Search results

1. craigsc

Mystery Turntable

Picked up a pair of Spica TC-50s from a local and he had this turntable that he wanted to sell as well. He said there were no labels and I didn't want to pull it off his shelf to figure out. Any ideas what table and tonearm this is?
  2. craigsc

Need a Picture of a Restored MAC 1900 Driver Board

Picked up a MAC 1900 locally from an original owner who hadn’t used it in a long time. I bought without testing assuming I could fix whatever I found. Turns out it had the classic bad volume/on-off pot. Bought and installed a new one from McIntosh and found that one side has a bad driver...
  3. craigsc

Zero Bias on a Recapped Marantz 1060 - Give me some Ideas

So I recently recapped a working 1060 based on threads here. This is my 5th 1060 and I just finished another one up last week. This one is for my son and was working when I picked it up at an estate sale. I went board by board and was finishing up with the 3 big caps and the P700 board. I...
  4. craigsc

Kenwood 11000G Testing - No Bias Voltage

Picked up a Kenwood 11000G at a local flea market recently and am trying to clean up and test perform I do any restoration work. It was very very dirty but has cleaned up ok so far. When I test I get sound from both Channels but it is very distorted on the left channel. Right Channel sounds...
  5. craigsc

Sansui 9090DB Speaker Selector Switch - Math is not Working

I have a 9090DB that I just finished a recap on. Everything is working great except for the speaker selector switch. Speakers on A, B, or C work great but if I go A + B I only get B and A + C I only get C. I’m sure its something subtle I’m missing but has anyone seen this before or have any...
  6. craigsc

SANSUI 9090DB Preamp Distortion

I’ve recapped a Sansui 9090DB per some of the threads here. This 9090 was very dirty and had a fried F-2624 board. I have the amplifier side fixed but am getting some significant distortion on both channels, maybe slightly worse on the right channels per the response of the power meters. I’ve...
  7. craigsc

Dreaded 9090DB F-2624

So I picked up a bunch of gear from a fellow who was retiring near by in SC and trying to downsize. Included was a working 9090DB that was all original. Having worked a few 9090DB in the past I knew I wanted to redo the power supply and 2624 at least so I started on 2624. Having looked at...
  8. craigsc

Need Some Help with a 6100 - Any Volunteers

I’ve been trying to repair a 6100 for a neighbor that had blown outputs. I do repairs locally and have never run into this kind of roadblock before. Before I bring it to a better tech, I was wondering if anyone might be willing to help me troubleshoot? I’ve tested everything on the main amp...
  9. craigsc

Sherwood 7100a with a FM Channel Imbalance - I'm so close

Hey all, I have a Sherwood 7100a that is in mint cosmetic condition (even has the little clear plastic discs behind the tuning and volume knobs) that has a output imbalance on FM stereo only. Amp and preamp are all good and I think I've narrowed the problem to the Multiplex board. I've checked...
  10. craigsc

4100 - Struggling with Auto-On Board

I picked up a 4100 a few months ago for myself and have completed a recap/restore and everything has gone well except I can't get the Auto-On Board straightened out. Initial symptom before and after the recap was that it was sometimes difficult to turn on by both the power switch and the...
  11. craigsc

Technics SU-V4 with STK-0050

I have to admit I’ve been working on this SU-V4 on and off for at least a year, maybe two. Been getting closer and closer. All the silicon on the amp portion has been replaced included the STK-0050 boards per the SX-780 thread. I’m so close but I can’t quite get over the finish line. Amp...
  12. craigsc

Hum on Both Channels - MAC 4100

Picked up a slightly cosmetically challenged 4100 at an estate auction. Cleaned it up with some deoxit and everything is working except for a hum in both channels that you can only hear with very low volume. Hum is on all inputs. Hum is also there if you pull the pre-amp/main jumpers so its...
  13. craigsc

