Search results

1. 7

DCM TF2000 Deal of the Decade - with pics!

Nice! I must have missed this from earlier this year. I agree with everything you said. Absolutely they need some space, like many decent high end speakers, these do best with about two feet behind them, and a few feet to the sides clear of furniture. But man oh man, when they are in the...
  2. 7

DCM TF-2000 value?

I'm looking to find the value of my DCM TF-2000 speakers. These don't come up for sale every day, so evaluating them is a bit difficult. I was thinking their worth at around $900? They are in excellent condition, rebuilt and ready to rock... Thanks!
  3. 7

DCM TF-2000 Speakers and Line Transmission

I did a tf2000 rebuild on here somewhere... I was a little dissapointed at first too until I put 250watts or so on them. AMAZING. Old post I know, but tf2000s don't come up much!
  4. 7

Time Frame 2000 SCORE!

Not sure how I missed this! I search for new tf2000 discussions now and again to see if any pop up. You still have them? I run mine with a carver tfm-35 and it's plenty.
  5. 7

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Yeah. I've said it before - maybe on this thread - I'm not getting rid of my TF-2000's. I hear you on the power. I had to buy amp just for these (Carver tfm-35)
  6. 7

Looking for a "special" vintage speaker

I was going to suggest some large timeframes...They are a little of a pain to work with, but if it's just crossover work - its not bad. Most Time Frame crossovers are documented OK from all the rebuild threads.
  7. 7

DCM Timeframe TF500 Tweeter

Do you have any spare 6.5 woofers from these?
  8. 7

Just curious...

Such a good album. Life Won't Wait might be as good (better??), I think.
  9. 7

Bose 901Series II female clip

Cannot un-see a robot face. Slightly frightened robot face.
  10. 7

Found local ESS amt 1b.... should I???

That's what I'm seeing. 300-500 in good shape. These are clean, but not in great shape. Looks like the foams all good. I definitely don't need them. Just found out they don't have them amped at the moment - so I'll pass.
  11. 7

Found local ESS amt 1b.... should I???

there is a local pair of ess amt 1b available today. I'm going to look at them tomorrow. They are asking 900, which seems high to me... What are they worth? How do they sound? Good? bad? Researching like crazy now.
  12. 7

Wife hates new speakers......Sigh

Yep. I found a glass of beer on one of my DIY speakers. "Should I get a coaster??" they say, seeing that I noticed. "No, you should not put a glass on someones speakers" I replied.
  13. 7

Are Sansui SP-5500 speakers a decent effort?

Thanks for the info! I listened to them, and I think they sounded "OK" for some old speakers, I didn't need them for myself so like I said, passed them on to a friend. They sort of sounded terrible stacked with the 3500 playing at the same time.
  14. 7

Are Sansui SP-5500 speakers a decent effort?

Was it really common for a pair of 3500's to sit on top of a pair of 5500's?? I just found a set lke that with a pioneer sx939 for $150 for everything. passed it o to a friend. They're 'X' models. Exactly how much better are the non-X??? I wasn't super impressed with the setup in a living room.
  15. 7

Subwoofer Plate amp shot - Options?

Parts-Express now has Dayton plate amps with DSP & PC software connectivity for cheap. 5 year warranty too. 250w https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa250dsp-250w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-with-dsp--300-8010 1200w with remote mount volue / lcd screen...
  16. 7

How much have you invested in your audio set up? Show photos.

I'm proud of how cheap my system is. Living Room Harmon Kardon AVR3600 - $300 DIY Zaph ZA5.3 L&R / ZA5.3c center / ZA5.2 rears - $1000 in parts all in (I love these speakers! https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/mtm-speaker-kits/zaph|audio-za5.3-mtm-pair/) DIY Dayton 12" sub & amp, $350 parts...
  17. 7

Speakers on tv.

Not sure about those, but noticed them before too (don't judge!) Also - Seinfeld over the years has had quite a variety.
  18. 7

Best speaker wire stripping tool

I don't do enough to matter - so I use a regular pair of scissors. In a skilled hand they are fast(ish), don't cut the wire strands, and fit all sizes. A good clean stripped end takes maybe 3 seconds? I know wire strippers are better for a repeatable process and accuracy. I've always just used...
  19. 7

What the heck was DCM thinking putting all this black tar around the woofers?!?!

yep... The front baffle is only 1/2" thick with a recess for flush mounting the drivers. That only leaves about 1/4" for the drivers to be screwed down. Mine was screwed and black death'd...the easiest way I found was a sharp razor blade to cut around the driver to separate it then pull out a...
  20. 7

DCM tf-500 VERY COOL!!

There was a pair of 1000's on ebay just a little while ago. local pick up only. I fell into a pair of TF-2000's for $50 and sort of quit looking for other speakers after that... :)
  21. 7

Recommend me some incredible sounding vintage floorstanders.

I'm partial to DCM TF-2000s myself. but I don't have a lot of experience with other stuff. Big. Tall. Floor Standing. Massive sound stage (Beyond the walls massive) with incredible imaging. Not bass heavy, but it's there when it needs to be. I never get tired of listening to these. First...
  22. 7

Ponte knit for speaker grill?

Not sure - I do know that I bought grill fabric from here: http://www.speakerworks.com/speaker_grill_cloth_fabric_s/25.htm and always recommend them if asked about speaker grill cloth. Excellent material. Can't see through the 'heavy weight', good stretch, easy to work with, and the black was...
  23. 7

I am. Way down in Brookings on the southern coast.

I am. Way down in Brookings on the southern coast.
  24. 7

Speaker ID?

We may never know. They were probably the best sounding speakers in the world, trapped in a crackhouse craigslist sale. o'well :)
  25. 7

Dunlavy Audio Labs Archive - From the mind of a "Legend"!

I've had a few opportunities to here the SC-V & SC-VI along with the sub tower (don't know the name, but it's at LEAST as large as the SC-VI's) Each speaker had it's own McIntosh amp. All sorts of gear in there. I listened in dedicated room that probably cost more than my home. They had a...
Back
Top Bottom