Search results

1. The Fuxtor

G-6700 with missing power level lights

Happy New Year's Sansui forum.. Looking at a G-6700 and it's not lighting up the first led on power meters as well as the second led on just one channel ( 3 no-go). I've checked all the soldering and tested all the transistors and caps. When I test each individual led , I'm not seeing the...
  2. The Fuxtor

Realistic STA-2000 inbalance

Checking on a friend's Realistic sta-2000 , seems to need to be one notch to the left on the balance control to keep the channels balanced. I have it up on the scope and with the knob one click to left side the sinewaves are almost one when set on top of each other.... Is there a way to counter...
  3. The Fuxtor

Need a sub for transistor / or supply

Hi, I'm in need of a new differential pair on one amp block for a Marantz 300dc amp. The suggested replacement on AK is here .. 2SA879 (differential pair and in other position, Q705-708, 710): VCBO: -250V, VCEO: -200V, VEBO:-5V, Ic: -70mA, Hfe: 60-220, fT: 50-80MHz, Pc: 1W Suggested replacement...
  4. The Fuxtor

Marantz 300dc , why??

Hiya... Got this 300dc amp with lots of unusual goodies inside. Amp is not coming out of protect. Open it up and find someone added an eBay special speaker protection relay board. Hot glued in beside one filter cap! Took me a good half hour to pull this out of there. Got all the connections...
  5. The Fuxtor

BA-5000 issue

A buddy bought a ba-5000 which was subjected to a fire. The unit was working still amazingly! He has gone to much effort getting the faceplate re anodized and painting side panels etc ... In the meantime of body restoration I had the driver boards and power supply boards given to me to recap. He...
  6. The Fuxtor

Sansui G-9000 blown channel

My buddy bought a really nice unit probably around last summer? Anyway, he turned it on last week and protection light kicked in and then after one channel was gone. Both main fuses blew on the channel. Start checking and sure enough 2 of the 4 outputs are dead... I've ordered all new OnSemis...
  7. The Fuxtor

CA-3000 voltages

I've got too much voltage into my regulated voltage cards.... On the low voltage cards I'm seeing -60v at pin 5 , which gives around -42v at pin 3. Should be -40v @pin 5 and -25.5v at pin 3.. The voltage selector is at 120acv , so I'm not sure why these are so high?? The high voltage regulator...
  8. The Fuxtor

Sansui ca-3000 glue transformation?

Wow .. I'm working on a CA-3000 and aside from the brutally burnt power supply board, the first board in the removable card section I pulled ( F-2494) has the infamous glue but it seems to have transformed into some weird looking white almost fungus appearance? I've never seen the glue change...
  9. The Fuxtor

Pioneer sx-828 fuse question

Working on this 828, and after putting in a signal transistor backwards on the preamp board, I find one of the 0.5a fuse after the power transformer and between pin 10 is blowing. On the DBT with only a 60 watt bulb the fuse stays intact but the bulb indicates a short. I've checked the outputs...
  10. The Fuxtor

SX-D5000 bias too high

One channel bias will only go down to 1.1 v ? The other channel biased up nicely to 150mv as per SM... DC offset nice at 0 v each channel. Are there fusables in this model?
  11. The Fuxtor

Weird tuner issue...

Trying to align a Sony str-6060 seems like I'm getting nice peaks on my cans but no matter what I adjust I cannot get this phasing thing to go away or lessen or change hardly at all?? I'll post a video to demonstrate.... https://youtube.com/shorts/DA65kOjpJ8k?feature=share I'm switching over...
  12. The Fuxtor

Realistic STA-2500 power supply question

Had an issue with this receiver where R820/821 were way out of tolerance and causing the unit to not power on. I'm curious what these resistors do? They seem like a fusable resistor?? What would cause these to go outta whack??
  13. The Fuxtor

Selector lights on 2270

I am relamping the tuner dial and noticed the indicator lights are all out? I replaced the aux lamp and reconnected the 18 ohm resistor and they all came back to life.. after screwing the light fixture back in place all was looking great. After doing a few more adjustments, I notice they are all...
  14. The Fuxtor

Ferro fluid hack?

Hackaday: You Can Make Ferrofluid On The Cheap With VHS Tapes. https://hackaday.com/2022/12/22/you-can-make-ferrofluid-on-the-cheap-with-vhs-tapes/ I didn't think ferrofluid was very expensive in the first place?
  15. The Fuxtor

Toshiba SB-820!

Did a bit of work on this integrated amp. I was quite impressed by the build quality!! Not much info on it on the interwebs so I figured I would throw out a few pics!
  16. The Fuxtor

2000a unboxing

17. The Fuxtor

Proper cables and interconnects for FM aligning

I have been wanting to give a few tuners I have some alignment tweaking. I have some of the gear needed but am curious what interconnects are required? I read some connects requiring adapters to change impedance and such... At the moment I have essentially nothing other then oscilloscope probes...
  18. The Fuxtor

Anybody know what tube this is?

Looks to be a rectifier of some sort??
  19. The Fuxtor

Dynaco MK3 power supply fix??

Looking at a set of MK3 that started acting unhappy. Seems as the can cap has shorted. It started becoming screaming hot and the rectifier wasn't happy either. Opened these up and seen a 3 can cap has been installed but the weird thing is that the can cap was never cut out of circuit?? It was...
  20. The Fuxtor

Horn tweeter dead

Got a pair of Lissen , Canadian brand speaker. They are similar to Heresey ... Anyway the tweeter horn was dead. I removed it and ohmed it out. It reads 7.5 ohms! That's good. The bad: after opening the driver I found the magnet shifted . After a few hours I found a proper tube that fit nice and...
  21. The Fuxtor

Question for tuner gurus..

I have this Sony str-6060f which I restored. It had issues earlier with no FM and no stereo . After replacing the muting pot and fixing a faulty transistor on the mpx board I was back in business. It was working wonderful and in stereo. I noticed some 4700j capacitors that were glued down were...
  22. The Fuxtor

Sansui 5000a coupling caps

I bought one of these that was in protection, the Skippy biasing diode mod was already done. With left or right speaker fuse installed the DBT won't dim, I've gone through the driver boards and everything seems to be fine. I've put in some sacrificial outputs until my order comes in hopefully...
  23. The Fuxtor

Sony str-6060f FM tuner issue

I've recapped the whole unit. FM comes in but very weak, pretty much have to max out the volume to get any gain? I've recapped all the electrolytics including all FM stages. No change.... AM comes thru strong in volume. Aux sounds great!! Not sure what stage I should be troubleshooting now?
  24. The Fuxtor

Sony STR-6060f door spring

Anyone have any ideas??
  25. The Fuxtor

Yamaha k-98 dual deck

I have this old deck I bought some years , a double , auto reverse BPC that I liked because I could switch between tapes using a remote. Last night I remember it having an issue on the one deck with the mechanism not engaging or just stopping dead while playing. Probably a dirty sensor. Anyway I...
Back
Top Bottom