Search results

1. Davron94

Marantz 4230- Zero bias reading, Need Help!

Hi All, Been dealing with a testy 4230 unit for several months now. I have rebuilt both amp boards with new caps, transistors, several resistors and diodes that were suspect, and the outputs. I also rebuilt the PS with new caps, transistors, and diodes. I had the unit up and running fine (biases...
  2. Davron94

Marantz 4230 FM/ AM Issues

I have a restoration project here that I just completed replacement of the transistors, caps, outputs, and a few of the resistors on the P700 boards, and a rebuild of the PS with new caps, transistors and diodes. the PS is at 35v DC, and the amp boards were able to bias properly at 15mV except...
  3. Davron94

4230 Amp Board Short. Need Help!!

Hi All, would anyone have a snapshot of the backside of a 4230 P700 amp board? I need to verify next that all of the solder connections are correct. I’m doing a recap and transistor replacement on both boards and got ahead of myself with testing with the DBT. Everything was good after the cap...
  4. Davron94

Onkyo Integra DTR 8.3 No Audio Output

I have a DTR 8.3 with no sound from any input or the tuner. The tuner actually shows that it is tuned and in stereo regardless of the station setting. The unit powers up properly it seems, from the first initial switch on sounds, and then the delayed circuit protection click. I also performed...
  5. Davron94

Pioneer SX-535 Noise issues

Hi All, I have a very nice condition receiver here that when first turning on has very loud popping and scratchy static in the right channel, and then after it warms up, there is a low constant static sound from the same right channel. It does this no matter which speaker connection (A or B) the...
  6. Davron94

Need of Assistance- Receiver Faceplate Issues

Hi All, as you can see from the pictures attached, the faceplate on my 2250B has some scratching, wearing away of the lettering, and a section that is worn down through the brushed metal finish and has a shiny, mirrored look to it now. There are also some light scratches in other areas that I...
  7. Davron94

ISO 2250B Faceplate and Plexiglass

Hi all, anyone know where I can acquire a decent faceplate/ front panel for the 2250B. mine has some scratches and wearing away of the logo and other lettering. I know that there are aftermarket black front panels on Ebay, but I would like to keep it original. Also, the plexiglass window has...
  8. Davron94

ISO JBL L110 Speaker screws

Hello all, I've searched all over the internet for a set of woofer screws and T-nut for this speaker model and cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get at least one of these, or know the size so that I can check out a hardware store or order online? thanks!
  9. Davron94

JBL L110 Crossover Schematic Confusion

Hi All, I am in the process of refurbishing a pair of L110's and would like to go ahead and replace the 5 capacitors on the crossover boards. The issue that I am running into is that the schematic for the crossover has different uF values for the caps than what I see on the board. Should I be...
  10. Davron94

JBL L110 Cabinet Restoration

Hi All, I just acquired a set of these speakers for a very decent price! However, they do need some work. The woofers need re-foaming, and I've found plenty of information on how that should be done for these particular speakers. I've ordered the kits from Rick Cobb off Ebay and am in the middle...
  11. Davron94

Pioneer SX-535 with extremely loud noise issue

Just picked up this beautiful receiver in almost perfect condition. Supposedly, it has been stored for 30 years. It was shipped to me in the original product box, still in the cloth cover. I fired it up to see if there were any initial issues and it played fine other than needing the fuse lamps...
  12. Davron94

Need help with wooden case removal

I just picked up a very nice 2220b receiver with the wooden case, in great cosmetic condition. I would like to get into the chassis though and clean it out and replace a couple of blown bulbs. My assumption was that all that needed to be done is to remove the feet from the receiver that go...
  13. Davron94

KT120 with strange glow

I've been using the KT120s in my Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum integrated amp for several years now with no issue- until now. I had a tube go out (purple glow at the base upon power up- took the fuse with it, as it should). Being as the design of the amp allows for individual manual biasing, single...
  14. Davron94

Postings not showing up in New Posts

Is there a setting that keeps your posts from showing up in the "New Posts" listings? Every time I post a response to something, it does not show up in the New Posts list, or it will an hour after I post it.
  15. Davron94

I just ruined my Sumiko Blackbird- and I'm about to cry!

Well, of course, the most unfortunate thing that could happen, happened! I was going to change sides on an album, and somehow I managed to come up from underneath and bump the stylus tip off of the cantilever with the edge of the record! The cantilever is a little tweaked to the right also. I...
  16. Davron94

Time to purchase an RCM- Recommendations Please

Hey folks, after years of cleaning by hand, I'm ready to break down and purchase a record cleaning machine. I've done the research on building my own, but I just don't have the time to engineer and construct one. I'd much rather leave that up to the experts and spend a few hundred on their...
  17. Davron94

Best Integrated tube amp for 4ohm speakers

Hey All! I'm looking to upgrade my 2 channel system and use an integrated amp instead of a typical A/V receiver. My system currently consists of an Integra DTR 7.9 A/V Receiver, Polk LSi15 speakers, Sota Sapphire and Thorens TD-160 Turntables, Budgie phono preamp, and a PC for Pandora, CDs, etc...
  18. Davron94

Pioneer QX-949A Right Channel gone- Where to start T/S

Hey all, been enjoying this receiver for about a year now and all of the sudden the right channel goes in and out. It takes fiddling with the input selector and the balance controls, but it would come back in for a while. Then it went completely out on the A speaker input. I ran the speaker...
  19. Davron94

Sumiko Blackbird Opinions

About to pull the trigger on one of these for about half of retail. Has about 500 hours on it. Any issues with it. I've heard that the suspension can fall out quickly on these. Anyone have experience with them?
  20. Davron94

Thorens TD-160 feet advice

Hey all, I'm just about done with a restoration project on a TD-160. My last item to purchase is a new set of feet or cones. I'm looking for some advice in this area being as this is my first Thorens and I don't know what the best choice is. I see a lot of tables with the brass cones and large...
  21. Davron94

Tonearm Cable Recommendations

Hey All! I have a Sumiko MMT Tonearm on my Sota Sapphire that has the original (from what it looks) Audioquest 5 pin DIN cable w/ RCAs. Recently the left channel started getting a very low buzz and hum. I move or giggle the cable and it lowers or goes away. That, to me, looks like a good sign to...
  22. Davron94

New to me Thorens TD160 (Advice needed)

I just picked up a fairly decent condition TD160. It needs a lot of clean up and I'm thinking about having a new plinth built for it. It came with an original Stanton 681EEE cart and stylus. The stylus is pretty worn down, and I know that the OEM styli are nowhere to be found. So I'm not sure...
  23. Davron94

Should I bite the bullet?

I have the chance to potentially purchase a Sumiko Blackbird for around $600. It has approximately 150 to 200 hours on it. I'm not well versed in HOMC's, and am not sure if this is too many or just enough hours on it. How many hours should you get out of an MC cart? Is this considered around the...
  24. Davron94

Audio-Technica AT477LC cartridge

Hi All, Anybody out there have any knowledge or specs on this cart? Replacement styli? I just got one on a TT I picked up and it looks in decent condition, but I cannot find any information on it online. thanks,
  25. Davron94

Pioneer QX-949A Power Switch Needed

Hey All, I have searched high and low on the internet to find a ASG-070 Power Switch for my receiver. I've checked all the Pioneer parts sites that I could find and no one seems to have it. Anybody have one that they can salvage, OR, can this switch be fixed, disassembled and reworked, etc.? Or...
Back
Top Bottom