Help me with a MAC 1700 with Distortion in Left Channel

So I’m working on a MAC 1700 for a buddy with distortion in one channel. I don’t have an scope or signal generator so I tend to repair based on symptoms and the advice in threads here on AK. Based on what I read here, I tested the outputs first and a couple seemed to test very low on hfe so I...
  14. craigsc

Onkyo A-65 With a Bad Channel

I picked up a non-working Onkyo A-65 with a bad channel on Shopgoodwill.com a while back. I have a soft spot for Onkyo integrateds and this is a relatively rare one. Right channel is out. I spent a ton of time trying to track down all the problems and have it close but not quite working...
  15. craigsc

McIntosh MAC 1900 Receiver - Short Somewhere on Outputs

So I am working on a MAC 1900 with a bad channel. Came to me with NTEs installed and no output on right side. I have recapped the right and left power output boards and checked all the components on the boards. All good there. When I power up on a dim bulb with new onsemi outputs I get a...
  16. craigsc

Luxman LX-104 Suckface Microswitch

I have an LX-104 that I picked up a while back that I'm bringing back from the dead. I have all the amp features working except for the suckface. I have the suckface close to working but I broke the microswitch during reassembly! Its a fiddly little thing and I'm guessing not a readily...
  17. craigsc

A Slightly Different from the Usual CR-1020 Protection Issue

So I picked up a non-working CR-1020 on fleabay a while back and am finding myself with a little extra time at home so I've been working on it the last couple of weeks. I've read many of the posts here on Power Supply restoration and have recapped the power supply, replaced the resistors on the...
  18. craigsc

Another Pioneer SX-939 Protection Question

After repairing a few of this vintage Pioneer, you would think I could figure out a protection issue. But no I cannot! I am working on a SX-939 that goes into protection after a couple of hours. Once in protection, it stays there until power is secured and it cools down (presumably). Voltage...
  19. craigsc

Sansui 350A - One channel Distorted, Tried all the usual tricks

So I'm working on a really clean Sansui 350 for a friend that came in with a distorted right channel. Same on all sources. It is distorted as well as not having much bass. Did some research here and found a few potential issues. Since it is pretty easy to work on I decided to recap the main...
  20. craigsc

Sherwood S-7300 - Imbalance on AM and FM only

Happy Thanksgiving folks, I am thankful for all the help I get on this forum!! This morning I'm working on a Sherwood S-7300 that has a volume imbalance on both AM and FM but not with other sources. I've cleaned the pots really wells recapped the power supply and main amp boards (which should...
  21. craigsc

MX 114 with no Stereo

Hey folks, I'm replaced the glass on a MX 114 for a friend and when I went to power up and test, found that there was no FM stereo (by sound and MPX light). I don't have the equipment to do an alignment but was wondering if anyone has a potential quick tweak that might take care of this...
  22. craigsc

Another 9090DB Protection Thread

I searched the archives and couldn't find anything that explained my problem and before I started digging deeper into my 9090 wanted to check with the experts here. I have a very nice 9090DB that I did a partial recap on (driver, equalizer and power supply) about a year ago and it has worked...
  23. craigsc

MC250 with Distortion in Right Channel

So I'm working on an MC250 for a local friend which has distortion in the right channel with the selector switch in Stereo. Good clean sound from both channels in mono. From looking at the service manual and other threads here, I initially concluded dirty selector switch. I disassembled and...
  24. craigsc

Fry Eggs on a AU-7700

Have an AU-7700 that was in protection. I did a complete recap (no transistors) and set the bias and idle current and it runs really hot! Can barely touch the heat sink. It has the quick acting fuses and I actually set the current to 10ma instead of 45 per the service manual. I read all the...
  25. craigsc

Looking for Picture of F-2092 Board from a AU-7700

Made a mistake of not properly documenting the polarity of the caps on this board before I started my recap. As we know Sansui PCB markings are not always correct and many of the caps on this PCB don't even seem to be marked. If someone has a recapped AU-7700 and wouldn't mind sending me a...
Back
Top Bottom