Search results

1. C

Are we seeing a spike in Kyocera Prices?

Thanks Bigears, I couldn't have said it more elequently.
  2. C

BTW I edited the font. Hope it helps. Jeff aka The Capeman
  3. C

First of all. let me apologize for that terrible font. It looked good in the curtain, after I posted, there was nothing I could do about it. That said, I must say I feel a certain sense of hostility from MR. Arkay. For one thing I do not have any kyocera products on sale anywhere nor have I ever...
  4. C

[/FONT]Like everything else in the world, things go up and things go down. The opposite is also true, of course.:yes: The best example of this is in the recent trend of Kyocera equipment selling for all the money and more! The most recent example of this was an R-861 that sold on the bay...
  5. C

FYI...Minty Kyocera T-910 Tuner on the bay

It seems the Kyocera frenzy is starting to die down or is perhaps in a lull.:drool: There has been a lot of play lately on "R" series components and the TOTL 910 series. I have been a Kyocera advocate for a long time and I'm pleased to see it's finally starting to get the recognition it...
  6. C

Just purchased Kyocera's best seperates

Real nice score Amphead! I, too, am a big fan of Kyocera and have a complete TOTL "R" series set as well as a MOTL. 861,661,811,611,710,610, RC101/RT102 x 2. I aspire to one day owning the 910 series. BTW, if anyone is interested a real nice looking T-910 Tuner just popped up on Ebay! I...
  7. C

Walsh 4's finally!

I had an audio "re-awakening" a few weeks ago when I acquired a pair of Walsh-2's! I agree with the assessment that you will likely either love them or hate them. They are a unique listening experience and are very different from regular speakers. I am running them with a Kyocera R-661. These...
  8. C

My Favorite Receivers From The 80's

I have to throw my hat in the ring for my Kyocera R-661(70 WPC). Terrific sound and paired with the RC-101 makes it one of the few truly vintage remote controlled systems. Great build quality and MOS FETs in the driver stage. With the small window of production, value can only go up!!
  9. C

Paradigm 3se vs JBL E50's-fight it out or join forces

Hello Fellow AKer's Once again I have a quandry that I am looking to you to forward some sage advice.:yes: I have just acquired a pair of Ohm Walsh-2's which I am absolutely loving. They are replacing the JBL E50's and Onkyo SKF-200F which are now packed, nicely away in the closet...
  10. C

Nice to know the AK system works!

Thanks, I'll try the Photobucket.com solution. If I can get some pics up, I will. I am rather proud of this system as six months ago, I started out with a walkman and some headphones. Through the sage advice of my AK breathren, some good trading, a little luck and about a total of $200, I...
  11. C

Yeah, if I could only figure out how to post pics! I tried once but it was a mess. Can anyone bring me through it, step by step?
  12. C

I just thought I would lay down a few words as a testimonial to this fine venue. My life has been enriched since I found this wonderful association of like minded individuals who all share one thing in common, the love of audio or more specifically, Vintage Audio.:yes: The advice I have...
  13. C

JBL 4311 for Marantz 2245...Fair Trade?

Thanks for all the input! Unfortunately, the guy flaked. I'm bummed. I thought I was finally going to make that "big" score!
  14. C

Mission 700-2 speakers. Worth $50?

Hi, There is a pair of Mission 700-2's on C/L for $50 that I'm looking at. Anyone have any experience with these speakers? With shipping they would probably cost about $100 total. Would they match up well with a Kyocera R-661 (70 wpc RMS)? Any input would be appreciated.
  15. C

First Generation Kyocera CD player on eBay

They look very cool, however, performance leaves much to be desired. Big problem with skipping. Not up to their later CD players.
  16. C

I have a date set this weekend to make the switch. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for the input.
  17. C

Hi Guys! I am once again turning to my AK breathren for some guidance. Before I pull the trigger on this deal, I would like to get a little input.:confused: I have an offer from a local party to trade a pair of near mint JBL 4311's for my near mint Marantz 2245. :thmbsp: I am...
  18. C

Yamaha NS-A355a Speakers..A deal @ $65?

Once again I am turning to the collective wisdom of my AK brethren to steer me in the right direction.:dunno: Their is a pair of Yamaha NS-A355a Floor speakers on craigslist for $65. They look pretty nice, 3 way design. I know nothing of Yamaha speakers although their electronics have a...
  19. C

Ridiculous Goodwill pricing: everyone loses!

I've been going to the 2 Goodwill stores in my liitle town in Pennsylvania now for a couple of months. I've been checking almost daily, sometimess more than once. I've yet to find anything that even RESEMBLES the types of "bargains" that I read about in these posts. I sometimes think some of...
  20. C

Sansui SP 2500 Speakers for $30..A Bargain?

Thanks for the supporting posts. I am sure my "speakers of destiny" will come along. Thanks MOTORSTEREO, I agree with you, A DEALS A DEAL!
  21. C

Well guys, I appreciate all the input...and boy, there was a lot more than I expected!! So anyway, here's what happened. I went this morning to meet the guy as agreed. This time he had his wife hanging around. Also, consider that this is basically a junk store. They are going out of business...
  22. C

Thanks for the input. I'm supposed to meet him in the morning to pick them up. The cabinets look nice, I'd say an 8 but I haven't taken the grill off yet because I couldn't figure it out in the store. As I now understand it, there are small phillips head screws in the corners. If they look as...
  23. C

Hi, I came upon a pair a Sansui SP 2500 speakers at a local thrift shop. They are in pretty decent shape. They are asking $30.00 for the pair. I am running a Kyocera R-661 receiver, 70 watts per channel RMS, and was wondering if some of you Sansui guys could give me an idea as to...
  24. C

Poll: best MOTL reciever

There's no doubt with me! I just dumped my 2245 because I am totally content with my Kyocera R-661, 70 WPC. One step below the R-861, all you sacrifice is 30 watts and a mid-range. This R-661 is one well built receiver! I love those MOS FETs! I've combined it with the Kyocera D-611 Cassette...
  25. C

Check Out All This Silver!!!!!

I can't wait until they get to the part where they decide who gets what! lol I'd like to be a fly on the wall for THAT discussion!!
Back
Top Bottom