Search results

1. The Fuxtor

Another AU-X1 restoration thread

I just had to replace my filter caps on a AU-X11. I think the unit sat unused for a long time mind you. 2 went bad on the one channel
  2. The Fuxtor

Another AU-X1 restoration thread

There are Kemets available at Mouser that are close.. 40mm and I think 126mm long. The only issue are they are a 5 pin snap style. Sorry, I can't recall the part #..
  3. The Fuxtor

AU-919 F2835 grounding

Would anyone happen to have a pic in their archives of the revised layout with the added wires ? I'm sure something is wrong on this one
  4. The Fuxtor

AU-919 F2835 grounding

Here is the last 919 I worked on. I had to remove a couple wires and took these pics so I could put them back. Seems a bit different
  5. The Fuxtor

What is the consensus on replacing working transistors?

But you replaced the original capacitors!! It's not a Pioneer now!!
  6. The Fuxtor

AU-919 F2835 grounding

Oh ya... Good eye. I'll add some solder for the hell of it. Buddy did some weird stuff on this side? Hopefully I can figure out what's misplaced or outright missing here
  7. The Fuxtor

AU-919 F2835 grounding

Would anyone have a pic of the grounding wires on the bottom of the F2835 board?? I got one here I worked on a few years ago with a hum on one channel with phono selected. I could never figure out what the previous tech did with the ground wires on the bottom side... I just finished refurbing a...
  8. The Fuxtor

Is the kenwood supreme 600 so good as to let go all my others ?

I had one I completely restored using HopJohns great restoration thread here. I ended up selling it for quite a bit of money so I'm not too bummed out about it. It was nice but $$ talks and no regret
  9. The Fuxtor

Toshiba A968 and C2238 transistor replacements

I think Toshiba TTA/C004 pair would work better
  10. The Fuxtor

Happy Birthday avionic!

Have a wonderful birthday Avionic!!
  11. The Fuxtor

You Should Know

I have tried to watch a bunch of his stuff, the content seems worthy but I swear I end up falling asleep probably 80-90% of the time.
  12. The Fuxtor

Happy Birthday IIwhtt!

Have yourself a great day!
  13. The Fuxtor

What is the consensus on replacing working transistors?

What are you saying? That only the original transistors can be used to replace the inevitable failures on pretty much all the Pioneers built before 1982? Where do I get them?
  14. The Fuxtor

Power switch wiring help

I had to delete my reply. It didn't seem correct after I read it. The diagram looks very good. Trace your wiring around. It should be clear what goes where?
  15. The Fuxtor

Power switch wiring help

Deleted ...
  16. The Fuxtor

Capacitor burn in ??

I wonder if anyone here who bought let's say for example, a new Marantz 2245 brand new in 1976(?) can remember if the receiver sounded better after those new caps burned in? I can't recall anyone ever stating a post like that??
  17. The Fuxtor

Happy Birthday larryderouin!

Happy birthday!
  18. The Fuxtor

Z19 Crossover

Ok @EarlK , swapping my 3 ohm R7 to 4.7 ohm really did the trick! My lpad nicely fine tune the upper end to my ears now. Thanks!
  19. The Fuxtor

Z19 Crossover

Thanks! I've done #2 and can't quite get a balance that satisfies... I will try option 1 and if no go then option 3! I just noticed I had written R3? Changed that to R7...
  20. The Fuxtor

Z19 Crossover

21. The Fuxtor

Z19 Crossover

Coming back to this thread... Things have changed a bit, I can't recall why I was having hf rolloff as I had stated , but I did remake the xovers to a more compact size so they would be able to fit inside my horn enclosure. After sorting that all out, I'm finding too much hf output, a bit too...
  22. The Fuxtor

Realistic 40-1310 super tweeters dead

Right... OL That it is.
  23. The Fuxtor

I removed the RCA cables from my amp while it was playing, ( was swapping ) and made a horrible squelch which I assume killed the pair? I haven't metered them but I'm gonna predict 0 ohm.
  24. The Fuxtor

Got a set but they are dead. Anyone have any info on repairing them?
  25. The Fuxtor

Rare reed relay substitution ( a visual how to )

I'm curious what's a proper replacement on these? Are the Omron g5v-2 suitable or are they not a reed style which is preferred?
Back
Top Bottom