Search results

1. Q

Willsenton R8 problem...or I have a ghost in my house....

Not a single problem with my R8 in over 2 years, remote or otherwise. I am one happy cheap Chinese tube amp owning camper.
  2. Q

Use preamp w/ remote as volume control with integrated amp?

Unfortunately that is not an option with the Schiit Saga.
  3. Q

Thanks cademan. No, I will not be plugging the amp into the preamp - just preamp output to Main In. I don't consider myself particularly lazy but I usually listen in "shuffle mode" meaning I just pick a genre rather than specific album or artist and some songs are louder, some softer and I don't...
  4. Q

I'm sure this has been covered many times but I can't seem to find a thread with my answer. I have both modern and vintage gear and they both sound great but I just like the looks of the vintage stuff. BUT I like the convenience of a remote for volume control/ muting. Can I use a preamp w/...
  5. Q

What to do with broken gear?

A local used audio/ record store near me will always take donations of non-working items for parts (or to fix and sell if possible). Maybe you have a similar store nearby?
  6. Q

Speaker stands

Aquarium gravel. Cheap, clean, and no leakage which you might get from sand.
  7. Q

Help with Onkyo A-7055 mystery switch?

Perfect. Thanks swechsler.
  8. Q

Help with Onkyo A-7055 mystery switch?

I am awaiting delivery of this integrated but am a little puzzled by this switch (unite/ separate?) on the back. Can anyone tell me what it does and which setting I should use? FYI - I want to use the pre-outs for a sub. Thanks for your help
  9. Q

Logitech discontinues Harmony remotes - Now what do we do??

This is really quite surprising and disturbing. I have been using Harmony remotes for years precisely because they were so functional that I only needed one remote to control everything. It was asked above but is anyone aware of any other brand with comparable capabilities? I HATE having to use...
  10. Q

Hello Again – Looking to build a $1500 dedicated music system.

Unless they changed the names, I believe the KEF's are the Q150 & Q350 (not LS). I bought the Q150's just because they were on sale and I had never owned KEF's but they are not for me (though many others seem to like them). If you like warmer sound how about Wharfedale Denton 80's for $500? If...
  11. Q

How outdated is my DAC?

I had been using a a well regarded Cambridge Audio DacMagic (original) for years but, being a 12 year old model, I too thought that maybe DAC technology had advanced enough so that a new DAC might be beneficial. Bought an Arcam ir-DAC ll which retails for about $700 - very little, if any...
  12. Q

Harbeth P3ESR

They are beautiful. I am planning to buy them for a retirement present for myself (alas in several years). Let us know what you think.
  13. Q

Bluetooth receiver to vintage amp (Logitech adapter with a Pioneer Sx-580) - advice?

Before buying the Logitech I suggest you take a look at the Dayton Audio BTR01 at Parts Express for only $45. Sound quality is very close, if not equal, to the Audioengine B1 which is about $190.
  14. Q

Recommend vintage integrated amp/receiver for 80th Dentons

I know you asked for vintage (maybe a Sansui integrated? )but, if you change your mind, I am listening to them right now with a Music Hall a15.3 integrated. About $550 - fantastic to my 60 year old ears
  15. Q

Best All in One Systems

Yamaha CRX-332 with the speakers of your choice (& sub if desired).
  16. Q

Bluetooth users! Anyone here have an Audioengine B1?

Good question. I also like the B1's range: I have it connected to an external DAC and then to an old Onkyo receiver in my basement bar with the Bluetooth signal transmitted from the computer in my 1st floor home office. Pretty impressive. Not sure if cheaper units can match that.
  17. Q

Help Needed, static over USB

This worked for me.
  18. Q

Computer to Old School Receiver??

Not sure where I said he couldn't nor did I suggest he should use a "cheap DAC".. Just offering an opinion
  19. Q

Computer to Old School Receiver??

"3.5mm Male to 2-Male RCA Adapter" Wouldn't this be mono? Even if not, plan "B" will still almost certainly sound better.
  20. Q

Are there many vintage mini stereo systems with a Cd player and Aux input?

Yamaha CRX-332 (or variants) w/ speakers are still available on Amazon for $299. Even better if you can find the unit separately and add your own speakers. Still using one I bought @ 15 years ago in my home office.
  21. Q

Soundbars good or bad for audio world ?

Gave my 80+ year old parents a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar and a small sub a few years ago. It is for TV only and they absolutely LOVE it.
  22. Q

Good quality Bluetooth reciever

Audioengine B1
  23. Q

Love for LOW power receivers/amps

Onkyo TX-220: 6.5 watts. First receiver I ever bought - I was 17 or 18. That one is long gone but I bought another one in immaculate condition about 10 years ago for $75. It is seeing service in my basement bar.
  24. Q

Bluetooth Audio Reciever Recommendations

Audioengine B1 though more expensive than either of your choices.
Back
Top Bottom