Search results

1. Myrdhinn

What obscure 60's & 70's rock are you listening to right now?

Home - The Alchemist 1973 Fruupp - 1973 Fuzzy Duck - 1971 Strider - 1973
  2. Myrdhinn

Your first, early, back in the day systems

Seeing the old stuff brings back memories. First real system back in the mid 70s or so was a Hitachi HA-5700 integrated amp, Taya DP-500 TT with a Grace 707 arm and Excel MC cart. A pair of homebrew speakers 12" woofer and some horn, no idea what make they were anymore, loud but crappy compared...
  3. Myrdhinn

Finally got my system looking irganized

Very nice system and setup As for vacuum..... nature abhors a vacuum!
  4. Myrdhinn

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

On the cheaper side of the fence... rega 202 arm, Edwards audio brass spigot counterweight & shure m95ed cart.
  5. Myrdhinn

What Artist passing affected you the most

Too many for my taste.. K. Emerson G. Lake Alvin Lee Rory Gallagher James Dewar Alex Harvey Jeff Healey Bowie Bon Scott and others...
  6. Myrdhinn

My Updated 2 Channel system

Nice simple setup. Repalced a dying JVC with a Yamaha RN500... agree they sound neutral and clean but a bit sterile for my tastes for rock/prog/blues but do sound great with jazz and classical. Go figure.
  7. Myrdhinn

Hello from me

A Yorkie in the house. welcome to the asylum. I'm a Lanc lad meself.
  8. Myrdhinn

New member from the UK

Welcome... you'll find it harder to escape from here than Borstal. BTW like the nick.
  9. Myrdhinn

We need an official what Siri said today thread.

I tried the zero thing with Cortana and got "Dividing by zero is not possible. It's one of those things that nature abhors. Like vacuuming."
  10. Myrdhinn

Dutch greetings from London

Welcome to the Asylum
  11. Myrdhinn

Another Audio Name Brand "Whored Out" To The Auto Industry

Fender car audio is made under the direction of Panasonic.
  12. Myrdhinn

Grace 707 Tonearm - What to do with it

Keep it... that arm can turn a mediocre TT into a good TT. I had an ok 70s Taya DP-500 with that arm and a excel MC cart. Was lightyears ahead of the stock one, well, until my little nephew got ahold of it. Can we say "Bend it like Beckham"?
  13. Myrdhinn

Pyle it on?

I use a Pyle 2x15w amp for my headphones with my computer instead of cheap comp. speakers. Does great for that but I wouldn't try to drive any good speakers with it. Oh, and no way it puts out true 15w.
  14. Myrdhinn

Low-budget stereo system

Part of the problem may be the receiver... don't get me wrong, the yammie is good, I have the older RN-500 and it's good. The problem is they are very clinical and sterile if you're used to a older receiver/amp/preamp setup with lots of bass. I find the bass on mine is quite lacking compared to...
  15. Myrdhinn

Hello from Belleville Ontario

Welcome!
  16. Myrdhinn

Speakers probably considered crap, but you think are excellent?

Got a pair of Profiles made by Dahlquist bookshelves (from whatever Canadian company that bought the name and some of the patents) from the 90s that sound surprisingly better than they should. Well built, around 20 something lbs apiece.
  17. Myrdhinn

Poll - Vintage Turntable Buy

If you go with Rega, the Edwards Audio Little Blue belt is just as good as Rega's white and cheaper.
  18. Myrdhinn

Help me choose an entry-level turntable

Being in Canada, never heard a U-turn. Have heard Projects and the cheaper ones kinda left me "meh". Not heard TOTL Projects but I figure at those prices there are better ways to spend the money. Flaunce haven't heard but least comes with a AT95e which is a decent budget cart, but probably...
  19. Myrdhinn

My Squeezbox will not connect to server. WTF?

Glad I could help. Great you up and running. :banana:
  20. Myrdhinn

My Squeezbox will not connect to server. WTF?

In Windows 10 under sharing options in Network & Internet, make sure you've chosen streaming options in "all networks" if you haven't already done that.
  21. Myrdhinn

Olympic fireplace?

Doesn't shed much light and probably you also saw this... https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/olympic_fireplace_radio_t32500fp_m.html
  22. Myrdhinn

The Valab LCR-1 Phono Stage Arrived Today.

A short write up that someone did comparing the Valab to a couple Uber expensive Pre's. http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/LCR-RIAA-shootout.htm
  23. Myrdhinn

So what's your name in your signature stand for?

One of the Welsh versions of Merlin, naturally.
Back
Top Bottom