U

To upsample or not, and with what method?

Not looking to start a heated argument, just curious what others experiences are. To keep things Apple to Apple (as best possible) consider this... Source is lossless files from a PC (I am using JRiver Media Center) Files are native PCM 16/44/1, 16/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, or 24/192 Transport is over...
  2. U

Soldering iron recommendations?

I’ve had a Weller adjustable temp solder station for about 25 years. Works great and I expect it to last forever.
  3. U

Musical Fidelity Owners Thread

Hey all. Just an update. I found an A308CR power amp in like new condition that spent the last 10+ years in the box stored. I swapped out my A3.2cr amp with the A308cr and I am still using the A3.2cr preamp. The results have been fantastic!
  4. U

I like how the face of the A3 looks with the black ring. Nice touch. If you are looking for a nice op amp try the LME49720HA if you can find them.
  5. U

I just love my A3.2cr pre, pwr, and CD. Using a Topping D90 MQA DAC and driving Dynaudio Confidence C1 Platinums.
  6. U

MSB Gold Link - anyone change pins to upsample 132?

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I thought maybe Rick still has this DAC. I have the MSB Gold Link DAC III and a late model at that and I am using the P1000 power supply. I like to tweak so this DAC has allowed me to do that and I like it very much. I found that with a few mods it still...
  7. U

Best preamp under 500?

Musical Fidelity A3.2CR pre-amp. Stereophile Recommended Class A in 2002. Built like a tank and very neutral with a wide and deep soundstage and completely silent/back background. dual mono design and uses choke regulators on both channels to remove all line noise from the power source. Easily...
  8. U

Harman International Purchased by Samsung... There goes Infinity, JBL, Mark Levinson, AKG, H/K....

Any thoughts on this news? I'm curious to hear anyones thoughts. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/business/samsung-auto-industry-harman-automotive.html?_r=0 Andy
  9. U

HELP!! Onkyo Integra CP-1055F II

What an awesome thread! Talk about community coming together to help someone! I have a CP-1055F that I got at a yard sale for free because the stylus/cartridge was bad and the auto did not work. I've been using it for years completely manual with a Grado Gold and it sounds wonderful. I now have...
  10. U

Heresey II with Mac 2505 amp/c-26 pre..thoughts

I have owned both the KG-2 and Heresy II and agree completely with what Steve has said above. The Heresy II also have much better power handling and will be able to play at higher volumes. The HII can always benefit from a subwoofer though.
  11. U

Golden Theater GTX-1 Processor ?

I know this is an old thread but it still comes up high in the list when Google'ing the Golden Theater GTX-1, so I am placing this link to the manual and remote manual/code for those interested. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk8ghgeddb4oay8/Golden%20Theater%20GTX-1%20Manual.zip?dl=0 Hope it is...
Back
Top Bottom